Cyberpunk 2077 - FINALLY getting info

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Well, this is interesting.

Apparently CDPR say the game is current-gen. Which means it has to be out in the next year and a half, two years at the latest.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Well, this is interesting.

Apparently CDPR say the game is current-gen. Which means it has to be out in the next year and a half, two years at the latest.
When did you think it was coming out? They already have a playable demo that they showed the press.

BIV

When did you think it was coming out? They already have a playable demo that they showed the press.
They were demoing it on a suped up PC. You don't, generally, demo on PC unless it won't work on current hardware. No one gives a fuck about PC performance.

So the industry assumption has been that it'll be released on PS5/Scarlett. That would mean late 2021 (for PS5).

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
You don't, generally, demo on PC unless it won't work on current hardware. No one gives a fuck about PC performance.
I hope it can only be run on PC for the first year.

BIV

Good Lord. No one cares about PC performance because PC performance is variable, most PCs in homes are behind whatever the current gen consoles are and PC represents a tiny fraction of Triple A game sales.

So if you want to give an accurate demonstration of your product for industry types, which is what E3 is for, you demo on console.

BIV

Unless you own a gaming PC, which is what people play PC games on.
Which is, as I said, a tiny fraction of triple a game sales. For the price of a PC with One X specs, you can get a One X and a nice 4K TV.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Which is, as I said, a tiny fraction of triple a game sales. For the price of a PC with One X specs, you can get a One X and a nice 4K TV.
I didn't say that console isn't a bigger market. I cut that out of what you said because it would be silly to argue that.

I don't know Xbox specs but its not a great time to build a brand spanken new PC from scratch. Certain parts like SSDs are getting amazing prices right now though.

I think most people could afford a gaming PC if they game but the fact you have to build it scares them away.

BIV

I didn't say that console isn't a bigger market. I cut that out of what you said because it would be silly to argue that.

I don't know Xbox specs but its not a great time to build a brand spanken new PC from scratch. Certain parts like SSDs are getting amazing prices right now though.

I think most people could afford a gaming PC if they game but the fact you have to build it scares them away.
PC gamer, I think, did a story when the X came out. It was an $850 investment to get a comparible PC. I believe that dropped to about 775 since.

EDIT: Holy autocorrect

BIV

Anyway that's why everyone assumed next gen. The fact that it's cross gen means we get our grubby hands on it sooner. Not that cross gen matters anymore. The consoles should all be BC at launch from now on.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
You can get a 5 year old CPU, mid range GPU and the rest for less than $900.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Most builders also sell old parts with each build. I made 290 bucks selling my old stuff on my new build, which offsets the price of upgrading considerably.

BIV

You trying to prove my point? For the same price you can get a One X, which would be significantly more powerful than you just described, and still have enough for a $450 4k tv....and have none of the constant headache that comes with PC gaming.

BIV

They were demoing it on a suped up PC. You don't, generally, demo on PC unless it won't work on current hardware. No one gives a fuck about PC performance.

So the industry assumption has been that it'll be released on PS5/Scarlett. That would mean late 2021 (for PS5).
I don't know why you guys downvote this. Do facts offend you? There was nothing even dispariging in there.

JonBenetRamsey

well shit the bed
You trying to prove my point? For the same price you can get a One X, which would be significantly more powerful than you just described, and still have enough for a $450 4k tv....and have none of the constant headache that comes with PC gaming.
Good god, you're stupid.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Has anyone pointed out what a shitty name this is?

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

Here's what the playable demo was running on at E3.

Pretty beefy setup but I'm guessing this is for maxed settings.