country HAHAHAHAHAHA

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
one of my friends is upset ... said there are no more rock stations in New York. Honestly? I can't tell you the last time I listened to terrestrial radio, so I couldn't argue yes or no with her. Is she right? Are there no more rock stations in New York?

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
What a dumb move.

If they boot OnA in the AM, the station might as well shutter their doors, as they'll have no revenue because NOBODY outside of a handful of cuntree lovers will be listening.

KevSlider

EYE HAVE YOU
Wackbag Staff
Sep 30, 2004
Indiana
Opie: "I like to mess with the listeners"

speculate speculate scroll scroll scroll poll post poll post

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
one of my friends is upset ... said there are no more rock stations in New York. Honestly? I can't tell you the last time I listened to terrestrial radio, so I couldn't argue yes or no with her. Is she right? Are there no more rock stations in New York?
Q104 is the last bastion of classic rock.

krunk

sackboy-licious
Aug 2, 2003
Delco, PA
from allaccess.com

Tom Chiusano To Announce Retirement
ALL ACCESS has learned that a staff meeting at CBS/NEW YORK, referred to on-air by OPIE & ANTHONY, has been held to announce the retirement of Alternative WXRK VP/GM TOM CHIUSANO.

More details as they become available here on ALL ACCESS.

mike3152

Remembering Lacy. Linger Longer.
Feb 18, 2005
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Just another example of the fact that Terestrial Radio is a sinking ship. Get the life boats boys, dont go down with that shitty ship.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
from allaccess.com

Tom Chiusano To Announce Retirement
ALL ACCESS has learned that a staff meeting at CBS/NEW YORK, referred to on-air by OPIE & ANTHONY, has been held to announce the retirement of Alternative WXRK VP/GM TOM CHIUSANO.

More details as they become available here on ALL ACCESS.
You forgot the meatspin link. :(

mike3152

Remembering Lacy. Linger Longer.
Feb 18, 2005
Harrisonburg, Virginia
You know what this means, less XM side of the show. It will take O, A & J an extra 15 minutes after the walk over to clean the horse shit off thier cowboy boots and hang up thier stetson hats.

krunk

sackboy-licious
Aug 2, 2003
Delco, PA
from fmqb.com

In Brief - January 18, 2008
January 18, 2008

WXRK (K-Rock)/New York GM Tom Chiusano is relinquishing his role as GM of the station. Contrary to reports elsewhere, Chiusano told FMQB he is not resigning from the station and will stay on with CBS Radio in a consulting capacity until "at least June." In the meantime, the K-Rock management icon is heading out for a vacation before he resumes his duties with the company.

BeersOnTheBoat

Ex-New Yorker (Thank God!)
Mar 30, 2005
None of your business
from fmqb.com

In Brief - January 18, 2008
January 18, 2008

WXRK (K-Rock)/New York GM Tom Chiusano is relinquishing his role as GM of the station. Contrary to reports elsewhere, Chiusano told FMQB he is not resigning from the station and will stay on with CBS Radio in a consulting capacity until "at least June." In the meantime, the K-Rock management icon is heading out for a vacation before he resumes his duties with the company.
Wouldn't it be a pisser if this is a strategic move on his part to assume the roll of VP of programming for Mel in the newly mergen XM/Serious? Bye, Bye E-Lo, hello Tommy.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Seems to me that Tom C. is betting that this programming change won't make it. Hence, the reason why he's retiring.

The consulting gig is just a nice li'l bonus for his years of service to CBS. It'll be a fat check with little to no blowback should the country music change fail.

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Write this on a rock, the boys are fucked on FM

But that means more gooder for XM!

You know, the Stern clones will have a field day with this but isn't their whore, Bubba the Love Sponge going to terrestrial? Oh, that will go well

TankRizzo

Dec 6, 2004
I've never heard anything edgy on a country station.

The slappy and wappy shows are more edgy than what I hear on my local country stations.

TankRizzo

Dec 6, 2004
...and the end of that promo said something about country music "all day long"

bum bum ba bummmmmm WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
K-Country!