NETFLIX Daredevil

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98

Radioguy

As for DD, THANK GOD for less dancey fight choreography. They must have been listening to my pleas.

Otherwise, my trepidation was uncalled for. I had thought Caste and Electra to be used to prop things up, and not only could have the season stood alone, the Electra plotline was the only thing tat could've threatened the overall quality (not crazy about the introduction jockeying with the Punisher intro).

I'd love for Electra to be rested for a season or two, but Frank needs to come back, and not hindered by any backlash of how violent he, and the show, had become. Spin him off to a series if need be, but maintain his level of violence. That was just great to see. The SJW's must've crapped their pants.

Will we see Foggy in JJ? Either way, I want more Kilgrave there even if a season ending re-introduction like Kingpin was here in DD.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
As for DD, THANK GOD for less dancey fight choreography. They must have been listening to my pleas.

Otherwise, my trepidation was uncalled for. I had thought Caste and Electra to be used to prop things up, and not only could have the season stood alone, the Electra plotline was the only thing tat could've threatened the overall quality (not crazy about the introduction jockeying with the Punisher intro).

I'd love for Electra to be rested for a season or two, but Frank needs to come back, and not hindered by any backlash of how violent he, and the show, had become. Spin him off to a series if need be, but maintain his level of violence. That was just great to see. The SJW's must've crapped their pants.

Will we see Foggy in JJ? Either way, I want more Kilgrave there even if a season ending re-introduction like Kingpin was here in DD.
The only problem I could see with Killgrave returning is

*SNAP*

Last edited:

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Well, now that we've got magical ninjas in the universe...

Radioguy

The only problem I could see with Killgrave returning is

*SNAP*
You seem to have forgotten my answer to that at the end of the JJ thread...which I expect to be what they will do.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Just finished the season and I got so excited, and then really sad, because I'm going to have to wait till season 3 to see what happens storywise.

Punisher fans....how does this version stack up?

I never really read the comic so I have no basis for comparison other than shitty movies.
I just finished watching episode 4. Bernthal is doing an amazing job in the role and this version is the closest one we have had to the comic when it comes to the gist of the character. Being from Queens, being a veteran whose family was murdered in Central Park, and just being a killing machine. But they have adapted it to make it work for television series.

The scene where Daredevil is fighting the motorcycle gang was like the pages of a comic book come to life.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
I just finished watching episode 4. Bernthal is doing an amazing job in the role and this version is the closest one we have had to the comic when it comes to the gist of the character. Being from Queens, being a veteran whose family was murdered in Central Park, and just being a killing machine. But they have adapted it to make it work for television series.
agreed. it's the live action version fans have been waiting for.

Up to episode 12.

Clancy Brown should get more work. Sure, he probably rakes in cash as Mr. Crabs, but hes too good an actor with such a great stage presence about him to not get more high profile live action work.

Done, pretty good season 2. I liked the little nod to Microchip at the end. Maybe we can get an actual battle van for once now that Frank has a mini gun.

I finished watching season 2 last night. I don't know if its because the story was really engaging or that I had more time do so, but I found myself binging watching(albeit over the course of two weeks) this season. Unlike what I did with the first one where it took me about six months to finish it.

You just knew when Karen paid that late night visit to Col. Schoonver's house that it was going to turn out that he was up to no good. But looking back it made perfect sense that he wound up being the Blacksmith. Who else could mysteriously come out of nowhere with ton of heroin than a someone who ran covert operations in Afghanistan.

If there ever was an example of why some superheros are better suited for the small screen it would be portrayal of the complicated relationship between Daredevil and Elektra. Then their relationship with Stick. I don't think they could have successfully pulled that off even if they told it in a trilogy.

Not counting the heroes on the show, Froggy is one of my favorite characters. There I said it.

Now I just have to start watching Jessica Jones. Especially before Luke Cage starts in the fall.

BIV

I finished watching season 2 last night. I don't know if its because the story was really engaging or that I had more time do so, but I found myself binging watching(albeit over the course of two weeks) this season. Unlike what I did with the first one where it took me about six months to finish it.

You just knew when Karen paid that late night visit to Col. Schoonver's house that it was going to turn out that he was up to no good. But looking back it made perfect sense that he wound up being the Blacksmith. Who else could mysteriously come out of nowhere with ton of heroin than a someone who ran covert operations in Afghanistan.

If there ever was an example of why some superheros are better suited for the small screen it would be portrayal of the complicated relationship between Daredevil and Elektra. Then their relationship with Stick. I don't think they could have successfully pulled that off even if they told it in a trilogy.

Not counting the heroes on the show, Froggy is one of my favorite characters. There I said it.

Now I just have to start watching Jessica Jones. Especially before Luke Cage starts in the fall.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes Foggy. The internet hates him.

Watching the last episode now (binged over the last few days). I love the development with Daredevil and Elektra, and the emergence of Castle/Punisher. But they really need different enemies than the scary, faceless ninjas of doom. Sure they were threatening in the first fight when Murdock realized he couldn't detect their heartbeats, but he's seemed to find a workaround and now it's just, how many can he kill at a time.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I'll tag along with you kids. I thought he added a lot to the story, actually.
I think I can understand why the Internet dislikes him (I want fightin' and hot chicks), but this season really showed how he balances out Matt and has his own skills/abilities (people skills) that Matt lacks. By the end of the season, I genuinely respected him and his talents.

edzeppe

I think I can understand why the Internet dislikes him (I want fightin' and hot chicks), but this season really showed how he balances out Matt and has his own skills/abilities (people skills) that Matt lacks. By the end of the season, I genuinely respected him and his talents.
Plus, the knucklepuck

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Just finished s2. It was amazing. I thought they nailed the punisher perfectly. Would love to see him get his own series or movie

Just finished s2. It was amazing. I thought they nailed the punisher perfectly. Would love to see him get his own series or movie
I think he was great as a support to DD. I'm not sure he could carry his own series, although I'd be up for a moderate-budget movie with Bernthal.

BIV

I think he was great as a support to DD. I'm not sure he could carry his own series, although I'd be up for a moderate-budget movie with Bernthal.
I'm also not sure about his own series, though I put nothing past these people at this point. A short, five episode run could be really cool.

The great thing about Punisher is that they can take him out of New York. Maybe make a season where he goes to Italy.