NETFLIX Daredevil

Stig

The Star of Wackbag. Without me, you have nothing.
Wow. Have I been avoiding Iron Fist season 2 so long that Daredevil is already released?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Wow. Have I been avoiding Iron Fist season 2 so long that Daredevil is already released?
Correct. You can always take the Liddy road and only watch the last episode to get your Ward fix.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I'm gonna make a quick fix for ya here.
Jessica Jones and Luke Cage had something about them. Daredevil Season 2 was fair-ish? But I wonder if that's because people liked The Punisher, since Elektra made the second half fizzle. Iron Fist Season 1 was a mess, but I think if Defenders was strong, people would have been more excited about the other series.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Jessica Jones and Luke Cage had something about them. Daredevil Season 2 was fair-ish? But I wonder if that's because people liked The Punisher, since Elektra made the second half fizzle. Iron Fist Season 1 was a mess, but I think if Defenders was strong, people would have been more excited about the other series.
I guess you're right. We were all sort of hanging on and giving passes to see how it would all come together in Defenders. When it didn't and we barely got any cancer factory-dragon bone resolution, I think all the good will that had been built up died, and now people are just picking up pieces of stuff that was decent - Punisher was good, DD's been good, JJ's been basically fine. But you're right, it is Defenders that broke people's spirit.

LiddyRules

LiddyRules

Meh, I'm enjoying it.
Me too. But I know I’m an easy mark for this shit.
I don't doubt that it's good, but on the list of stuff I want to watch, it's under a lot of other things that I want to get to first. It's nothing against Daredevil or the Netflix shows, but there's just so much on right now.

I also wonder if part of it is not switching up the formula. Not that I wanted them to go all effects/comedy crazy like Guardians or Ragnorak after Defenders, but something at least somewhat tonally different. MCU knows how to switch it up. The CW shows know how to give themselves a unique voice. But when all the shows feel and look alike, then that's when fatigue sets in. If there was something to break up the monotony of broody New York vigilante, I'd be more excited about the next season of Broody New York Vigilante: New York.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I don't doubt that it's good, but on the list of stuff I want to watch, it's under a lot of other things that I want to get to first.
Then you'll find out you gave it more credit than it's due.

LiddyRules

Then you'll find out you gave it more credit than it's due.
From what I've read it has some of the same problems as Season 2. Where, like Elektra before him, too much time is spent on Bullseye who is not interesting enough to carry the screen time given to him. Can you confirm?

Radioguy

From what I've read it has some of the same problems as Season 2. Where, like Elektra before him, too much time is spent on Bullseye who is not interesting enough to carry the screen time given to him. Can you confirm?
Bingo. The last time they spent worthwhile time on character backstory was Frank or Stick. Plus, the Foggy and Karen family expansion here comes off as a farewell to each. It really does seem like they knew this was the last season.

LiddyRules

Bingo. The last time they spent worthwhile time on character backstory was Frank or Stick. Plus, the Foggy and Karen family expansion here comes off as a farewell to each. It really does seem like they knew this was the last season.
They finally delve into Karen's past? Every season they always allude to her MASSIVE GIANT NEFARIOUS SECRET HISTORY but never get into it.

Radioguy

They finally delve into Karen's past? Every season they always allude to her MASSIVE GIANT NEFARIOUS SECRET HISTORY but never get into it.
Yeah, we see it here. It's actually good acting, and she gets to flex a bit. Just the kind of thing they give an actor before wrapping things up.