Dave Chappelle's standup marathon: 6 hours, 12 minutes

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/12/04/people.davechappelle.ap/index.html

Dave Chappelle's standup marathon: 6 hours, 12 minutes

WEST HOLLYWOOD, California (AP) -- Dave Chappelle has broken his own Laugh Factory endurance record.
Chappelle

Dave Chappelle gave a Laugh Factory crowd its money's worth -- and then some.

The 34-year-old comedian topped his record of six hours and seven minutes, set in mid-April, by taking to the stage Sunday and telling jokes for six hours and 12 minutes.

"Dave was determined to keep his record because he recently heard that Dane Cook was planning on trying to break (his) record," club owner Jamie Masada said Monday.

Masada said Cook held a record of three hours and 50 minutes in early April. The mark had stood at two hours and 41 minutes, set by Richard Pryor in 1980.

Chappelle, who walked away from a $50 million deal to continue his hit Comedy Central show in 2005, told audience members he's been traveling, most recently to Ecuador, Masada said.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
I would assume Dane cook would be tired after almost four hours, that has to be his wall. You can't jump around and make faces for more than four hours.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
I would assume Dane cook would be tired after almost four hours, that has to be his wall. You can't jump around and make faces for more than four hours.
how can Dane break the record if no one stays 6 hours to see it?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
I read that Colin Quinn has very seriously considered doing 24 hours on stage. I think it would be at Cafe Wha rather than the Cellar or a regular comedy club. I would go to that.

Hysterectomeal

More like "Jew York"
Jul 10, 2007
Brookfield, IL
Does that mean Chappelle did his whole set without saying the "n-word"? Wasn't Jaime going to ban any comedian who said it?

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
I read that Colin Quinn has very seriously considered doing 24 hours on stage. I think it would be at Cafe Wha rather than the Cellar or a regular comedy club. I would go to that.
would he have to bring a piss bucket out on stage with him, or do they permit him to take bathroom breaks?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
would he have to bring a piss bucket out on stage with him, or do they permit him to take bathroom breaks?
If I were he, I'd wear a radio mic headset and walk to the bathroom when I have to.

UnOriginal

Companion Cube Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Louis Ck's legs must have been tired when Dane went for the record.