OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Dana goes off on Bob Arum - calls him a big fat lying pig

Discussion in 'UFC/MMA' started by UCJOE, Oct 2, 2011.

1. UCJOE

UCJOE I have a lot of business with the Chinese

2. JMCC

JMCC Registered User

That's what I like about Dana, I may not always agree with what he says or does, but how can you not respect his honesty.

You have Arum and all these other idiots who always like to bring up fighters pay, yet they have 0 idea of what they're talking about.

3. UCJOE

I don't understand the full reasoning for it, but the "reported" salary is not the full salary the UFC fighters get. That has been talked about by Dana & fighters for years
    When Couture filed his lawsuit it was proven he was making millions while the reports said a few hundred grand
    The fact that hardly any fighters bitch about pay has to prove something in UFC's favor
    Funny that a fighter (Diaz) that bitched about pay (although SF) was set for millions & then fucked it up

4. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

The top, top, top guys in boxing make a lot more than the top MMA fighters, but the guys on the undercard for a Pac-Mayweather fight are lucky not to be on food stamps.

Meanwhile, the Facebook prelim guys in the UFC are able to provide for their families reasonably well, as long as they can stay on contract (which is the reality for any prize fighter).

And to top it all off, the UFC is building a real property with real value, while Erum and his fellow crooks are just feeding off of boxing's corpse.

What do we love in boxing? The wild, crazy, chance-taking fighter who leaves it all out there. That's why Rocky is such a popular movie character: he's a boxer who doesn't practice the "sweet science". "Sweet science" should translate as "defense with some jabbing now and then". MMA is great because it's eggshells with hammers: you CAN'T be on D the entire time. There are too many ways to beat you if you do.

That's exaggerrated, of course. It's a sign of how good GSP is that he's able to fight "safe" and win so much. But as a general rule, evenly matched fighters can't play defense in MMA unless both are just playing it super safe.

Sent from my fucking phone, so I'm going to misspell shit.

5. UCJOE

Only the very top & they deserve it
    They are 100% the draw & draw better than Brock, GSP, etc & as big as Brock is, if he fought outside UFC he wouldnt do 20% of the biz he does with UFC

Agree

6. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Love Dana and his brutal honesty.

I also think it's great the UFC provides their guys with insurance to take care of the fighters should they get injured.

That alone must cost a shit ton of monee.

7. UCJOE

Yep & that is a big difference
    Arum & others are individual promoters & Dana & UFC are a full league
    Two completely different entities

8. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

I gave up on boxing a long time ago. A whole lot of hype for only using hands and the clench hug dance.

9. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan She A Great Big Fat Person?

"Not to harp on Bob"

"No, I want to harp on Bob. Bob Arum's a phony... He's one of the lying, two-faced pigs, who is responsible for destroying boxing."

LOL

I must be one of the only guys who never liked boxing. Just could never get into it. And I grew up in the era of Tyson destroying guys.

10. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

I was never super into boxing, but I always liked and appreciated the sport. If I were into sports when there was actually some kind of unified title/promotion, I probably would have been huge into it.

But boxing hasn't had that in a while, thanks to guys like Erum...

Sent from my fucking phone, so I'm going to misspell shit.

11. Awful Me

Awful Me I do it.

I like Tyson and that was it. The rest of boxing my whole life was garbage.

12. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

X2. Even besides all his shenanigans, Tyson was very entertaining in the ring going for a knockout straight out the gate, with 44 of his 50 wins ending in ko/tkos (15 knockouts). Even 5 of his 6 loses towards the end were ko/tkos and the other one was when he ripped off a piece of ear with his teeth, a disqualifying gesture. I doubt there'll ever be another boxer as fucked up and entertaining as Tyson.