Dallas Lineup

Big Rick

New Wackbag
Jun 22, 2001
Dallas
Despite rumors of Don & Mike coming to middays in Dallas,,Our PD has flatly stated in print that "there have been absolutlely no discussions of bringing D&M to Dallas"

The current midday guys Ron&Don are negotiating a contract renewel,,so who knows..if their spring book is as good as we anticipate..(they inherited Ed Tyll's spot and have come from #37 in Dallas middays to #2) a contract seems likely.

We would gladly shitcan Leykis to bump O&A up to evenings,,,but A.M. and P.M. drive are untouchable..both shows numbers are completely kicking ass.

J

joey8ball

Big Rick I don't know if untouchable is accurate.Over here in Joisey and NY Metro area we don't listen to Ron and Don or Slappy and Whappy or who ever else.The O&A show is best when listeners can participate by instant feedback or phone.with the ratings that the boyz are getting and will continue to get I suggest to all PM drive time DJ's at Infinity stations to start looking in the classifieds.

Greaseman

Jun 20, 2001
Shan-gra-la
Originally posted by Big Rick:
<STRONG>they inherited Ed Tyll's spot and have come from #37 in Dallas middays to #2) a contract seems likely.</STRONG>

You could have put on a test pattern and that would have increased Ed Tyll's numbers.
Did you read that he was just dropped from Detriot (his flagship station) for Dallas's old buddies Kramer & Twitch.

Greaseman

Jun 20, 2001
Shan-gra-la
Originally posted by Big Rick:
<STRONG>....The current midday guys Ron&Don are negotiating a contract renewel,,so who knows..if their spring book is as good as we anticipate......(they inherited Ed Tyll's spot and have come from #37 in Dallas middays to #2) a contract seems likely.

....but A.M. and P.M. drive are untouchable..both shows numbers are completely kicking ass.</STRONG>
Big Rick,
Just a couple of clarification questions.... You stated above that your AM & PM shows are kicking ass and that your midday show is in 2nd, right???

So how are your radio station as a whole (12+) rated 17th??? Now I give it that you are trending upward, but still you are 17th??

If three of your four shows that are used in the 0600-0000 rating window are "kicking ass", how are you that low in the overall ratings???

Just wondering. The link above is from RROnline.

imoverherenow

Aug 15, 2000
Jersey City, NJ
Greaseman, that is pretty funny you brought up some good points. Hey Greaseman did u hear anything new on the Ron and Fez situation at WNEW?

Big Rick

New Wackbag
Jun 22, 2001
Dallas
Calm down,,I'm not anti- O&A,,so I don't need the rap..I agree that they need a live slot to be successful..but don't see that happening right away in Dallas....

The ratings that I spoke of are in prime demos for "hot talk"..the station composite versus the rest of the market is of no concern to me.

Remember were talking about Dallas...
Conservatives; Sports Freaks; Country Music; Bible Belt.. so a fledgling "talk" format will have to prove itself in a very tough market.

Buy hey,, what the hell do I know,,,I only listen for 12 hours a day.!! ;)

Greaseman

Jun 20, 2001
Shan-gra-la
the demos that you talk about??? what M25-54??? Well lets see some numbers........ Prove us wrong..... There are plenty of "extreem" talk stations that are near the top of the beauty pagent 12+.... You guys are on an uptick which is good......... but still not near the top

imoverherenow

Aug 15, 2000
Jersey City, NJ
Heh heh, Big Rick i dont think anyone is saying your Anti O&A. Its understandable Dallas is a very different audience. Anyway keep listening to O&A and enjoy cause it only gets better.

I also think that anything is better than Don and Mike cause that show sucks monkey ass. Pray to god that they dont move them to noons and they get moved right into the coffin!!!

Big Rick

New Wackbag
Jun 22, 2001
Dallas
Greaseman, would WNEW be one of those stations near the top?,,,
with a 1.5 ...WJFK...in DC is #10 in it's market with a 4.0....so I guess what I'm saying is I'll take a 2.6 for now. :cool:

Greaseman

Jun 20, 2001
Shan-gra-la
WNEW sucks ratings wise as a whole station......... simple as that.... I was refering more toward Washington DC's WJFK. As a whole in the 12+ (not the target demo) they are in the top 6 (not 10).

Also KLSX/LA has two of the same shows as your station and doing alot better in the numbers then you.

WCKG/Chicago is another sucessful talk station that has a large audience.

Well There are three that set an example.

Big Rick

New Wackbag
Jun 22, 2001
Dallas
Greaseman,
I'm not sure if were looking at the same source..you said R&R online..right?

WJFK D.C. #10..4.0
KLSX L.A. #17..2.5
KYNG DFW #18..2.6
WCKG CHI #20..2.0
WNEW N.Y. #23..1.5

All figures from phase 2 arbitrends,,(which by the way are a little misleading) true spring numbers out next month.

I'll return to my original statement..A.M & P.M. slots are untouchable...I don't have access to demo breakdowns..just going by what is read on the air.

Sterns numbers are rapidly climbing here. and will continue to do so as more people find out he's back in BIG D.
Russ Martin is a local hometown hero and his numbers are well...just stupid.!

Just the facts man..just the facts.
:cool:

Greaseman

Jun 20, 2001
Shan-gra-la
Right Rick,

I was trying to get on line to RRonline.com but was being locked out......... I knew that LA and DC were "better" than Dallas, and I guessed at Chicago, but didn't have the numbers to back it up.

Anywho, Why is WJFK so successful as compared to the other stations on that list??? Is JFK looked at as the blueprint for success for all of the other extreem talk stations. One would think so as the Program Director and GM of JFK were "promoted" to WNEW to fix are broke-dick station.

DIRTY_HARRY

Nov 1, 2000
Joysey
I am a little mixed up. I thought tyhe Dallas lineup was JR, Bobby, and........
Boys boys boys O n A are in NYC Ron and Don are in Dallas. Like Don and Mike they are talking high ratings numbers but if you only have thirty people listening then I guess you would get a high number when fifty people listen to radio their. When Our boys kick in youl know it. As for Ping and Pong we shall need them to go elsewhere Opie and Anthony are unbeatable anywhere they go including the markets where Crybaby Howie is. Remember one thing O n A always win in the end.Have a great day yaall
Yippy Tie One on :D

Greaseman

Jun 20, 2001
Shan-gra-la
Well, Can I be Uncle Mel, for there would be two things going for me...... First I would be on my honeymoon right now (Hobile-de-geeee), and second I wouldn't be Steve Kinston!!!!