Dave is SCABBING!

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Wow. As a huge supporter and fan of ESD, his right to be on strike, and of course the Writer's Union, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed to see that Dave has sunken low and become a scum sucking scab.

Here's the damning evidence from FBA:

Here is the rule he broke (note: it's rule #1)
Strike Rules

1. Stop writing for all struck companies immediately.
Programming made for non-traditional media.
Animation programming.
What is non-traditional media you ask?

Here is the definition by WGA:

non-traditional media (such as the Internet and cellular telephones
So now you are wondering what should be done about this scum sucking scab (sorry Dave, I think that's the lingo though).

WGAE replies:

What should I do if I know someone is working in violation of the strike?

... call the WGAE and let us know. The impact of our strike is dependent on WGAE members stopping their work. It is critical that everyone obeys the strike rules so that the power of this strike is felt by the networks, studios, and conglomerates.
There could be consequences:

Discipline may include, but is not limited to, any or all of the following: expulsion or suspension from Guild membership, imposition of monetary fines, or censure. Discipline imposed is enforceable through the courts.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I have been kind of wondering, if ESD has been paying his union dues?

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
ok thats the first dave ban i agree with. dave gets a +1 for that

cal5000

Feb 14, 2007
Hes playing both sides--saying hes a writer but drawing a paycheck at the same job he writes at?

Fucking scab.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH
I would think that if you're striking as a writer, you should not be appearing on mic or in front of a camera as a performer. He is still providing content for an entertainment show by appearing on it.
Even if that content sucks donkey balls.

McGuirk

doesn't overanalyze comedy radio
Jul 13, 2006
Dave, a writer/entertainer, is protesting with his fellow writers...and meanwhile, still has the gall to appear on a show that makes one of the media companies money.

Go hope and start supergluing your Star Wars figures, Dave. At least you don't write garbage sitcoms; I hope those guys starve, personally.

Goober

AKA Eqyptian Teabag the Friendly Arab
Sep 1, 2005
Washington, D.C.
I have said it before and I will say it again..... I hope ESD's heart will go on strike.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Greatest bit he has done since eating his own shit.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Umm you are joking right?
From what I got from my rep...I cannot write any copy for commercials broadcasted on Film or Television or do any sort of writing for videogames or cartoons, but radio is ok...I can post on the internet as long as it is not paid and personal time...
I hate Dave but, you are nuts!

Slap Jackson

Oct 29, 2007
Bible Belt
Dave has a family to support, so I have to let him off the hook.

My pops was UAW.

Unions suck!

Aug 11, 2005
Yeah sure , this is believable.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Umm you are joking right?
From what I got from my rep...I cannot write any copy for commercials broadcasted on Film or Television or do any sort of writing for videogames or cartoons, but radio is ok...I can post on the internet as long as it is not paid and personal time...
I hate Dave but, you are nuts!
What if it was posting on a website for the TV show you created, and then posted AS THE CHARACTER ON THE SHOW. Basically creating extra content for the show he writes for!

striker

Why yes, I am an asshole, so what?
Mar 10, 2005
Colorado
Said it before and I'll say it again, the writers strike is not against radio, or even the radio portion of any of the struck companies. Therefore, ESD has no reason to be on strike. If he wants to support his fellow writers, he should hit the picket line after working for XM or take unpaid personal time off from XM to do so.

H

Hughdini

Youre missing the point that ESD is a walking red scab - strike or not

atxklown

Will you do me a Kindness
Jan 26, 2004
Austin TX
Did he write his own picket sign? It was used for the show = SCAB