Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Walmart trifecta in play...

Couple Sees Jesus In Walmart Receipt

Anderson County Couple Says Image On Receipt Is Jesus

POSTED: 10:43 pm EDT July 15, 2011
UPDATED: 1:34 pm EDT July 16, 2011

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. -- An engaged couple in Anderson County says a shadowy image that turned up on a receipt from Walmart looks like the face of Jesus.

Jacob Simmons and his fiancee, Gentry Lee Sutherland, said they bought some pictures from Walmart on Sunday, June 12.

The following Wednesday, the couple had just come home from a church service when Simmons spotted the receipt on the floor of Sutherland's apartment. He says the receipt had changed.

"I was leaving the kitchen and I just looked on the floor, and it was like it was looking at me," Simmons said.

A dark gray mark on the receipt seems to show two eyes, a nose and a mouth in a thickly bearded face.

"Then the more you look at it, the more it looked like Jesus, and it was just shocking, breathtaking," Simmons said.

The couple said the image seemed to answer a question they had just been asked at church.

"We had a message on knowing God, abiding in him," Sutherland said. "(The preacher asked) 'If you know God, would you recognize him if you saw him?'"

Simmons said he called the store to ask what could have made the mark.

"They said the only way you could really get it black was to put heat on it," Simmons said.

The couple says they did nothing to make the face appear on the receipt.

"We just feel like it's a blessing that God showed it to us and opened our eyes. And we just feel like we should share the blessing God gave to us to everybody else," Sutherland said.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/28568416/detail.html#ixzz1SdoG1pBA

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
No fucking way did that thing appear randomly. This is an ebay cash-grab. And hey dumbasses that see jesus in toast and cheetos and grilled cheese sammiches - How about your asshole savior appears AS A REAL PERSON? Keep waiting...

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
No fucking way did that thing appear randomly. This is an ebay cash-grab. And hey dumbasses that see jesus in toast and cheetos and grilled cheese sammiches - How about your asshole savior appears AS A REAL PERSON? Keep waiting...

Yep, heat something up and you can pretty much use it to "paint" on any of those heat paper receipts

I hate jesus freaks more and more every day

afternoonquil

Apology Ostrich
Apr 2, 2011
I saw jesus in my skidmark once. (I don't normally have sh*t stains, but I rushed the stage at a 3 doors down show, got a little carried away)

Mar 2, 2005
chicago
why the fuck is there a receipt on the floor? and a few days later no less. clean your fuckin house hillbilly

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
That can't be Jesus. Jesus is black.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
Yup, some hayseed discovered thermal paper and found a raised image he could transfer easily.
It's too obvious that he covered his tracks by calling the store to ask how it could happen.

Got to give him a little credit, its not a bad idea.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Jacob Simmons and his fiancee, Gentry Lee Sutherland, said they bought some pictures from Walmart on Sunday, June 12.

The following Wednesday, the couple had just come home from a church service when Simmons spotted the receipt on the floor of Sutherland's apartment. He says the receipt had changed.
So these people go to church on Wednesday, and Walmart on Sunday?