Cotati California is a brutal police state

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
:haha7::haha7:

The Backstory:
Police are called out to an apartment for a noise compliant by the neighbors. The three occupants inside non-aggressively exercise their fourth amendment right, refusing the police entry as they demand at gun point to let them inside without a search warrant or probable cause.

As the police quickly holster their weapons after the camera turns on, the three occupants continue to exercise their rights non-aggressively. The police respond by going into "over-the-top" aggressive mode, utilizing excessive force by kicking in the door, assaulting the female and tazing the cameraman four times causing the camera to short out. All three occupants are arrested/cited for obstruction.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
Not so easy to talk about constitutional rights with two probes sending 50,000 volts through your body, is it???

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
But almost always unnecessary.

They should have been smart enough to see this was a set up.

They'll sue and win.
What do you mean by a setup? Like they intentionally got the cops called on them so they could get the cops to overreact so they could sue? If that's the case not gonna line its pretty brilliant

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
What do you mean by a setup? Like they intentionally got the cops called on them so they could get the cops to overreact so they could sue? If that's the case not gonna line its pretty brilliant
The minute they got there and the guy started spouting
his lines and told them he was recording it they should have
left. It was obvious there was no real problem there other than
the one they created by trying to be bad asses.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
The minute they got there and the guy started spouting
his lines and told them he was recording it they should have
left. It was obvious there was no real problem there other than
the one they created by trying to be bad asses.
Oooooooo ic

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Jack Booted Thugs gots to thug it up.

Guess they slept through the Civil Rights part of the police academy.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Anyone who is delusional enough to believe they still have any rights in this country deserves whatever they get.
yep, do as you are told because if your not cops your little people

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
The only reason I know of that town is because they had a store off the 101 called "Back door disc and tape" or some shit. Me and my girl at the time used to just giggle driving passed it and saying "Cotiati back door disc and tape" like a couple of waterheads.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
All three cops should be fired, but nope... the only penalty will be the taxpayers paying these guys, or at the very least paying more to insure the cops.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
I may be wrong but if they are called for a domestic abuse situation don't they have probable cause to enter the home? Also aren't they also by law not allowed to leave with out inspecting the home for signs of abuse. Incase the tazeree just threatened to harm her if she said something to the cops?

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
This aggression will not stand man.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
The domestic angle is going to be the reason they give. Not only could they not go into the house and make sure there was no one hurt they refused to come outside and discuss it.

This is close to the national headlines of the 3 kidnapped girls being in that house for 10 years. Weren't there reports that the cops had been there and did nothing?

Its falls on the cop if something happens inside and he didn't do enough and falls on the cop if he goes to far to make sure.

What works against them is a third part caller. They did admit to having an argument but not enough to go in I don't think. I would have asked to see both kids though.

Yet again like I always advise, do what the cop says if he is wrong to come in then you'll get your payday anyway. Injuries probably increase the payday but you could get hurt and shit..

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
May 12, 2009
Maine
on a domestic call , with kids in the house, they have to check the house. what would the tape be if they just left and the guy then beat a kid to death or shot one? I see nothing wrong here.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
on a domestic call , with kids in the house, they have to check the house. what would the tape be if they just left and the guy then beat a kid to death or shot one? I see nothing wrong here.

Probably would have a matte finish.