Damn, nine years ago today

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
The worst part was waiting a week for the show to come
back and then hearing Street Fighting Man by Rage played
in it's entirety on WYSP at 3pm as an homage to the show.

The beginning of 2 years of silence.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
God damn... I remember where I was when listening to it too. Getting old just sucks.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast

I remember that as well.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
And in NY for a while they actually attempted to fill the slot with Tom Leykis (ugh). For a few months afterwards we still had Ron & Fez until they went to D.C., but it was never really the same after that

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
I remember exactly where I was
wow. so do i, i was on my way to the urologists to find out why i was growing a third testicle

yep. also the week i found out that my dad had terminal cancer. he died in january 2005 and never got to enjoy the show.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
wow. so do i, i was on my way to the urologists to find out why i was growing a third testicle

yep. also the week i found out that my dad had terminal cancer. he died in january 2005 and never got to enjoy the show.
Well, sorry to hear about your dad, regardless of how long ago it was, but third testicle? Was that a joke? If not, sorry to sound insensitive,but I've never heard of that before.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I remember everything in that minute after coming home from work to hear the horrible news.

A very nice day it was beforehand.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I remember hearing ABOUT the incident (I was in Indiana at the time). I never heard the show until 2004 on the internet.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
And in NY for a while they actually attempted to fill the slot with Tom Leykis (ugh). For a few months afterwards we still had Ron & Fez until they went to D.C., but it was never really the same after that
Yep. I listened to Leykis and RF until they both left. Dark times indeed.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Nov 8, 2002
East Islip, NY
I remember it well and was sooooo pissed because I remember the show well and there was nothing ever aired that warranted a firing. They went back to the spotter when it was pretty much over (if it even ever happened) so nothing offensive ever went out over the air.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
Well, sorry to hear about your dad, regardless of how long ago it was, but third testicle? Was that a joke? If not, sorry to sound insensitive,but I've never heard of that before.
yea the old man loved radio and i didn't get my MYFi till xmass 2004. as for the third testicle.... it turned out to be a cyst that i did have to get rid of but it was nothing too serious other than me sitting on it from time to time

Begbie

Wackbag Generalissimo
Jul 21, 2003
Wilmington, NC
Pretty crazy time. I don't remember where I was when I was listening to the show. But I do remember when I found out that they were gone and listening to Ron and Fez that night. I visited wackbag, but never became a member until a little while later. I actually think I posted on that saveo&a message board for awhile.

But those days were really nasty for me. I, like many others around here, kinda used O&A as a crutch to get through 911 and some personal stuff, and when they were gone...you just had that empty feeling. I remember taking trips into NYC regularly, and I would usually be listening to them. But after Lickass took over and just riding in on the train looking at the skyline...it just made me sick. It was just depressing. And I only went to the city a few times after that.

Then there was this...

Another depressing turn...

hektical

Sep 23, 2004
I remember listening to it when I was 17. Fuck i'm getting old.