Daniel Johnston

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Ever since Ronnie was talking about Daniel Johnston, I've been checking him out a bit recently. Really fucking interesting guy with some really catchy tunes.

Here's the trailer from that movie, Devil & Daniel Johnston:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qtFPOxDMs4

Here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG8DCBtYYd4

Would love to see him on the show sometime... How about a live performance when they get the new studio built?? :icon_razz

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
He may sense some instability and chase old lady Fez out the window...

WonkaVision

To my Friends!!! To My Friends!!!
Sep 5, 2005
HOUSTON
Love Daniel Johnston...the Movie is awesome, his albums are amazing.

Especially love 1990, Continued Story and "Why me".

I saw him about 6 months ago in Houston, and he was shaking because of the meds he is on. Brilliant musician though

joeblow222

Oct 4, 2004
anyone know where I can get that Song by Bobo-- give my buddy don stugots a shot???

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Caught the movie recently - its been on cable a lot. Reminds me of a few people during my Boston music scene days around the time of Throwing Muses, Dinosaur Jr, Blake Babies, etc.

tonypop

Feb 2, 2006
I've got The devil and daniel Johnston in my netflix queue now. Thanks for the recomendation.

badorties

Jan 25, 2006
he's playing NYC in september 4th

i love him, he's an under-produced brian wilson

there's a greaty beauty in the haunting lyrics and simple melodies

joeblow222

Oct 4, 2004
anyone know where I can get that Song by Bobo-- give my buddy don stugots a shot???

YES!!

give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot, give my buddy don stugots a shot,

TonyBagels

Gemutlichkeit
Feb 15, 2006
Way too f'in busy
he's playing NYC in september 4th

i love him, he's an under-produced brian wilson

there's a greaty beauty in the haunting lyrics and simple melodies
Matthew Good covered True Love Will Find You in the End on his latest album. It's fuckin' amazing! If you like haunting lyrics and terrific melodies check him out. Both his now "solo" stuff and back when there was the Matthew Good Band. I will definitely vouch for them/him as unbelievable songwriter(s). In fact he just recorded a XM special (Artist Confidential?) on the 25th that hopefully be aired soon

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Matthew Good covered True Love Will Find You in the End on his latest album. It's fuckin' amazing! If you like haunting lyrics and terrific melodies check him out. Both his now "solo" stuff and back when there was the Matthew Good Band. I will definitely vouch for them/him as unbelievable songwriter(s). In fact he just recorded a XM special (Artist Confidential?) on the 25th that hopefully be aired soon
There's a two disc collection, one of his greatest songs (which is nice since his library is insanely large (no pun intended)), the other is the same songs covered by groups like The Flaming Lips, and Tom Waits. Highly recommended.

L

LectrickShockOJ

There's a two disc collection, one of his greatest songs (which is nice since his library is insanely large (no pun intended)), the other is the same songs covered by groups like The Flaming Lips, and Tom Waits. Highly recommended.

It's called "Covered & Discovered" and it has Eels doing Daniel's "Living Life". (which is my favorite D.J. song ever):clap:

moochcassidy

Jul 8, 2005
bumping cause hes a fuckin genius

incredible stuff. cheers for putting me on to this bruddah.