Coupon fatty gets a beatdown

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I can't figure out what they mean by "hitting record."

Extreme couponer claims attack by store manager

Posted: Updated:
By Michael Clark - email

GERMANTOWN, TN -
(WMC-TV) - An extreme couponer claims she was attacked at a dollar store when she said the manager refused to honor her coupons. The entire ordeal was caught on camera.
The sign at the store states coupons are accepted at Dollar Tree but a shopper is now nursing a busted lip and popped blood vessels in her eye after she says the manager refused to deal with her "wad of coupons". She said she was attacked while leaving the store.
Missy Monzo-Marte says she was shopping at the Dollar Tree in Germantown with a friend, both of whom belong to the DeSoto County Coupon Club.
Jennifer Hill says they had a similar run in with the same manager last week. Now, they want answers from corporate.
"The only purpose for hitting record was so when Dollar Tree called me back I had proof of how we were treated in the store," said Hill.
But instead, hitting record caught the alleged attack on camera and led to Germantown police citing employee Shauna Shipman with misdemeanor assault.
A Dollar Tree corporate spokesperson said, "we take these types of claims seriously and we are investigating."
No comment about Shauna Shipman's employment status since incident is under review.
"Was this really all over coupons? I mean here we are, we're trying to save money," said Monzo-Marte.
And Monzo-Marte makes donations with her savings. She cannot understand why of all people, a store manager, would refuse her service. She still cannot believe she has a puffy lip and blurry vision because of a wad of coupons.
"We had no problem buying our products at any of the other Dollar Trees," she said.
Dollar Tree employee Shauna Shipman has not returned Action News 5's request for comment.
http://www.wmctv.com/story/20167279/extreme-couponer-claims-attack-by-store-manager

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Anyone who takes coupons to Dollar Tree deserves to be belted in the face.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
Fuck that Meg Griffin looking cunt. She had it coming is right.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Glad Tubby got a good smack. Perhaps instead of clipping coupons, she should consider a little exercise. Fat entitled mess.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
If you calculate the time these people spend on their coupon stuff, it's actually an economic loss, just like the sheeple who spend hours on line on Black Friday (often just to pay HIGHER prices than at other times in the year for some of the stuff they were buying).

Also, a store can ban anyone it wants from shopping on its premises. That store manager should have done just that.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
If you calculate the time these people spend on their coupon stuff, it's actually an economic loss
I saw a few of the coupon shows. They would carefully clip and file them in binders or notebooks, in some sort of precise order. Fatty makes a point of stating she had a "wad of coupons" and I imagine a chocolate stained wad of coupons in her fat sweaty hand. That's enough to start a beating.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
And the coupons are only for crap. I mean sure, detergent, toothpaste, and dish soap is good to have. But all the frozen shit and high sugar drinks cannot be good for you. Though I do have to imagine a couponer's basement would be like heaven for her stoner kid and his friends. Though they probably have anything psychotically inventoried and would notice their high fructose corn syrup ladened garbage gone.

I have also wonder how many people think they're Extreme Couponing only to go to the register and discover they only got $50 off on a $600 bill.

Dec 12, 2007
That should qualify for a temp-thread ban, at least. :action-sm
Him last week.

I will not be joining the neandersheeple this Friday (or Thursday evening, or whatever other day the marketing departments of these conglomerates want to persuade the sheeple that a good deal will be available: Soon it will extend to Wednesday, then the whole week. Then it will be 'Black November' as long as the pathetic consumerist slaves keep showing up, nearly-maxed-out credit cards in hand).
He deserves a visit from ole dollar tree fists.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I saw a few of the coupon shows. They would carefully clip and file them in binders or notebooks, in some sort of precise order. Fatty makes a point of stating she had a "wad of coupons" and I imagine a chocolate stained wad of coupons in her fat sweaty hand. That's enough to start a beating.
The "Coupon Folios" were sold as far back as 1980....when I was in Catholic School and had to sell some stupid useless shit for school.... What bugs me about Extreme couponers (and I was stuck behind one Wednesday before Thanksgiving) are the ones that do it prime time shopping to get attention...and think that when the people waiting/stuck in line applaud......it's for them only having to pay 10.00 on a 100 dollar transaction..when it is actually us applauding the poor person who had the patience to put up with their shit.....and whats with some of the retarded shit they buy?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Well I guess these extreme couponers also train their spawn... as I was in line and a Mother and Son were buying like some Gatorade and other sundries. He produced a binder and then a bunch of coupons (from their sorted slots in the binder) I think they ended up paying like fifty cents for $10 worth of stuff...

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
...and whats with some of the retarded shit they buy?
I guess what ever they can get a discount on is worth buying... like I will buy things in bulk... laundry detergent etc (at BJ's)... but not 20 5 gallon jugs at a time though.

Madness

Dec 9, 2004
My wife's aunt does this shit. She'll buy like 40 boxes of Hamburger Helper because she got 2 for free. She has happy because she saved 15 dollars on Campbells soup a month ago and I did the math and figured out she had to buy something like 150 cans of soup to get that. It's crazy and she just has boxes of shit she'll never eat sitting around everywhere.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Ahhh-Haha! I Just read me some fancy posts from some fancy folks. Some people got more time than money, so all that coupon saving is time spent wise.
may you get stuck right behind one of these fucking cunts, whilst battling a horrendous case of the shits holding the last box of imodium that you had to beg her to give you because she bought every one on the shelf.

if i remember correctly there is a sign in my local super market now that says something about coupons to the effect of "we only have to honor what we want" i got stuck behind one of those cunts one time if they have nothing better to do all day than clip coupons they can go to the store in the middle of the day when the place is empty, not right after work when im starving and have my dinner in my hand.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Glad Tubby got a good smack. Perhaps instead of clipping coupons, she should consider a little exercise. Fat entitled mess.
And she has one of those Maiden-Married combination last names. You know, because she's so proud of who she is.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
If you calculate the time these people spend on their coupon stuff, it's actually an economic loss, just like the sheeple who spend hours on line on Black Friday (often just to pay HIGHER prices than at other times in the year for some of the stuff they were buying).
I saw a lady on the extreme coupon show buy 800$ of stuff and by the time they put in all her coupon codes the store owed her 50$.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
may you get stuck right behind one of these fucking cunts, whilst battling a horrendous case of the shits holding the last box of imodium that you had to beg her to give you because she bought every one on the shelf.
If I shopped at dollar tree (what ever the fuck that is, sounds awful) I would deserve for that to happen to me.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

Also, a store can ban anyone it wants from shopping on its premises. That store manager should have done just that.
I actually met one of those ladies featured on TLC through work. She explained that once your system is set up, it's really not that hard to stay organized. She spends about 4-5 hours a week on it, a little more on the week leading up to the big shopping trips. One of the things that actually is a time/money saver is they've always got cold and other medicines on hand so they're not forced to go out to Walgreens in the middle of the night and pay $8 for some Robitussen. They've already got it in their pantry and probably got it for less than a buck.

And that the ones that make the show are obviously the "extreme" examples that they do about once every 6 weeks. A lot of them do it for charities like churches and food banks. they're not ALL a bunch of hoarders.

They belong to clubs where they share coupons through their church group or amongst friends and there is a HUGE online community of them. They probably would laugh at all of us on here who are spending that much time on the Wackbag. Just sayin'.

Ahhh-Haha! I Just read me some fancy posts from some fancy folks. Some people got more time than money, so all that coupon saving is time spent wise.
And this too. A lot of these people are housewives that probably wouldn't be working anyway so at least it's more productive than sitting on the couch eating Bon Bons watching daytime TV.

The only thing that really bugs me is the fact that they'll clean out an entire shelf of something leaving nothing for the other customers. The managers should absolutely limit their purchases to a more reasonable amount.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I'm thinking oapc is a closet couponer.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
while I don't do the couponing thing....I don't understand why she get belted for wanting to use coupons.

but im sure I'll get plenty of responses telling me why I'm stupid and being from Georgia or something.....:meh: