DATELINE: catch an Ipod thief

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
Well...this is funny...It looks as if they purposely went to "WHITE" places to have the ipods stolen...SF at fishermans warf...Ipod in the car on the street? Homies were all over it...Pretty funny. I wonder what the real demographic of the thiefs were...

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
they left one of these ipods on top of a trash can. this is such fucking entrapment. way different then the predator series.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
This is a stretch...leaving bags unattended is borderline stealing for many people...its not close to lifting from a store or from a person while they have it...

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
How many people would turn in a 400$ Ipod if they found it on the street sitting on some park bench? I can understand making fools of the people who rob it from a car or someones bag while they are sitting there but this is just stupid.
Like this fat bitch who knew he was Chris Hanson whos husband said he won it. What the hell is the purpose of putting her on TV?

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Jun 27, 2005
Berkeley, CA
If I find an Ipod laying on the street, sorry guys but it's mine. Unless there's a name and number on there, I'm not gonna track you down on Craigslist or anything. Your loss, my gain. I'll bet most are the same way.

Jun 30, 2005
outsiddah Boston
I really think not enough people were stealing these things so they HAD to leave them in the open to be taken....I loved the fact that one of the "Thieves" was the guy whose job it is to clean the bench where they abandoned their property...That's right...abandoned something as trash, and trash in finders keepers...

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
Well...this is funny...It looks as if they purposely went to "WHITE" places to have the ipods stolen...SF at fishermans warf...Ipod in the car on the street? Homies were all over it...Pretty funny. I wonder what the real demographic of the thiefs were...
fishermans warf is more of a "yellow" place

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
This is shit! ok, maybe in a mall i'd return it, but on a bench at pier 39 in sf? come on, if you dont take it someone else will! not the "right thing to do" but that thing is lost, not stolen.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
i thought it was a terrible waste of time for Chris Hansen when he could have been out trying to catch O&A fans.

wigsnatcher

usually confused
May 11, 2007
Nashville
i thought it was a terrible waste of time for Chris Hansen when he could have been out trying to catch O&A fans.
lol, but its true. how do you go from getting pedophiles(sp?) off the the street to ipod thieves? wtf?

Ant's_rapier

Finger of God
Jan 19, 2006
Dallas,TX
I don't think the idea was really to set people up with Ipod theft but to show how easy it would be to track missing ipods down using itunes.

The name of the show was "to catch an ijcaker"