Crazy Joe v. Lyin' Ryan - Official 2012 Vice-Presidential Debate Thread

RYAN: Age 42

RELIGION
BIDEN: Roman Catholic
RYAN: Roman Catholic

EDUCATION
BIDEN: Law degree, Syracuse University, 1968; bachelor's, University of Delaware, 1965

RYAN: Bachelor's degrees in political science and economics, Miami University of Ohio, 1992.

FAMILY
BIDEN: Spouse, Jill Biden, college professor; children, Beau, Hunter and the late Naomi Biden (with late wife, Neilia Hunter), and Ashley (with Jill Biden).

RYAN: Spouse, Janna Ryan, tax lawyer and stay-at-home mother; children, Elizabeth, Charles and Samuel.

WEALTH:
BIDEN: Biden's reported personal net worth, according to financial disclosures required of members of the executive branch, ranges from negative $1.2 million to positive $190,993. He has assets ranging from $233,000 to $776,000.

RYAN: Ryan's personal worth ranges from $2 million to $7.7 million, largely as a result of an inheritance his wife recently received after her mother died. In June, Ryan amended his 2011 personal financial disclosure to reflect his wife's one-third interest in her late mother's trust. Her share in the blind trust is valued between $1 million and $5 million, according to the amendment submitted by Ryan.

EXPERIENCE:
BIDEN: U.S. senator from Delaware, 1973-2009 (Judiciary Committee chairman, 1987-1995;
Foreign Relations Committee chairman, 2007-2009);
New Castle, Del., County Council, 1970-1972;
attorney and public defender, Wilmington, Del., 1969-1972.

RYAN: U.S. representative from Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District since 1999 (House Budget Committee chairman since 2011);
legislative director for GOP Sen. Sam Brownback of Kansas, 1995-1997;
speechwriter and volunteer for the conservative think tank Empower America;
congressional aide to GOP Sen. Bob Kasten of Wisconsin, 1992.
In college, he had a job driving Oscar Mayer's promotional hot dog-shaped Wienermobile.

SADNESS:
BIDEN: His wife and 1-year-old daughter were killed and both sons injured in a 1972 car crash shortly after his first election to the U.S. Senate.

RYAN: When he was 16, Ryan, the youngest of four children, found his 55-year-old father dead in bed of a heart attack.

HEALTH
BIDEN: Life-threatening brain aneurysm that required surgery in 1988, after which he suffered a pulmonary embolism. He was given last rites by a priest. A second aneurysm was repaired that year; he has reportedly had no recurrences.

RYAN: Does P90X, runs marathons, says he has 6-8% bodyfat.

WIGGER
BIDEN: Has adopted a black accent from time to time saying "y'all."

RYAN: Dated a black chick named Deneeta.

RACISM
BIDEN: In 2006, he told an Indian-American supporter that “you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”
Joked that he would win black delegates because he was from a "slave state."

RYAN: Nothin' Really.

QUEERS
BIDEN: Supports gay marriage, which he once opposed; supported repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell law, which barred openly gay Americans from serving in the military; supports prohibition on job discrimination based on sexual orientation.

RYAN: Opposed repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell; opposes adoptions by same-sex couples; supports constitutional amendment to bar same-sex marriage; supports prohibition on job discrimination based on sexual orientation.

ABORTION
BIDEN: Supports legal abortion under Roe v. Wade; supports partial-birth abortion ban; has voted to expand research to more embryonic stem cell lines.

RYAN: Opposes abortion and embryonic stem cell research; supports prohibitions on federal funding for abortion and would ban federal funding of Planned Parenthood.

TAXES:
BIDEN: Has, with Obama, advocated raising taxes on wealthy Americans; touts tax cuts the administration says has lowered middle class tax bills by an average $3,600.

RYAN: Has supported a two-level flat tax, reducing the corporate tax rate and eliminating the alternative minimum tax. Advocates closing unspecified loopholes to pay for tax reductions.

BULLSHIT
BIDEN:His run for the 1988 Democratic presidential nomination was destroyed by allegations of plagiarism when operatives for opponent Michael Dukakis sent media an attack video showing that Biden appropriated without credit parts of a stump speech from British Labour Party leader Neil Kinnock.

RYAN: Fox News described his convention speech as "deceiving." http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/
Lied about his marathon time and climbing 40 mountains in Colorado.
People are skeptical of his claims of lower bodyfat than Olympic swimmers.

FAMILY BUSINESS
BIDEN: His sister, Valerie Biden Owens, who ran his first campaign for County Council, has been with him on every campaign since.
His son Beau is the Attorney General of Delaware.

RYAN: His wife's uncle is former senator and Oklahoma Gov. David Boren, a Democrat; her first cousin is the former governor's son, Rep. David Boren, also an Oklahoma Democrat.

NERDS
BIDEN: Overcame a stutter as a child by memorizing poetry and practicing in front of a mirror.

RYAN: Classmates voted him biggest "brown-noser" his senior year in high school.

CHEAP:
BIDEN: During his 36 years in the Senate commuted by train almost daily from his Delaware home to work in Washington.

RYAN: He sleeps in his congressional office while in Washington.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Biden's "cheap" listing cost the rest of us billions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

The format is going to be strange.
Short formats:
"The debate will cover both foreign and domestic topics and be divided into nine time segments of approximately 10 minutes each. The moderator will ask an opening question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the question."

That's a 6 minute discussion of each topic.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I think the entire debate should be each of them defending their respective running mate's position on Big Bird.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
Barry got his ass handed to him last week and there is really no coming back from that. Nobody really gives a shit about the VP other than the die hard politicos.

The first debate is the one everyone was gearing up for, and was an embarrassment for Obama. Joe Biden will get drunk and make a pass at the moderator.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Barry got his ass handed to him last week and there is really no coming back from that. Nobody really gives a shit about the VP other than the die hard politicos.

The first debate is the one everyone was gearing up for, and was an embarrassment for Obama. Joe Biden will get drunk and make a pass at the moderator.
If Romney wins the election, I'm going to get a sadistic joy out of reading my lib friends on FB having on-line freakouts. It's going to be fun. And I'm going to try and avoid putting my 2 cents into any of their "OMG OUR DEAR LEADER WAS DEFEATED OMG AMERICA IS SUCH A BUNCH OF RACIST REDNECKS" threads because I don't need to poke the hornets nest. lol

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
'Bate time!

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Who the fuck is the hilarious chick? She had rap on her cell phone and reports from war zones so isn't use to having the audience at her back.

Good shit.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Maddow just said that the Reps' made it clear they didn't want him referred to as "Congressman Paul Ryan", and then she said that...

"Great, you got your little wave to the families in..."

This bitch means bizness

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Ryan's flag pin is bigger than Biden's.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
They're really getting into the thick of it.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
HA!
I love how Joe can't hold back his stupid smile and laughter.

Haha, he's just laughing...

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Ryan's widows peak scares me. I blame Bela Lugosi.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Easy to blame intell community when there is no one to point finger at.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
She sucks as a moderator. Seems nervous and jumpy. Still no better than that old fuck from last week.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Waiting for Joe to just say "Fuck It" and walk off stage.