Cyberpunk 2077 - FINALLY getting info

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
September next year at the absolute earlliest. Probably 2020.
they said last week that the game is playable from start to finish and that they are now just working on glitches and assets...so next year is actually pretty realistic

BIV

Did that voice-over guy just say they're trying to stick to lore so that it appears believable?

I think they just said "fuck you, Bethesda".

Not sure what one thing has to do with the other, but okay....

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Fallout 4 was very heavily criticized for breaking the games lore. Their response was "its just a game" and it didn't go over well with fans.
And the criticism was spot on, too. Fuck Bethesda, give that shit back to the old Black Isle folks.

The gameplay preview for 2077 looks awesome. There's obviously some polishing left to do, but I am definitely looking forward to this. CDPR isn't going to release it until it's ready.

BIV

Fallout 4 was very heavily criticized for breaking the games lore. Their response was "its just a game" and it didn't go over well with fans.
I'm sure all three people who actually knew fallout had lore are very upset.

Sorry, nerds. FO3 was a soft reboot. No one cares about pre-FO3.

Fuck Bethesda, give that shit back to the old Black Isle folks.
Nooooo, no no no. Chris Avellone is gone and the first game they made since he left is a feminist trash heap. Beth can keep it now. All hope is lost.

I'm sure all three people who actually knew fallout had lore are very upset.

Sorry, nerds. FO3 was a soft reboot. No one cares about pre-FO3.
You had zero problems with a boy living inside a refrigerator for 200 years? Even feral ghouls gotta eat something.

BIV

Nooooo, no no no. Chris Avellone is gone and the first game they made since he left is a feminist trash heap. Beth can keep it now. All hope is lost.

You had zero problems with a boy living inside a refrigerator for 200 years? Even feral ghouls gotta eat something.
I never thought about it that hard.

Do they? I thought they feed on radiation?

BIV

What kid in a fridge?

Hate & Discontent

I was referring to the actual people that made F1/2/NV, not whatever trashheap studio is trying to claim it now.

BIV

You know, the one that never grew up into an adult after 200 years, and you can sell him into slavery or return him to his parents.

Don't think I ever hit that mission. I never even finished the campaign. Was it part of that?

As far as I'm concerned they should get rid of the main plotlines altogether, just a framework to hang a game on. The side plots are always much better. Just do a true sandbox that is all side missions and mini plots instead of trying to weave a whole story.

Restricting a sandbox game, who's main mechanic is exploring and collecting, to an overall plot is old fashioned thinking and holds it back more than it helps.

I have Witcher (and now Cyberpunk) in a totally separate box than Bethesda games for just that reason.

Bethesda games are about the sandbox and the ability to interact with anything. It's something no one else does and no one else has even tried. (It's also why there are so many bugs)

CD Project Red is about an open world in service to the plot. Witcher's combat sucks huge donkey balls....but it didn't matter, you cared about the story.

They do very different things. i hope they never try to become more like each other, we need both in this world.

Hate & Discontent

Obsidian is the studio I'm talking about. Who else would it be?
II was under the impressions that pretty much everyone involved with F1/2 had left except Feargus, but checking online it appears to not be the case.

What game was the feminist bullshit?

Don't think I ever hit that mission. I never even finished the campaign. Was it part of that?

As far as I'm concerned they should get rid of the main plotlines altogether, just a framework to hang a game on. The side plots are always much better. Just do a true sandbox that is all side missions and mini plots instead of trying to weave a whole story.

Restricting a sandbox game, who's main mechanic is exploring and collecting, to an overall plot is old fashioned thinking and holds it back more than it helps.

I have Witcher (and now Cyberpunk) in a totally separate box than Bethesda games for just that reason.

Bethesda games are about the sandbox and the ability to interact with anything. It's something no one else does and no one else has even tried. (It's also why there are so many bugs)

CD Project Red is about an open world in service to the plot. Witcher's combat sucks huge donkey balls....but it didn't matter, you cared about the story.

They do very different things. i hope they never try to become more like each other, we need both in this world.
I don't want Bethesda to be the CDProjekt. I just want them to hire better writers.

They make a mountain of cash. They can afford it.

II was under the impressions that pretty much everyone involved with F1/2 had left except Feargus, but checking online it appears to not be the case.

What game was the feminist bullshit?
Pillars 2. Almost every major character or quest giver in the game is a woman. The woman who wrote the game is a feminist who is married to a street shitter.

Hate & Discontent

I don't want Bethesda to be the CDProjekt. I just want them to hire better writers.

They make a mountain of cash. They can afford it.
Bethesda is dead to me, at least when it comes to Fallout. I'm at the point where the only devs I have any remaining faith in are Hideo, CDPR, and Rockstar - and Rockstar is starting to act like they're going to fall off that list shortly. I think they've fallen for all of the micro-transaction bullshit.

BIV

Bethesda is dead to me, at least when it comes to Fallout. I'm at the point where the only devs I have any remaining faith in are Hideo, CDPR, and Rockstar - and Rockstar is starting to act like they're going to fall off that list shortly. I think they've fallen for all of the micro-transaction bullshit.
Not sure what you want. It's a goofy post-apocalypse game.

Yeah, it's not 5 star writing. But you try making a compelling plotline in a comedy series. That's why the side plots are always 100% better.

BIV

RDR2 will tell us a lot. As long as the single player is still great, they can MT the mp garbage as much as they like

Hate & Discontent

Yeah, it's not 5 star writing. But you try making a compelling plotline in a comedy series. That's why the side plots are always 100% better.
For me it was the fact that they threw out and/or corrupted so much of the existing Fallout lore. 4 just played like a cheap Fallout knock-off to me. If it didn't have the Fallout name attached, it would be different, but they took a massive shit all over one of my favorite franchises.

RDR2 will tell us a lot. As long as the single player is still great, they can MT the mp garbage as much as they like
I pop in and out of MP on GTAV, but I refuse to play in normal public lobbies. Thankfully, there's ways to fix that on the PC. I'll be waiting for reviews on RDR2 before I run out and get a PS4 to play it.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I still need to watch the 48 minute video. I was going to after work but I'm metally and physically exhausted. People whove seen it have said it reminds them of DeusEx which is a really good thing if true.

Bobobie

SJWs are still pissed at THE WITCHER 3's 'lack of representation' and how CDPR told them to go suck eggs.
Polish Game Studio. It's almost as if they threw off the yoke of communism and they see this shit for what it is.

Bobobie

For me it was the fact that they threw out and/or corrupted so much of the existing Fallout lore. 4 just played like a cheap Fallout knock-off to me. If it didn't have the Fallout name attached, it would be different, but they took a massive shit all over one of my favorite franchises.

I pop in and out of MP on GTAV, but I refuse to play in normal public lobbies. Thankfully, there's ways to fix that on the PC. I'll be waiting for reviews on RDR2 before I run out and get a PS4 to play it.
I wish they would let a game studio make an actual Fallout RPG in the style of the original Fallout games. It's now just a first person shooter.

I still need to watch the 48 minute video. I was going to after work but I'm metally and physically exhausted. People whove seen it have said it reminds them of DeusEx which is a really good thing if true.
That's exactly what I said when I heard it was FPS. Deus Ex is a great game and its a shame they had to shelf it for now.

The side quests weren't good though.

They can afford the writers. They built an entire new studio for a MMO version of their game, they can handle 5 or 6 new writers to make things better. All I want is for them to at least TRY and write better.