BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Eric Clapton is a pip.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I've never heard that Page story.
How is that a thing that actually happened...

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I knew about Dickens. I applaud him. I recall his wife was in and out of insane asylums.

HandPanzer

Vergangenheitsbewältigung
May 30, 2013
Well, Sean Penn seems a little more endearing now...

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I knew about Dickens. I applaud him. I recall his wife was in and out of insane asylums.
She was classy to the bitter end, though.
her only comeback came on her deathbed in 1879 when she handed over a collection of letters Dickens wrote her, with the simple request, "Give these to the British Museum, that the world may know he loved me once."

Discoman

Donator
Feb 21, 2010
New York
For Eric Clapton they should have mentioned stealing George Harrison's wife.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Eric Clapton is an unapologetic follower of first-class douche Enoch Powell, a member of the British Conservative Party and full-blown racist. His 1968 "Rivers of Blood" speech, which basically foretold of an England in tatters if (non-white) immigration was allowed to run rampant, was ridiculously controversial and seriously damaged his political career. But Clapton stood by him.
Hate to shit in the punch bowl but yes, England is doomed. Anybody been to London? The country that brought you Isaac Newton, Winston Churchill, George Orwell, H G Wells, Charles Darwin, William Shakespeare and the Magna Carta is being demographically overrun by smelly towel-headed rug-riding Pakis. They've just been forced to include Islamic history in the national curriculum:

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/07/15/313868/islam-his-enters-new-uk-curriculum/

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I wanna know how Paige got away with basically kidnapping and rayping over and over again, a 14 year old girl!?!?!?! Don't people, like, go to jail for shit like that?

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
If I played guitar I'd be Jimmy Page
The girlies I like are underage

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
I wanna know how Paige got away with basically kidnapping and rayping over and over again, a 14 year old girl!?!?!?! Don't people, like, go to jail for shit like that?

only if the media says they should....

VicVinegar

Oct 5, 2012
Same way a lot of things didn't get reported back in those days.

I'm sure Page had the right amount of influential friends to make it go away.

Of course today, you get reports on every insignificant detail, especially if it concerns a celebrity, with the media just hoping it gets momentum for the next "big one" .

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
Dickens and Clapton outranked Penn, Page and Neil. You know, because bigotry and fat lady-hating are as bad as kidnapping, statutory ****, assault and manslaughter.

Anyway, I had never heard of the Jimmy Page thing. I have a Led Zeppelin theory, though: Karma ended up getting them for their egregious plagiarism, one way or the other. Robert Plant's son died, Jimmy Page wound up looking Asian, Bonham drowned in booze and Jones was somewhat ostracized from the band during some later tours, but because he seems like a nice guy and probably wrote the most original material he ended up okay.

And, yes, Clapton wasn't exactly wrong about England. There are more curry and kebab shops there than there fish n' chip shops. Case closed.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Dickens and Clapton outranked Penn, Page and Neil. You know, because bigotry and fat lady-hating are as bad as kidnapping, statutory ****, assault and manslaughter.

Anyway, I had never heard of the Jimmy Page thing. I have a Led Zeppelin theory, though: Karma ended up getting them for their egregious plagiarism, one way or the other. Robert Plant's son died, Jimmy Page wound up looking Asian, Bonham drowned in booze and Jones was somewhat ostracized from the band during some later tours, but because he seems like a nice guy and probably wrote the most original material he ended up okay.

And, yes, Clapton wasn't exactly wrong about England. There are more curry and kebab shops there than there fish n' chip shops. Case closed.
To be fair, curry shops are very English. The English invented curry powder as a way to imitate the flavors of India. The style of curry you find in England is fairly unique to that country and has been there for a couple hundred years now.