NETFLIX Daredevil

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Didnt you have a disagreement with someone via IGN comments and use that very Transformers quwhip?
Fuck if I know. It's my go to for "meaningless action movie," so it's possible.

Bobobie

I just finished the Punisher and started the first one with the Elektra Electra chick.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Fuck if I know. It's my go to for "meaningless action movie," so it's possible.
Ah, well no I dont need action scenes or people being hurt to be entertained, this is just very slow and so far quite pointless. Only reason I started watching it again was a few folk have said it does pick up eventually.

BIV

The Netflix powers say they currently have no plans, but could they have set up a Punisher series any better?

I'll say this, I'm done with the season and I'd not sure how I'm supposed to feel about Frank. I'm supposed to like him? Be on his side?

I mean, he's a homicidal maniac and rather unlikable, but he certainly sticks to his own code and helped DD at the end (I wish that had been more extensive. Him walking down the hall plugging ninja would have been epic.)

BIV

I'm past the last episode with the Punisher and just started the one with the Elektra chick.
Oh. I think you mean episode four. Talk to me in two more episodes.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
But who would you cast other than Bernthal?

This dude. He looks the part and could play the part.

Unfortunately for this guy, he had bad writers, directors, and bad just about everything else.

He was done in by the most common mistake people make when writing for Punisher, too much emotion. Frank is a hulking human-terminator that kills anything wicked and if not for brief flashes of compassion, he'd be a real robot.

BIV

This dude. He looks the part and could play the part.

Unfortunately for this guy, he had bad writers, directors, and bad just about everything else.

He was done in by the most common mistake people make when writing for Punisher, too much emotion. Frank is a hulking human-terminator that kills anything wicked and if not for brief flashes of compassion, he'd be a real robot.
I haven't seen that version, but that dude is such a terrible actor. Bernthal may not have had the traditional look, but his acting was spot on.

I think I know what you mean by the robot thing, but I don't think that would fit in the DD universe. He'd become a pure villain.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I haven't seen that version, but that dude is such a terrible actor. Bernthal may not have had the traditional look, but his acting was spot on.
Punisher doesn't need to be a great actor. He doesn't really give big speech too often like in the TV show. Punisher is more of an imposing looming monster who does a monologue in his head for the majority of his dialog.

I think I know what you mean by the robot thing, but I don't think that would fit in the DD universe. He'd become a pure villain.
That's why he fights with heroes almost as much as he does with bad people. Hes a murderer, but so are guys like deadpool and wolverine.

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
I've read some AMAZING Ghost Rider stories. Too bad they couldn't make a movie that was animated like Clayton Crain's artwork, hes fucking amazing.

And too bad Nicolas Cage exists.

BIV

Ghost Rider is the next direction they need to take with Punisher. That could be an epic season.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Ghost Rider is the next direction they need to take with Punisher.
I think you might have worded that wrong, because it sounds like you want Punisher to be like the Ghost Rider films, and if that is indeed the case. I'll have to cave your skull in with a tire iron.

BIV

I think you might have worded that wrong, because it sounds like you want Punisher to be like the Ghost Rider films, and if that is indeed the case. I'll have to cave your skull in with a tire iron.
No, no. I want a Punisher/Ghost Rider crossover series. 13 episodes of mayhem.

BIV

Frank is immune to the penance stare. Might be fun.

It really would be perfect and Marvel got the rights back when they got Punisher back.

We could finally get Ghost Rider done right and it would be a chance for Netflix to go all in.

BIV

Isn't that what they're doing now? They have Jones, Cage, Ironfist, DD, and a possible Punisher series.
Sorry, I meant with the supernatural stuff. Just totally balls to the wall.

I do like how....

...they are slowly leaking supernatural stuff into DD. That shit is obviously about to crack wide open, possibly with Iron Fist and then the Defenders, but they have kept it on the sidelines so far. But between undead ninjas, Elektra in a bottle and Madam Gao...

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Sorry, I meant with the supernatural stuff. Just totally balls to the wall.

I do like how....

...they are slowly leaking supernatural stuff into DD. That shit is obviously about to crack wide open, possibly with Iron Fist and then the Defenders, but they have kept it on the sidelines so far. But between undead ninjas, Elektra in a bottle and Madam Gao...
Dr. Strange pretty much takes the cork off the magic bottle.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
The Netflix powers say they currently have no plans, but could they have set up a Punisher series any better?

I'll say this, I'm done with the season and I'd not sure how I'm supposed to feel about Frank. I'm supposed to like him? Be on his side?

I mean, he's a homicidal maniac and rather unlikable, but he certainly sticks to his own code and helped DD at the end (I wish that had been more extensive. Him walking down the hall plugging ninja would have been epic.)
Isn't that the point?

I don't Netflix needs a Punisher series. He works better as a supporting character IMHO.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Of all the casting in the show, Scott Glenn is quite possibly the best.