Could this be the end of the Opie curse?

Is the Opie curse over?

• Yes

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • Who cares

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
What do I think?
I think it's just something they talk about to fill time.

CitizenV

Apr 6, 2006
Boston
Opie curse/bit over.

He has been freed of his curse.
He might try to spin it and say he really was rooting for the Sox but..that would be silly.
Curse/bit over.
Or as they say here in Boston, ova.

-V-

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
Nah, this aint the end of the Opie curse. The Jets still suck, the Mets are gonna suck next year, the Knicks havealways sucked since Patrick Ewing left, and I don't really watch hockey, so I can't say the Islanders suck, but I'll go check the standings right now...................

(insert Jeopardy music here)

.................................and I'm back. At first I didn't understand the standings cause it has games played there, but then I realized that was games played. It looked like the Devils and Rangers were 10-3 and the Islanders were 9-5, and the Islanders were over the Devils and the Rangers, so I was all confused. Actually, the Islanders are 5-4, and they have a winning record.

Boston just got lucky. They played against a team that had too much rest. Fuck the Red Sox, and fuck Boston.

Let's Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!

GoCamels

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...
Aug 19, 2005
Graveyard Of The Atlantic
Ask the Islanders about that curse...Brindy smacked a hat trick on their ass Saturday night...while the Canes will be eating barbecue from the Cup for the second time in three years this June, the Gorton's Fishermen will just be trying to get another teetime.

CitizenV

Apr 6, 2006
Boston
I think he could say it's a bad luck thing but I think for a real curse it has to be absolute, a win like the Sawks had would "break" it.

I'm going by Advanced Dungeons & Dragons second edition rules here.
So i'm just...y'know.

-V-

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
I can only hope so. We'll see how the Patriots do when Opie roots for them in the playoffs.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I think we need a new thread for this topic. I can't seem to find one anywhere!

R

Retard Sex

The curse isn't dead it just doesn't work on Boston area teams. Opie picked the Sox in 04 before the world series and he's picked the Pats in the past too.

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
Jan 8, 2007
NEPA
As norton 23 has been saying, it doesn't apply to Boston. If the Islanders win the cup then it is over.

sniper

Front, and to the right...
Wackbag Staff
It's My Birthday!
Oct 13, 2004
Masshole
I think we need a new thread for this topic. I can't seem to find one anywhere!
Tell me about it... I'd rather drink my johnny blue than merge though... :D

Boston just got lucky. They played against a team that had too much rest. Fuck the Red Sox, and fuck Boston.

Let's Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!
LOL! GA!

Yeah this one was a fluke too right? :haha7: :action-sm

Here's my theory:
The Curse of the Bambino was 86 years old, the Sox broke that curse in 04, therefore they are immune from any curse younger than 86 years old. Seeing as Opie just got out of college, his curse was null and void.

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
I think the curse is still in effect. Opie rooting for the Sox was a goof. he also rooterd for 3-4 other teams and only one can win so I don't think the curse should be applied to this. if he had called the sox before the season or maybe even the playoffs I would consider the possibility of the curse being lifted. next season why doesn't he just pick the whole National League to win the World Series so he has a better chance of winning. Curse ON!

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
The curse isn't dead it just doesn't work on Boston area teams. Opie picked the Sox in 04 before the world series and he's picked the Pats in the past too.
yeah some pics are obvious. like the Pats over the Eagles. its not like Opie was going out on a limb on that one.

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
As norton 23 has been saying, it doesn't apply to Boston. If the Islanders win the cup then it is over.
And the Islanders haven't won a playoff series since 93. They've also suffered two huge blowouts in the past 4 games (8-2 and 8-3). The curse does seem to center on the Isles since Op has been a season ticket holder. It doesn't necessarily explain why the Rangers have sucked so bad...he's probably been rooting for them too.

Curse lives on...it's just not 100% accurate.

Hobo_Cum

Psst... your balls are showing...
Apr 15, 2006
Hobo Cock, Massachusetts
*puts on a look of satisfaction*

i dont give a fuck about the curse, all that i know is that the red sox are world champions.

and just so all you yankees fans understand, when you faggots say "TWENTY SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS!!#*&#(&!" NO red sox fan could care less.

LIVE IN THE NOW

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
*puts on a look of satisfaction*

i dont give a fuck about the curse, all that i know is that the red sox are world champions.

and just so all you yankees fans understand, when you faggots say "TWENTY SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS!!#*&#(&!" NO red sox fan could care less.

LIVE IN THE NOW
psssssssst...the season's over. Live in the now MAAAAAAHHHNNNNNN :icon_roll

I think the Opie curse in it's truest sense...will only go for the teams which he's spent his entire life loving. Poor Mets/Islanders/Jets........oh wait, I don't like those teams, good, fuck em! ;)

DeltaPin

Donator
Feb 17, 2005
NJ
Nope.

Mets, Jets, or Islanders win...then maybe you can talk about breaking the curse.

Not when you pick a team that is an overwhemming favorite.