Cougarhunter writes his congressmen about milfs

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Whoops, mistake in the title there, oh well :action-sm

I saw an article that pissed me off enough that I wanted to write my representitives. I'm a simple man when it comes to alot of things. I like my coffee hot, my steak rare, and my food without a lot of chemical bullshit in it.

These fuckers at the growth hormone whorehouse, Monsanto, are trying to start shit in my state trying to ban milk producers from labeling their products "Growth Hormone Free."

My letter was as follows:

I understand from an article that I read there is a bill in the Senate that prohibits plain English labeling of growth hormone free milk. This article can be found here:

http://consumerist.com/363935/monsanto-is-trying-to-ban-hormone-labeling-at-the-state-level

I am very much opposed to this for various reasons.

One is that because Monsanto was unsuccessful in lobbying the FDA to ban labeling such as this, they are taking a run at this on a state by state basis. If it's so good for you, why are they trying to hide it? This reminds me of a tortilla recall several years ago when genetically modified corn made its way into our food products.

Secondly, I believe the consumer has the right to know what is in their food. I believe that if the consumer want's to make choices as to what product is right for them then they are in need of plain English labeling. Fat Free, Caffeine Free, Lactose Free, etc, is very easy for the average person to understand.

Third, if a milk producer wants to produce milk that is labeled "Growth Hormone Free," I don't see why they shouldn't. We have "Free Fange" eggs, we have "Angus Beef," "Dolphin Free" tuna, and "Organic" everything you can think of. If a company wants to market its products to the health concicous or trend concicous or any other niche market, I don't see a problem with that. Truthfully, I can't tell a bit of difference between any of these items and their plain-jane counterparts aside from price but that's a matter of taste. I would like to see the dophin quietly put back in the tuna, it was delicious!

I live in the city, and am not a dairy farmer. I don't know any dairy farmers either. I don't drink milk often. There hasn't been milk in my refrigerator for about a month. On the surface, it looks like I don't have a dog in this fight. Milk is used in alot of what I consume though and when a company wants to throw money around and buy the ability to make a choice for me as to what I eat or drink, that angers me.

Can I have your thoughts on this matter?

Signed,

Cougarhunter
Leavenworth, KS

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I've recently started seeing that labeling on milk in my area. Ben & Jerry's have had that labeling on their ice cream also. Good stuff.

WaddleDoodle

Creepy? We're the CIA. It's what we do.
Mar 15, 2005
Arlington, VA
I have no problem whatsoever with genemod foods. Organic food is shit. Literally. That's what they use for fertilizer. So a) it's had lots of shit on it ( you need repeat applications), and who knows if it's been cleaned well enough, and b) it's more expensive (you can't get as much from a tract of land as a scientific farmer using genemod can).

/rant