OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Corrections officer killed at federal prison in Wayne County

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Hudson, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/co...d-at-federal-prison-in-wayne-county-1.1450710

The Funeral Sucked.
    What sucked worse was that the officer that thought something was amiss, took his life at a shooting range yesterday..RIP Medic # 456

2. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

I heard about this last week.

I do my best to make it known to these new kids (and that's what they are, chronologically and mentally) that this shit is no joke. Just like on a motorcycle, you are ultimately responsible for your own safety in a prison setting. Fuck around with people's lives and take risks you ought not to can get you killed, and more importantly, get me killed. Just last week, we damn near had a riot over some dumb shit.

3. tattered

tattered Uber-Aryan
    Wackbag Staff

Doesnt seem like the guy did something to put his safety at risk himself from the way the story reads the prison is grossly understaffed if he is not only working an entire unit by himself but handling getting the inmates in their cells alone as well. This is an assumption but I get the feeling this guy might not of been well liked by the inmates to not only be attacked but none of the inmates helped him. From the COs i know if you earn the inmates respect by treating them fairly and like people they usually will have your back if something happens, it doesnt hurt that if they do help you it may benefit them in some way.

4. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

This guy was killed by administration just as much as those with the weapons. THAT is who is taking the risks that they ought not.

I was taught from an early age, the primary difference between minimum and maximum was ink on a page, a stroke of a pen could turn one into another. The custody system is so fucked here. And I was routinely left alone with 256 "minimums." They act like fucking animals because there is fuck all you can do with them.