TV CW Flash / Arrow Spinoff Legends of Tomorrow returns Monday, Oct. 22, 2018

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Edge of Tomorrow Actor Joins Flash/Arrow Spinoff
Share.
And his character sounds a lot like Cyborg.
By Anthony CoutoEdge of Tomorrow actor Franz Drameh has been cast as a character named "Jay Jackson" in the upcoming Arrow/Flash spinoff.

As described in The CW's announcement, Jackson is "a former high school athlete, whose pro-career was derailed by injury. Now making ends meets as an auto mechanic, Jay will come to have a surprising affiliation to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew."

Franz Drameh

Jackson doesn't look on the surface to be an existing character from the comics, but the description bares a close resemblance to Vic Stone aka Cyborg. In Geoff Johns and Jim Lee's 2011 revamp of the Justice League, they gave Vic a very similar origin -- making the character a high school football prodigy that gets "injured", and later becomes infused with S.T.A.R. Labs' tech.

The Arrow/Flash spinoff -- rumoured to be titled Legends -- is set to focus on a team of heroes from the series' shared universe. So far, the cast also includes Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom, Victor Garber as Martin Stein, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave, Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, Ciara Renee as Hawkgirl, and Caity Lotz, who is speculated to be playing White Canary. The series is being eyed for a 13-episode midseason premiere next year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/24/edge-of-tomorrow-actor-joins-flasharrow-spinoff

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
i was hoping it was going to be called "The Brave And The Bold."

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
I've genuinely tried to get into CW shows, but I just can't. Whatever it is about their style on that channel, it just doesn't work for me.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Can a mod change the thread title?

CW Orders Flash / Arrow Spinoff Legends of Tomorrow

Network also orders Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Cordon.

By Eric GoldmanThere’s about to be a lot more DC Comics characters on TV. Just a day after CBS picked up Supergirl to series, the CW has officially ordered DC's Legends of Tomorrow, the new spinoff of Arrow and The Flash.

Deadline reports the news, and for the first time, we have a synopsis for the show – one that puts time traveler Rip Hunter at the center of the story.

When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?​

Legends of Tomorrow stars Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who) as Rip Hunter, alongside Victor Garber (The Flash, Alias) as Martin Stein; Brandon Routh (Arrow, Superman Returns) as Ray Palmer/The Atom, Ciarra Renee (Pippin) as Hawkgirl; Franz Drameh (Edge of Tomorrow) as Jay Jackson; Dominic Purcell (The Flash, Prison Break) as Mick Rory/Heat Wave and Wentworth Miller (The Flash, Prison Break) as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold. Also in the cast is Caity Lotz from Arrow, with the exact nature of her role still being kept a secret – though there are plenty of theories out there (along with a few spy pics of Lotz filming) regarding Sara Lance returning in one form or another and how that might occur.

The Legends of Tomorrow title had been rumored of late - though the "DC's" in the title is notable, as it's the first time we've seen the company use such branding, even as Marvel Studios does it with all their TV shows and films. It's possible an additional reason for the specific titling here is to make it clear this show isn't affiliated with TNT's Sean Bean series, Legends, which returns for its second season this summer.

Legends of Tomorrow comes from Arrow's executive producers/creators Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, along with The Flash alum Sarah Schechter, who is also collaborating with Berlanti on Supergirl.

In addition to Legends of Tomorrow, the CW also ordered new series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Cordon. Cordon, about a deadly epidemic, is the latest series from Julie Plec (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals) on the network. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has an interesting history, as it was actually developed for CW's corporate sibling, Showtime, initially, as a half hour comedy. The pilot will need some notable re-tooling both to edit out content that Showtime can include but CW can't and to increase the running time, as it will air as an hour-long series on CW.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Rebecca Bloom is a successful, driven, and possibly crazy young woman who impulsively gives up everything – her partnership at a prestigious law firm and her upscale apartment in Manhattan – in a desperate attempt to find love and happiness in that exotic hotbed of romance and adventure: West Covina, Calif. (it’s only two hours from the beach! Four in traffic). From CBS Studios, CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND stars Rachel Bloom (“Robot Chicken”), who also serves as executive producer along with Aline Brosh McKenna (“The Devil Wears Prada”); and Marc Webb (“500 Days of Summer,” “The Amazing Spider-Man” films).​

Cordon: When a mysterious and deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, a vast urban quarantine is quickly enforced, forcing those stuck on the inside to fight for their lives while local and federal officials desperately search for a cure. Trying to keep the peace on the streets is police officer Lex Carnahan, who has quickly risen through the ranks of the Atlanta PD. But Lex’s job becomes even harder when he learns that his longtime girlfriend, Jana, and his best friend and fellow officer Jake, are trapped within the cordoned area. Also quarantined in viral ground zero is 17 year-old Teresa, who is eight months pregnant and now separated from her boyfriend on the other side; Katie Frank, an elementary school teacher now placed on lockdown with her entire class, including her young son; and CDC researcher Dr. Victor Cannerts, the doctor who initially made the controversial call to quarantine the area and is now racing to find a cure for the virus. On the outside, Dr. Sabine Lommers is leading the government efforts to contain the outbreak, and has asked for Lex’s help in enforcing the cordon – which grows increasingly difficult as the public trust deteriorates. And the public has reason to be wary, as journalist Leo begins unraveling a conspiracy, finding that something doesn’t add up in the official story being told. Torn apart from their loved ones, the survivors trapped within the cordon are fighting against not only fatal infection, but also isolation, fear, and the disintegration of society around them. But as they begin to gain each other’s trust, hope remains, and on either side of the cordon unlikely heroes will rise. CORDON stars David Gyasi (“Interstellar”); Christina Moses (“Starship: Apocalypse,” “Starship: Rising”); Chris Wood (“The Vampire Diaries”); Kristen Gutoskie (“Beaver Falls”); Claudia Black (“The Originals,” “Farscape”); George Young (“Casualty”); Hanna Mangan Lawrence (“Spartacus: War of the Damned”);and Trevor St. John (“One Life to Live”). Based on the original Belgian series created by Carl Joos for Eyeworks, CORDON is produced by My So-Called Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Julie Plec (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals”) and David Nutter (The Flash,” “Arrow”).​

Next Thursday is the CW's Upfront presentation, when we'll find out when they intend to air Legends of Tomorrow on their schedule.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/07/cw-orders-flash-arrow-spinoff-legends-of-tomorrow

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
First Look at Flash / Arrow Spinoff, DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Share.
The Atom, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and the return of Sara Lance!
By Matt FowlerThe CW released the first official image of the team from their upcoming midseason series DC's Legends of Tomorrow - featuring notable alum from shared-universe shows Arrow and The Flash.

Here you'll see Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom, Victor Garber as Martin Stein, Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave, Ciara Renée as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl, Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, and Caity Lotz as somehow-returned-from-the-dead Sara Lance. Now in White Canary form.

The official synopsis for Legends of Tomorrow is as follows: “Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter (Darvill) is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat—one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/14/first-look-at-flash-arrow-spinoff-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
First Look at Flash / Arrow Spinoff, DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Share.
The Atom, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and the return of Sara Lance!
By Matt FowlerThe CW released the first official image of the team from their upcoming midseason series DC's Legends of Tomorrow - featuring notable alum from shared-universe shows Arrow and The Flash.

Here you'll see Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom, Victor Garber as Martin Stein, Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart/Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave, Ciara Renée as Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl, Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, and Caity Lotz as somehow-returned-from-the-dead Sara Lance. Now in White Canary form.

The official synopsis for Legends of Tomorrow is as follows: “Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter (Darvill) is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat—one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/14/first-look-at-flash-arrow-spinoff-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow
I didn't know Cannery went all Gandalf on us. This might be the only new show this season I watch. The CW has done a remarkably good job at building their interconnected universe. Now let's get Peyton List in as Golden Glider.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
I didn't know Cannery went all Gandalf on us. This might be the only new show this season I watch. The CW has done a remarkably good job at building their interconnected universe.
It really is strange to think that the CW has built up enough good will with me that I'm willing to give whatever new superhero show they're coming out with a shot, but that's what's happened.

Now let's get Peyton List in as Golden Glider.
Yes!

Dec 12, 2007
I still refuse to watch the CW shows, but I'm happy comics are being done on TV.

Its the closest thing to comic format.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I watched 15 mins of arrow, that was enough.
1. Arrow has lots of drama, but it is quite good.
2. The Flash is nothing like Arrow in tone. It's pretty solid super hero fare.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Actually, Arrow is pretty solid as well. You've got to look past the fact that anybody can slap a mask on their mug and become a super hero with the most cursory training, but the show is still very good.

Dec 12, 2007
1. Arrow has lots of drama, but it is quite good.
2. The Flash is nothing like Arrow in tone. It's pretty solid super hero fare.
I saw their deathstroke, I still prefer old man ron pearlman deathstroke.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Actually, Arrow is pretty solid as well. You've got to look past the fact that anybody can slap a mask on their mug and become a super hero with the most cursory training, but the show is still very good.
Oh, I agree. But I could see why people get turned off. But I REALLY like The Flash. It's great.

Dec 12, 2007
That is a very lame reason. Try watching from the beginning.
Also, it was the planning session on how to take slade down.

How these women and some random black guy think they can tell the super hero what to do infuriated me.

I sorta of remember the acting stunk too, but maybe that was just a culmination of me being annoyed at multiple things at once.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Also, it was the planning session on how to take slade down.

How these women and some random black guy think they can tell the super hero what to do infuriated me.

I sorta of remember the acting stunk too, but maybe that was just a culmination of me being annoyed at multiple things at once.
That and lost context from not seeing two seasons of interactions between the characters.

Dec 12, 2007
That and lost context from not seeing two seasons of interactions between the characters.
The black dude looked like he was a cop or something so I'll accept him being there, but those women? They know jack shit about fighting a master of the hong kong fooey.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
The black dude looked like he was a cop or something so I'll accept him being there, but those women? They know jack shit about fighting a master of the hong kong fooey.
Okay, I assume the women are Felicity, the computer genius. And Black Canary, who was trained by the League of Assassins.

The Black guy is Diggle, ex-military and Oliver's bodyguard before being brought into the fold...and the only one of the characters not from the comic books.

Dec 12, 2007
Okay, I assume the women are Felicity, the computer genius. And Black Canary, who was trained by the League of Assassins.

The Black guy is Diggle, ex-military and Oliver's bodyguard before being brought into the fold...and the only one of the characters not from the comic books.
I don't like any of them, I like this guy though.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
From the link above:

Can't wait.