Crystal meth use in US twice higher than estimated

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070615205508.ezt49bsa&show_article=1

Crystal meth use in US twice higher than estimated

Jun 15 04:55 PM US/Eastern

Crystal methamphetamine use among young American adults is twice higher than previously estimated, according to National Institutes of Health (NIH) research published Friday.

Also known as "ice," "crystal," "glass," and "tina," crystal meth is a highly addictive, inexpensive, colorless stimulant that affects the central nervous system.

Typically smoked, it is used by 2.8 percent of young adults aged 18-26, according to the revised results of a 2001-2002 study conducted by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, part of the NIH.

The initial research had found crystal use at 1.4 percent among adults aged 19-28.

"This new information gives us a clearer picture of use among young adults, but also raises new concerns," said NIH Director Elias Zerhouni.

"Even occasional use of crystal methamphetamine is associated with multiple health and social risks, including a negative impact on families as well as straining emergency departments and law enforcement resources," he added.

The new NIH study found crystal users are "disproportionately white and male" and live mainly in the western part of the United States. Native Americans, it also found, were 4.2 times as likely as whites to use crystal.

"Users also tend to have lower social economic status, use other substances, such as alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine, and the male users are more likely to have had incarcerated fathers," the NIH said.

Copyright AFP 2005

Joe Avezzano

Jul 9, 2006
I don't know what's so great about meth. I had a friend try it and he said it's no picnic. If I was to get into drugs, it would have to be lsd. The way Ron described it the other day to Fez made it sound like a hell of a good, harmless time.

momsacunt

Dec 15, 2006
Montana
I did it for over 30 years (started when it was only for bikers and truckers)been busted for possession,paraphernalia,driving under the influence,and finally manufacturing. Still couldn't quit, hated doing it but couldn't stop. Finally decided to get help after wasting my whole life.MY advice NEVER, NOT EVEN ONE TIME

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Meth is rampant here...the local cops don't raid meth houses out here...for 2 reasons 1) the Montana State Police have jurisdiction and it is their job to do the raid
and 2) the local cops do not want to get blown up.
NEVER, NOT EVEN ONE TIME
on every available wall here in Butte

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's a serious problem out here in Washington.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Tried it once and hated it. I will stick to my weed, beer and the once a year bag of shrooms or hit of acid.

Frankie_Ballz

wear no bag, spread the hiv
Jul 24, 2005
shit in LA, 417, my area code here is slang for crystal. I forget, one of the counties around here leads the nation in production. I know tweakers, former tweakers, and there are sudafed and other such boxes laying in the street occasionally. FUCK all that shit, I have always been a fan of the downers myself, why would you want to stay awake for 5 days at a clip.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
What a hot chick. She has great cheek bones.

Why would anyone smoke shit made by a dumb motherfucker with a junior high education making "drugs" with cleaning chemicals and sudafed? It's fucking ridiculous.

ChimneyFish

Believe it or not, it's just meeee
Sep 10, 2005
Tien's Landing
Tried it twice. Didn't really do it for me.
Kind of like Sam said, I'd rather be getting my drugs from an Afgani savage, than some dumb hayseed.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Along the lines of what momsacunt said, why the fuck do you fuckers get your asses into this shit in the first place?

Shit, I ask you if you want to take a drug for the first time or work for Blackwater in Iraq for a year making $100k, most of you would "experiment" with the drugs because going to Iraq is too fucking dangerous for you.

Meanwhile, your statistical odds for fucking yourself over are a LOT higher starting in on drugs than they are for getting seriously injured in Iraq, even as a soldier.

You just end up another ambitionless, fucked up little tweaker/junkie/pothead/crackhead/drunk, spending all your fucking time and money trying to get your next fucking hit.

Alcohol and pot are relatively harmless, but they're just the same thing. They're light beer as opposed to hard liquor: it just takes longer to fuck yourself up. Not a big fucking difference, in the end.

I'm no teetotaller, and my only serious addiction is to pr0n and roast beef sandwiches, but why the fuck do you CHOOSE to get into this shit in the first place? You CAN choose not to, right? Nobody is sticking that fucking needle in your arm, right?

Drugs are the credit cards of pain. Some people can use their credit cards carefully, pay them off quickly, and not get into trouble. But a LOT of people can't. And all drugs are doing is buying freedom from pain on credit. You're going to have to pay off a LOT of interest down the road. Not to mention the $$ you're paying right now, just to be able to fuck yourself up!

Instead of getting a free t-shirt for signing up for your new credit card of pain, you're GIVING the credit card company a t-shirt so they'll let you borrow some pain alleviation at usurious interest rates.

I hear so much "oh, I was so depressed over my addiction I had to take another hit" bullshit. WHAT???? All that is is taking out another fucking credit card to pay off the credit cards you've got now.

Brilliant.

ChimneyFish

Sep 10, 2005
Tien's Landing
Along the lines of what momsacunt said, why the fuck do you fuckers get your asses into this shit in the first place?

Shit, I ask you if you want to take a drug for the first time or work for Blackwater in Iraq for a year making $100k, most of you would "experiment" with the drugs because going to Iraq is too fucking dangerous for you.

Meanwhile, your statistical odds for fucking yourself over are a LOT higher starting in on drugs than they are for getting seriously injured in Iraq, even as a soldier.

You just end up another ambitionless, fucked up little tweaker/junkie/pothead/crackhead/drunk, spending all your fucking time and money trying to get your next fucking hit.

Alcohol and pot are relatively harmless, but they're just the same thing. They're light beer as opposed to hard liquor: it just takes longer to fuck yourself up. Not a big fucking difference, in the end.

I'm no teetotaller, and my only serious addiction is to pr0n and roast beef sandwiches, but why the fuck do you CHOOSE to get into this shit in the first place? You CAN choose not to, right? Nobody is sticking that fucking needle in your arm, right?

Drugs are the credit cards of pain. Some people can use their credit cards carefully, pay them off quickly, and not get into trouble. But a LOT of people can't. And all drugs are doing is buying freedom from pain on credit. You're going to have to pay off a LOT of interest down the road. Not to mention the $$ you're paying right now, just to be able to fuck yourself up!

Instead of getting a free t-shirt for signing up for your new credit card of pain, you're GIVING the credit card company a t-shirt so they'll let you borrow some pain alleviation at usurious interest rates.

I hear so much "oh, I was so depressed over my addiction I had to take another hit" bullshit. WHAT???? All that is is taking out another fucking credit card to pay off the credit cards you've got now.

Brilliant.
Thanks, mom.:icon_wink

Mind if I use "Credit Card of Pain" as the title of my new autobiography????

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
im not a big fan, i think ill stick to lung cancer

bethm1b

person of interest
Dec 1, 2006
Just past the line.
The reason people try hard drugs is because of the bullshit they're told about harmless ones. everyone tells you weed is so evil and it will destroy your life and then you try it and see they're full of shit. Then at a vulnerable moment, you're offered coke or dope or meth and you're drunk or stoned and you figure they're full of shit about this too.......

Never tried meth, and have no intention to. Especially since I've seen how it's made and by whom. I dunno, for me weed this side of medical grade never did a thing for me. I have the blessing of being able to try anything and not be addicted, that said I won't press my luck. Plus I have no real desire to try anything else.

I do have an affinity for X, being practically raised in the club scene I tried it and liked it. But I get the genuine article. Which is the real warning about any drug. Know what you're getting.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Meth is just another way of culling the herd.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
The reason people try hard drugs is because of the bullshit they're told about harmless ones. everyone tells you weed is so evil and it will destroy your life and then you try it and see they're full of shit. Then at a vulnerable moment, you're offered coke or dope or meth and you're drunk or stoned and you figure they're full of shit about this too.......
There are no harmless drugs. There are less harmful drugs, and yeah the "take one hit off a joint and you'll completely fuck up your life" stuff is bullshit, but if you know any decent number of potheads, you know of a few who've fucked themselves up when they were high, just like you know someone who fucked themselves up when drunk or who trashed their lungs with smoking.

Overblowing the dangers of the less harmful drugs fucks some people up, yeah. But saying they're harmless is as bullshit as saying smoking a couple of joints will fuck up your life.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
Fuck meth. I like toast...

and LSD is the shit. I was picked up years ago for trying to sell my girfriend's neighbor's kid into slavery door to door.. both tripping our faces off. Just be careful what you bring up around certain people. Jimmy Norden's humor could have 'flipped the switch' so to speak. (Actually it did to some.. can't go there)

ChimneyFish

Sep 10, 2005
Tien's Landing

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
Hated dealing with tweekers, the marks all over them from the "bugs", they stink, greasy, and dirty.

Although they got no problem running through shit to get away from you.