Crazy jew attacker "sorry"

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
Man charged in Wiesel attack: 'Sorry' By MARCUS WOHLSEN, Associated Press Writer
Mon Aug 13, 5:21 PM ET

SAN FRANCISCO - A man charged with dragging Holocaust scholar Elie Wiesel from a hotel elevator apologized in court Monday to the Nobel laureate over the attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Hunt, 22, has pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted kidnapping, false imprisonment, battery, stalking, elder abuse and hate crimes following the February incident at San Francisco's Argent Hotel.

The apology came in the midst of a hearing to determine whether Hunt, who originally pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity but later changed his plea, should stand trial.

Hunt raised a shaking hand and spoke up suddenly from his seat next to his lawyer just as Wiesel had finished describing his ordeal in Nazi death camps, where his parents and sister died.

"Mr. Wiesel, I'm sorry for scaring you and I'm sorry you experienced the Holocaust," Hunt said. "My grandfather fought the Nazis and I'm sorry about what happened."

Wiesel did not respond but went on to describe the Feb. 1 incident in which he said Hunt grabbed him from the elevator and demanded that the 78-year-old professor come to his room for an interview. Wiesel said he feared he was being kidnapped and began shouting for help in the empty hallway on the hotel's sixth floor.

"The shock to me was so great I lost a sense of time and of space," said Wiesel, who was not injured.

Hunt, of Vernon, N.J., has been in a San Francisco jail psychiatric ward since May, when he was flown to California to face the charges.

His lawyer, San Francisco defense attorney John Runfola, said in an interview Monday that prosecutors had "overcharged" his client.

Hunt is not an anti-Semitic stalker, but a man suffering from mental illness, Runfola said. When he confronted Wiesel, he was in the grip of a "manic episode" triggered by his grandfather's death, he said.

The defense has sent the results of a psychiatrist's evaluation to Wiesel along with 20 letters from Hunt's family, friends and teachers describing the incident as deeply out of character for the high school honor student and college graduate, Runfola said.

"I'm hoping that in (Wiesel's) lifelong struggle to help oppressed people, he reaches out to one of them, and that's Eric Hunt," Runfola said.

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
sounds insane to me, i mean he grabbed the dude and asked to interview him, i wonder why he changed his plea

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i hate to be "the guy" but the fucking nazi's killed plenty of people other than just the jews, and quite frankly im glad that the ones that survived are dieing off. not to mention that im also getting a tad sick of "hate crimes" or "elder abuse" crimes, a crime is a crime. why does every one have to be special when prosecuting others. its a simple case of assault and battery and thats it.

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
.... tad sick of "hate crimes" or "elder abuse" crimes, a crime is a crime. why does every one have to be special when prosecuting others. its a simple case of assault and battery and thats it.
i do agree with that part, just because the old fuck happens to be jewish it's a hate crime? fuck that. clan members killing blacks is a hate crime

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
i hate to be "the guy" but the fucking nazi's killed plenty of people other than just the jews, and quite frankly im glad that the ones that survived are dieing off.
It won't get any better. The kids & the grand kids and the great-grands kids won't let anyone forget that their relatives survived the holocaust.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Hunt grabbed him from the elevator and demanded that the 78-year-old professor come to his room for an interview.
if only Roland were so motivated.

Butter Nuggets

May 29, 2006
It won't get any better. The kids & the grand kids and the great-grands kids won't let anyone forget that their relatives survived the holocaust.
It wont disappear but it will get better. I am pretty sure even OnA fans would feel terrible for an actual former slave. While a descendant of one gets thought of slightly different.