OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

CURRENT UFC OFFICIAL RECORDS

Discussion in 'UFC/MMA' started by UCJOE, Sep 27, 2012.

1. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

CURRENT UFC OFFICIAL RECORDS
    Best record in fights that go the time limit - George St. Pierre 9-0
    Fastest knockout - Todd Duffee, 7 seconds (8/29/09 vs. Tim Hague), Chan Sung Jung, 7 seconds (12/10/11 vs. Mark Hominick); Ryan Jimmo, 7 seconds (7/21/12 vs. Anthony Perosh) as official overseeing authority times; UFC recognizes Duane Ludwig (1/16/06 vs. Jonathan Goulet) at 4 seconds as he record holder
    Fastest knockout, title match - Andrei Arlovski, 15 seconds (10/7/05 vs. Paul Buentello)
    Fastest submission - Oleg Taktarov, 9 seconds (7/14/95 vs. Anthony Macias) - Win is alleged by some as a form of a worked fight so actual records should be 14 seconds by Joe Charles (12/16/94 vs. Kevin Rosier) and Justin Martin (2/7/97 vs. Eric Martin) and Frank Shamrock (12/21/97 vs. Kevin Jackson)
    Fastest submission, title match - Frank Shamrock, timed at the time as 22 seconds with the same problems of a slow timekeeper as the Ludwig record. We had timed it at 14 seconds which should tie it for the record. The new UFC encyclopedia and UFC records have been changed and list it as 16 seconds.
    Fastest win - Same as fastest knockout
    Fastest win, title match - Arlovski is the official record holder
    Heaviest fighter - Emmanuel Yarborough, 618 pounds (Yarborough was never officially weighed as UFC didn’t do weigh-ins. in its early years, with the current 265 pound ceiling this record could not be broken)
    Largest crowd - 55,724 (4/30 Toronto, Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields)
    Largest gate - $12,075,000 (4/30 Toronto, Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields)
    Largest gloves - Shane Carwin 5XL
    Longest fight - Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie 36:06 (4/7/95) - Because of current rules in place, where matches are limited to 25 minutes, this is an unbreakable record
    Longest reach - Jon Jones, 84.5 inches
    Most performance bonuses - Anderson Silva, 12
    Most best fight bonuses - Chris Lytle and Donald Cerrone 6
    Most best knockout bonuses - Anderson Silva 7
    Most best submission bonuses - Joe Lauzon 6
    Most championship losses - Randy Couture, 6 (2002 - 2008)
    Most championship matches - Randy Couture, 15 (1997 - 2008)
    Most championship wins - Anderson Silva, 11 (2006 - present)
    Most consecutive title defenses - Anderson Silva, 10 (2006-present)
    Most consecutive wins - Anderson Silva, 15 (2006-present)
    Most fights - Tito Ortiz (1997-present), 27
    Most knockouts - Chuck Liddell (1998 - 2010), 10
    Most knockouts in championship fights - Anderson Silva 6
    Most PPV buys - 1,600,000 (7/11/09 Las Vegas, Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir)
    Most submissions - Royce Gracie (1993-1995), 11
    Most submissions in championship fights - Frank Shamrock, 4
    Most wins - Matt Hughes (1999 - 2010), 18
    Most wins in less than one minute - Don Frye, B.J. Penn, Frank Shamrock and Mike Swick 2 (one of Frye’s wins is alleged to have been worked)
    Most wins in title matches - Anderson Silva, 11 (2006-present)
    Most world championships - Randy Couture, 5 (1997 - 2008)
    Most different world champions faced, career - Stephan Bonnar, 5 (Lyoto Machida, Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Jon Jones, Mark Coleman)
    Oldest champion - Randy Couture, 45
    Ultimate Fighter winners to have become world champion - Forrest Griffin, Matt Serra, Rashad Evans
    Youngest champion - Jon Jones, 23

Copied from Wrestling Observer

2. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Cool to see former Bagger Joe Lauzon on that list.

3. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

Cool info, but I don't know how legit this is. Did the Wrestling Observer get this from the UFC or did they do their own research?

I ask this because I noticed a few things:

Fastest KO: If this is strictly UFC records, why not just mention the Ludwig fight? No need to mention the other fights.

Longest Reach: Jon Jones should be in a tie with Stefan Struve, both are at 84.5

Youngest champion: Vitor is the youngest champ, he won UFC 12 HW tourney as a 19 year old.

Most different world champions faced, career: This one makes no sense. With the exception of Coleman, when Bonnar fought them, they weren't champions yet and in the case of the Machida fight, the fight didn't even happen in the UFC. But even if the record is meant as opponents who were champions at one point in their careers, then Bonnar still wouldn't be close to first.

For example:

Ortiz fought 10 world champions: (Machida, Liddell, Couture, Vitor, Evans, Griffin, Mezger, K. Shamrock, F. Shamrock, Tanner)

Machida fought 8 world champions (Rampage, Jones, Rua, BJ Penn, Ortiz, Couture, Franklin, Evans)

Vitor Belfort fought 8 world champions (Ortiz, Liddell, Franklin, AS, Herring, Sakuraba, Couture, Jones)

BJ Penn fought 7 world champions (GSP, Hughes, Sherk, Edgar, Machida, Pulver, Serra).

I don't know how they ended up with Bonnar, but whoever did the research, should get fired.

4. UCJOE

Was Belfort a title or just a tourney win?
    Wiki has it a non-title tourney & I have heard Jones widely mentioned as youngest

FIRE YOURSELF (lol)

I don't know if it is a WO list or UFC but without doing too much research one of your claims seems wrong

5. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

He won the HW tourney, That's a technicality sure, but he was still the youngest to win a title. But even if you don't want to count it, it still doesn't explain the Bonnar record.

You don't need to do an extensive research, All you have to do is look at Jones recent wins. He has beaten Machida, Rua, Rampage, Vitor and Evans. That alone ties him with Bonnar.

And I'm willing to bet that if you look at Liddell's and Couture's record, they have more than 5 as well.

And on second thought, the list has to come from the Wrestling Observer, The UFC wouldn't have a PPV record as one of it stats when they don't release the PPV numbers.

6. UCJOE

Vitor was not a recognized UFC title holder
    He won a tourney not a belt
    It is more than a technacality but TRUTH

;)

7. UCJOE

oops Belfort was a champ in another division (my bad - I forgot)
    That one was weird but the youngest is undisputed Jones

8. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

Longest winning streak by KO
    Longest winning streak by Sub
    Longest winning streak by Unanimous dec

?

9. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

I'm going to take a guess.

1. Chuck Liddell
    2. Royce Gracie
    3 Jon Fitch

fulldevilsoccer likes this.
  10. fulldevilsoccer

fulldevilsoccer Registered User

Good calls. Longest sub streak is pretty obvious.