Cineverse DC Universe News, Rumors and Discussion

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Warner Bros. Registers 4 DC Movie Domain Names
New URLs hint at upcoming WB/DC projects.
By Max NicholsonUPDATE: Looks like Tech Times may have led us astray. According to ComicBook.com, these domains have been registered for quite awhile. WonderWomanTheMovie.com was apparently picked up in 1999, with ShazamMovie.com and AquamanMovie.com filed in 2000. This might still prove that Warner Bros. slightly favors a Wonder Woman movie first, but that's a stretch.

The original story follows below...

Last month, Warner Bros. announced nine untitled DC comic book movies (along with two "event" films) and release dates for each of them. Now, it looks like the studio has registered four new domain names, hinting at what some of those movies might be.

The registered names follow below, via Tech Times:

• ShazamMovie.com
  • JusticeLeagueFilm.com
  • WonderWomanTheMovie.com
  • AquamanMovie.com
Justice League of America was confirmed back in April, with Zack Snyder directing it as a sequel to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Meanwhile, WB/DC has two writers drafting competing Aquaman scripts.

However, while Shazam and Wonder Woman have been heavily rumored, this is our first real sign that those movies are in development. As of right now, entering the URLs into a browser redirects to the Warner Bros. website. Of course, the main purpose of registering these sites is to prevent anybody else from grabbing them, not necessarily add content straight away.

Batman v Superman hits theaters on March 25, 2016. To see the WB/DC's other release dates and how they relate to Marvel's movie slate, check out our handy infographic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/02/warner-bros-registers-four-dc-movie-domain-names

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
There is a whole lot of confusion in that story.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Hard thing to do, playing catchup. DC had the Batman reboot. Marvel has a lot more ground covered.
DC had all the history in successful comic book movies. Then Marvel lapped them.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
DC had all the history in successful comic book movies. Then Marvel lapped them.
If by history you mean "A good movie in 1978 and a good movie in 1989."

VMS

Apr 26, 2006

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Compared to the shit Marvel movies up to that point?
Don't underestimate the importance of X-Men and, especially, the first two Spider-Man movies. Spider-Man 1 made over $400 million domestic in 2002.

And, and I don't really want to get into an argument about this but whatever, DC was caught by the Green Lantern mistake and Nolan's Batman not going to play with any of the other heroes.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006
Don't underestimate the importance of X-Men and, especially, the first two Spider-Man movies. Spider-Man 1 made over $400 million domestic in 2002.
Sure. That's what let Marvel do their own thing. But up to the '89 Batman movie, Marvel movie suuuuuucked. DC had much better movies, largely IMO because DC's Big 2 were much more in the public consciousness than any of the Marvel characters.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
The Green Lantern was not up to the level of the other superhero movies in which the other movies did parts of it much better.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
If by history you mean "A good movie in 1978 and a good movie in 1989."
And one in 2005. And 2008. Things started to disintegrate after that, sometimes for the right reasons, sometimes not. Allowing Nolan to age Batman 8 years and then 'complete' his arc may have been the right thing to do for Christopher Nolan, but it broke the back of their Cinematic Universe. And of course they totally misfired with Green Lantern and partially misfired with MoS.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
And one in 2005. And 2008. Things started to disintegrate after that, sometimes for the right reasons, sometimes not. Allowing Nolan to age Batman 8 years and then 'complete' his arc may have been the right thing to do for Christopher Nolan, but it broke the back of their Cinematic Universe. And of course they totally misfired with Green Lantern and partially misfired with MoS.
I thought he meant before the superhero thing started to take off. And Spidey/X-Men were a lot more popular than Batman Begins.

Regardless, I prefer having TDKS to a fully realized DCCU at this point.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
DC Comics Now Looking To Bring SUPERGIRL To Television As Well

A Batman prequel? Check. Constantine? Check. Green Arrow? Check. The Flash? Check. Next? Supergirl! According to a new report, DC Comics are actively looking to bring Superman's cousin to the small screen with producer and comic book writer Mike Johnson attached. Read on for details!
Follow Josh:

By Josh Wilding - 9/3/2014

There was a very interesting Easter Egg in Man of Steel which pointed to Supergirl becoming part of the DC Cinematic Universe, but does Kara Zor-El's future actually lie on the small screen? If Bleeding Cool are to be believed, then yes, as DC Comics are said to be actively pitching Supergirl as a TV series. Producer Michael Green is said to be attached both in that role and as a writer, and his credits include Gotham, Heroes, Smallville and the Green Lantern movie. Interestingly, he also worked on the Supergirl comic book during the early days of "The New 52" reboot. We'll have to wait and see for now, but The CW would certainly make a good home for the character if it means she meets up with The Arrow and The Flash! What do you guys think of this news?
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=107007#9rCyiI8rtQh6MF3g.99

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
DC Comics Now Looking To Bring SUPERGIRL To Television As Well

A Batman prequel? Check. Constantine? Check. Green Arrow? Check. The Flash? Check. Next? Supergirl! According to a new report, DC Comics are actively looking to bring Superman's cousin to the small screen with producer and comic book writer Mike Johnson attached. Read on for details!
Follow Josh:

By Josh Wilding - 9/3/2014

There was a very interesting Easter Egg in Man of Steel which pointed to Supergirl becoming part of the DC Cinematic Universe, but does Kara Zor-El's future actually lie on the small screen? If Bleeding Cool are to be believed, then yes, as DC Comics are said to be actively pitching Supergirl as a TV series. Producer Michael Green is said to be attached both in that role and as a writer, and his credits include Gotham, Heroes, Smallville and the Green Lantern movie. Interestingly, he also worked on the Supergirl comic book during the early days of "The New 52" reboot. We'll have to wait and see for now, but The CW would certainly make a good home for the character if it means she meets up with The Arrow and The Flash! What do you guys think of this news?
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=107007#9rCyiI8rtQh6MF3g.99
This is going great.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I thought he meant before the superhero thing started to take off. And Spidey/X-Men were a lot more popular than Batman Begins.

Regardless, I prefer having TDKS to a fully realized DCCU at this point.
I thought he meant the MCU, which started in 2008.

And of course it's easy to say you prefer 3 movies you like to one movie you don't, one movie you do, and 10 movies that haven't been made.

Had DC known how things would progress from there, they (and Nolan) might have made different choices on TDKR. Remember that it's only that movie, not Begins and TDK, that causes the necessary separation of that Batman from the future DCCU.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I thought he meant the MCU, which started in 2008.

And of course it's easy to say you prefer 3 movies you like to one movie you don't, one movie you do, and 10 movies that haven't been made.

Had DC known how things would progress from there, they (and Nolan) might have made different choices on TDKR. Remember that it's only that movie, not Begins and TDK, that causes the necessary separation of that Batman from the future DCCU.
I'm sorry I liked that there one self-contained story/journey rather than an attempt to try to shoehorn in as many cameos as they can. You have completely sold me that TDKR should have been about Batman and Superman becoming buddies. Your ideas are the bestest!

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'm sorry I liked that there one self-contained story/journey rather than an attempt to try to shoehorn in as many cameos as they can. You have completely sold me that TDKR should have been about Batman and Superman becoming buddies. Your ideas are the bestest!
Fuck off.

VMS

Apr 26, 2006

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Here's the thing: if you get her to cum and she clamps down, you're losing your dick.
Lauren Vandervoort? Worth it.