Dave Attell at the Comedy Cellar on 8/18

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
I went to the late show at the Comedy Cellar on Saturday 8/18. Keith Robinson MC'd and was hysterical. Sherrod Small was also on the show and i'd never heard his stand up but he was really funny as well. The only other person i'd heard of on the show was Dave Attell. I'm a fan and was excited to hear his set. He was quite funny but some people weren't laughing at some of his more raunchy jokes. I was really drunk but i think he said something like "why aren't you guys laughing? the only comedy you've seen is the traveling virus" or something to that effect.

If anyone else was there please help me out with this, i don't want to start problems with Attell if there is no need but if he was bashing the boys i think they need to know about it, i thought he was a friend of the show....

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I don't think there's any problems between the guys and Attell.. sometimes I think the comedians are a little defensive at the cellar and think eveyone is some rube douche if they don't get it. (My own opinion obviously). I was there one night and the comedian yelled at us as we were getting out check together... well fuck, they didn't even split between two shows, so we were there way late, very attentive (saw louis ck yay! and Darell Hammond strung out on Vicodin)...

Oct 28, 2004
i've been to the comedy cellar before and a few months ago saw attell blast the audience for not laughing. he was a douche.

It was a late show and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground, and the fuckers at the cellar INSISTED we needed to sit as close to the comic as possible...even though there were empty seats...(due to the snow) but it was the first time i saw empty seats there.

First off, he did the SAME :10 MINUTES I saw him do a month before. He critized the audience for not "paying attention" and "not getting the joke" but he really wasn't being funny. His jokes were there, but his delivery sucked. He was acting like "i'm dave attell....why aren't you laughing....you dumb fuckers".

I wanted to punch him in his pubic hair beard. I hope he gets cancer...since i find him as funny as cancer.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
i've been to the comedy cellar before and a few months ago saw attell blast the audience for not laughing. he was a douche.

It was a late show and there was 6 inches of snow on the ground, and the fuckers at the cellar INSISTED we needed to sit as close to the comic as possible...even though there were empty seats...(due to the snow) but it was the first time i saw empty seats there.
Same situation as me, except it wasn't Dave attell...

What do the comedians expect when there are supposed to be 2 shows, and you plan on leaving at the end of the first cause it's a weeknight, and they just combine shows without saying anything... then all of a sudden its "Oh shit, it's midnight... gotta get to penn station in 25 minutes...fuck"