OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Damn you Obama and your wide open border policy!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MayrMeninoCrash, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

.......no one is around to pick our vegetables!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48725145

2. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

I don't eat lemons, peppers, carrots, or turnips so I care not. :rolleyes:

3. Ballbuster1

Ballbuster1 In The Danger Zone...
    Wackbag Staff

Blame the shit heads that demanded illegals get treated better.
    Nobody really cared when they just worked and stayed quiet.

The problem started when they wanted to be treated as citizens
    even though they got here illegally. Can't have it both ways.

4. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Oh yeah, it's election year again. Time to talk about spics again. Let's just make excuses about alabama or just not talk about it. Hmm, what else.

5. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Meanwhile unemployment is around 16%. I'm sure the lack of US citizens available to pick fruit has nothing to do with the 99 weeks of unemployment compensation they're "entitled" to.

6. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Exactly. Stop giving out the hand outs and you'll find people knocking on your doors.

Oh, and how about you pay more than minimum wage, you asshat farmers. It's hard labor, not some asshole on a line in a auto plant. Pay them.

7. MayrMeninoCrash

Let's play "How do I know you didn't read the article"

This article is discussing California, not Alabama

$12-18/hr seems quite a bit more than minimum wage. Farmers are having problems filling jobs at all pay levels.

8. Jon the Cop

Jon the Cop Registered User

I wonder if they are having trouble finding pickers because these newer immigrants/illegals are going into more restaurant/factory/construction jobs elsewhere?

I know there's been some anger around the Midwest at factories over them bringing in lots of illegals through temp agencies rather than hiring guys in on regular pay/benefits. Of course the unions are upset because they're not getting all those dues. Then the labor unions are regularly protesting construction sites because companies are employing Mexicans etc.

9. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

10. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

That's my point. Where's the anti-spics crying 'i told you so' over alabama now? I love hearing the excuses.

11. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

No, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna blame the thugs who took it upon themselves to decide who deserves to enter the US and who doesn't.

This is just another example of what happens when a part of the free market is taken over by central planners.

12. tysonpunchinguterus

tysonpunchinguterus "Allegedly"

1. I find it difficult to believe that there is a sudden shortage of illegal immigrants--especially in California

2. If these farmers really want local citizens to work there, they should advertise that they are hiring. Note that the writer of the article didn't ask the farmer if he had advertised that he's hiring (or didn't include it in the article because the farmer didn't advertise that and it doesn't fit the "American citizens refuse to do those jobs, so we need illegal immigrants" agenda--which, if true, would also be an argument against the current welfare system since you can't argue that unemployed people who refuse to find work deserve assistance).

3. This article seems like it's trying to portray the unemployment situation in our country as better than it really is. If this farmer can't find any unemployed U.S. citizens to take a job driving a truck for $18/hour then it must mean that there's a labor shortage. I guess the economy will be all better by the end of the week, then. That's fantastic news! If you don't think that illegal immigrants taking those types of jobs is a problem, consider this: California is in horrible shape financially. That state is bankrupt and many cities in it are bankrupt. Illegal immigrants don't pay income tax, which is how the state makes money. $18/hour works out to be over $37k per year. Even if that person receives a tax refund at the end of the year it won't be a 100% refund, so the state will make money from that person (and also have the added benefit of not having to pay out whatever welfare benefits that person was collecting, if any). So how much money would the state stand to make and save if our immigration laws were enforced more strictly? For a state in such bad financial shape, it would help a lot.

13. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

I got you guys covered...I see about a dozen more of them waiting out front of my local Home Depot whenever I drive past it in the morning. I'd be glad to send them your way.

14. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

The verb you should use is not make or save, it's take. Take from farmers, to be specific. And it wouldn't just be the state who took, it would also be the feds (who take almost the amount an employee makes, in payroll taxes).

So the answer depends on whether the federal government would step in and subsidize the failing farmers. If it didn't, then none, because the farmers who rely on illegal immigration would just go bankrupt, and their business would move to Mexico, where the cheap labor is.

See, what you, from your arm-chair perspective on how to properly run a farm in California don't realize is that farming is a manual labor intensive industry, and that native labor would be about 5 times more expensive than Mexican labor (not because the native workers would be getting paid 5 times more, but because the three layers of government would be getting paid more than the workers). That wouldn't work. A business only works if it has more revenue than expenditure.

It's funny how you go over every detail of how to run a business, in your post, but you never even mention the words revenue, expenditure, or profit. That's the typical attitude of thugs who use politics for their thuggery: you think it's your job to tell business owners how to run their business, but it's their concern whether it's profitable or not.

15. tysonpunchinguterus

Wow. Where should I start?

I guess I'll start with the fact that you think I'm too stupid to know that framing is manual labor. It's a good thing you pointed that out. I always thought that people were referring to a Mexican named Manuel La Bor. Now I know, so thank you.

Next, I'm not a thug. If you have a problem with paying taxes, why don't you run for office and come up with a way to run things for free? I'm sure you'll find a way to maintain highways, pay our soldiers, run the FBI, control air traffic across the country, etc. without collecting any money. How much money do you think that farmer wasted by not having those crops picked? I would think that not selling something you already paid to grow is worse than selling it and not making as much of a profit on it as you want. When I was getting my BA in Business I seem to remember someone once telling me that a small profit is better than no profit, but maybe I just went to a crappy school or didn't pay attention. But thank you for explaining how businesses make a profit. If I'd known you 10 years ago I could have saved a small fortune and might not have become such a thug.

16. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

I used to be the dean at the harvard community college of business. Big whoop.

17. MayrMeninoCrash

This has nothing to do with Alabama. The labor shortage there was artificial, caused by new laws holding farmers accountable for the eligibility of their employees. Here it's pure free market, the farmers aren't asking any questions and still can't gather enough warm bodies from the migrant populations to get their work done.

18. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Well North Korea abolished taxes... (from Wiki) North Korea claims that it is the only state in the world that does not levy taxes. Taxes were abolished beginning on April 1, 1974.

That seems to be working out well...

Or could do:

[/SUP]

19. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

My argument was directed at the spic haters, not your dumb ass.

20. LineBackerU

LineBackerU aMURICA, Fuck Yeah!
    Donator

Simple answer that will appease liberals and conservatives. For the liberals, since it is racist, homophobic, xenophobic, and imperialistic for the United States of America to enforce its federal immigration laws (remember it is perfectly PC for OTHER countries to decided who should and shouldn't be allowed to enter their countries), open boarders so all the "brown" people that want to enter the country can come in. For the conservatives, make an illegal alien earning cap. Illegal aliens can only make a maximum of 30 cents per hour and must work a minimum of 95 hours per week.

21. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I love that you got offended because I dismissed your questioning of actual, informed business owners' decisions. I apologize, you're right. You know better than they do, and no one should challenge you on that, because you have a BA in Business and they don't.

Those farmers know a lot more about whether leaving their crops to rot in the fields is the best option or not. You don't. You and your BA are talking out of your ass. They did the math, you didn't. You're an arrogant thug, who thinks his superficial knowledge of other people's business entitles him to a say on how that business is run.

Yes, leaving some of the crops to rot, and only picking the ones they can find cheap labor for, will lead to a better bottom line than hiring labor at five times the cost to pick them all. Any idiot with basic math skills could tell you that. It is called cutting your losses. Happens all the time.
    If a conversation includes the statement "a small profit is better than no profit", at least one of the parties has to be retarded. There is no way a mentally sound person says that to another mentally sound person, ever.

22. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Who here is a "spic" hater?

23. tysonpunchinguterus

I don't know why you have such a bug up your ass about anyone who thinks we shouldn't just allow anyone to cross our borders with no rules, but you seem to have that attitude whenever the subject comes up here. You instantly resort to name-calling instead of giving any reasons for your opinion, which makes it seem like you have no valid reason for your opinion or you have a bias on the issue that you don't want to disclose. Sorry, I can't justify letting employers to knowingly hire illegal immigrants because they can make a bigger profit that way. You have no evidence that a farmer hiring a legal worker won't make a profit--you just state as if it's a known fact and then insult anyone who dares to disagree. The only reason I even mentioned my degree is because you implied that I'm too stupid to understand the concept of income vs. expenses.

Those farmers didn't hire more people to pick those crops because they didn't want to py documented workers or U.S. citizens to do the job for them. To then turn around and complain about the inability to find workers due to their own refusal to hire legal workers is garbage. It seems like the author of that article wants me to feel sorry for them, but I don't at all.

24. Begbie

Begbie Wackbag Generalissimo

<peeks in thread, sees posts from Norm about illegal immigration, quietly exits thread> :icon_cool

25. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

I still think Norm is a contractor or has some other form of business that hires illegals. Just sayin.