Dana: Fedor will never fight in the UFC.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
On Fedor Emelianenko Fighting In The UFC
Fedor will never fight in the UFC. He’s past his prime. You’ve heard this story before, and you know it’s true, Vadim you sneaky bastard. We flew out to this fucking island in the middle of nowhere and gave them the best fucking deal in the history of mankind. And, Vadim, I bet you wish you could jump into a fuckin’ time machine and go back and take that deal now, don’t ya. Dummy.

[video=youtube;AZaVkmYnpuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaVkmYnpuM[/video]

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
13:55 for the Fedor part of the vid.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Yeah. Word from the "other" side is that Fedor is making more money doing the non-US tour, but that's strictly fight purse money. I don't doubt Fedor has international marketing deals, but he's a ghost in the US market. Don't get me wrong: there's plenty of money out there for people like Fedor and Vadim, but they've left a lot of money and legacy on the table by not doing this the UFC's way. Anybody who was supporting Fedor through that old argument is looking really dumb and has been looking dumb for a while now.

Vadim has his own FB page. I guess it's really him, but if it is he's only got about 85 "likes". I kind of want to go on there and say shitty things about his management, but pissing off a Red Fella doesn't strike me as the best long term planning.

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
Fedor is still top 5 or top 10 in the world. Of course I want to see Fedor vs Velasquez and Fedor vs Barnett.

LineBackerU

There is a good chance I am blocking you.
Donator
Oct 14, 2002
Fedor is still top 5 or top 10 in the world. Of course I want to see Fedor vs Velasquez and Fedor vs Barnett.
So to be "Top 5 or Top 10 in the World" you have to go 2-3 in your last five fights? And in one of the two wins you have to go to a decision against a hand picked tomato can?

fulldevilsoccer

Jul 2, 2009
No you have to look at the big picture. Like I said I wouldn't give him a title shot but it would be exciting to see him fight the other top guys.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I'd be mildly interested in seeing Fedor take on some mid-level UFC HW, but I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. He's done and everyone knows it. Shoulda taken the opportunity when it was offered.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
It just got a bit a more interesting...

Fedor Emelianenko's Manager Says 'We Are Ready To Have Fedor Fighting In The UFC'

UFC President Dana White recently said that he has zero interest in signing Fedor...

You need to know Dana. If he says he has no interest in signing Fedor, then in fact, he really wants to. He says one thing, and doing another. How can you not want a fighter who can bring millions? Any fight with Fedor could break all the rating records in the UFC.

Maybe you should make the first step?

We are open for dialogue. It's just that Dana White thinks that we will come to him, kneel down and say: "We are ready for any conditions to sign a contract." Of course, this will never happen. Fedor deserves nothing but respect. But like I said, there's still a high demand for Fedor. We are ready to have Fedor fighting in the UFC, it's just that we need a normal offer. And the fact that White is always saying that he offered us everything "on a silver platter" is a lie.
I don't know about the demand, but Fedor is still popular and him joining the UFC would sell a lot of PPV's.

Oct 16, 2002
N.J.
Bwhahahahaha. Top 5 no way.

No you have to look at the big picture. Like I said I wouldn't give him a title shot but it would be exciting to see him fight the other top guys.
He's done but yes, it would be fun to see him vs some top guys.

Unfortunately M1 has other cans, uh I mean plans for him.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I don't know about the demand, but Fedor is still popular and him joining the UFC would sell a lot of PPV's.
Fedor has never drawn an even mediocre PPV buy & while it would be interesting to see him fight a Roy Nelson or someone, he wants way too much money to be a non main event position
It makes no fiscal sense for Dana to sign him