Cineverse DC Universe News, Rumors and Discussion

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
Pretty sure that’s exactly what they are doing. Aquaman will have the same actors, but other than that won’t really be part of the DCEU. Same with Reeve’s Batman. Whether Affleck is in it or not it will be a stand-alone movie. Shazam may have a cameo from Henry Cavill’s Superman, but it’s not going to reference BvS or JL at all I’m sure. These movies aren’t going to build to anything, they’re just going to be movies. I don’t think we’ll ever see another Justice League movie.
I agree. And I think it's better to do that than to try to tie everything together and explain everything. That's why I hate the entire "In the Flashpoint movie, he'll go back in time and that'll explain why Batman is Jake-John Gyllenhamm now!" As though that raises less questions than simply replacing him. "Oh, and Superman won't snap Zod's neck and Lex Luthor will be different and..." Just let it go. Trying to fix these thing with time travel will be far worse than just soft rebooting.

So I guess the big question is - what does happen with Batman? Because they had this entire Battiverse thing planned (three Joker movies with all different Jokers!, three Batman movies, Nightwing, Batgirl, Deathstroke!) within the larger JLUniverse. and they don't even have a Batman around which to build it. Do they keep with the "Getting Too Old For This Shit Batman" regardless of who plays him (as in it's still BvS Batman) or do they age him down and abandon the interconnected Battiverse sub-franchise for now (thus introducing a "newer" Batman)? Or could they do a bunch of prequel movies pre-Superman's arrival if they'll never cross?

But more importantly, can we get rid of Leto?

EDIT: They also made a mistake introducing Cyborg. He's a better computer than anything in the known world mixed with alien tech weapons, and they'll probably never figure out a damn thing to do with him.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I agree. And I think it's better to do that than to try to tie everything together and explain everything. That's why I hate the entire "In the Flashpoint movie, he'll go back in time and that'll explain why Batman is Jake-John Gyllenhamm now!" As though that raises less questions than simply replacing him. "Oh, and Superman won't snap Zod's neck and Lex Luthor will be different and..." Just let it go. Trying to fix these thing with time travel will be far worse than just soft rebooting.

So I guess the big question is - what does happen with Batman? Because they had this entire Battiverse thing planned (three Joker movies with all different Jokers!, three Batman movies, Nightwing, Batgirl, Deathstroke!) within the larger JLUniverse. and they don't even have a Batman around which to build it. Do they keep with the "Getting Too Old For This Shit Batman" regardless of who plays him (as in it's still BvS Batman) or do they age him down and abandon the interconnected Battiverse sub-franchise for now (thus introducing a "newer" Batman)? Or could they do a bunch of prequel movies pre-Superman's arrival if they'll never cross?

But more importantly, can we get rid of Leto?

EDIT: They also made a mistake introducing Cyborg. He's a better computer than anything in the known world mixed with alien tech weapons, and they'll probably never figure out a damn thing to do with him.
I feel like there are so many great Batman stories that haven’t been told. I would most prefer a reboot and a comic book version of him. And I don’t mean Scumaker’s version. I mean a comic book version from the 70’s on. Not constrained by realism the way Nolan’s version was. Not consumed by darkness and psychological Mumbo jumbo the way Burton’s was, and certainly not the current “all the interesting stuff happened off screen” version. Build a Bat-verse from the ground up, minus the Batman origin story, of course.

LiddyRules

I feel like there are so many great Batman stories that haven’t been told. I would most prefer a reboot and a comic book version of him. And I don’t mean Scumaker’s version. I mean a comic book version from the 70’s on. Not constrained by realism the way Nolan’s version was. Not consumed by darkness and psychological Mumbo jumbo the way Burton’s was, and certainly not the current “all the interesting stuff happened off screen” version. Build a Bat-verse from the ground up, minus the Batman origin story, of course.
That's what I want too. Because there is a lot to do with Batman and the Batman villains that haven't been done. I got why Nolan did it the way he did it and liked it, but I thought Affleck was going to be #RealBatman. Instead, it just went so far in the wrong direction that he's not comic book Batman at all. And we know by the middle of the year we'll hear Reeves is off Batman.

So if they never plan to do another JL again, and I don't think they would, they could do the Batman series as a quasi-prequel/reboot similar to First Class. And because the Batverse is so rich, you could do plenty of movies within that world without having to come near Superman or Flash.

I mean my obvious preference is completely disconnected, but if they don't want to commit that harshly, there's a work around.

Pigdango

Donator
That's what I want too. Because there is a lot to do with Batman and the Batman villains that haven't been done. I got why Nolan did it the way he did it and liked it, but I thought Affleck was going to be #RealBatman. Instead, it just went so far in the wrong direction that he's not comic book Batman at all. And we know by the middle of the year we'll hear Reeves is off Batman.

So if they never plan to do another JL again, and I don't think they would, they could do the Batman series as a quasi-prequel/reboot similar to First Class. And because the Batverse is so rich, you could do plenty of movies within that world without having to come near Superman or Flash.

I mean my obvious preference is completely disconnected, but if they don't want to commit that harshly, there's a work around.
And as for Superman, I would like him to have some funky outer space adventures that take him to places like Avatar Krypton. Since having an all powerful god person walking around earth seems to cause WB such consternation, get him off earth and tell some wild space fantasy stories with him.

LiddyRules

And as for Superman, I would like him to have some funky outer space adventures that take him to places like Avatar Krypton. Since having an all powerful god person walking around earth seems to cause WB such consternation, get him off earth and tell some wild space fantasy stories with him.
Did you hear about Michael Bay's Lobo?

Lord Zero

I mean my obvious preference is completely disconnected
Mine too. I realized recently that they'll have to do that for the Nightwing movie if they want to do an origin story, because it seems that Jason Todd has already come and gone as the second Robin, if that Robin suit in the Batcave in BvS is anything to go by.

LiddyRules

I wonder if that would be too close to Thor: Ragnorak. Two of the better elements of a Superman story are 1) Clark Kent and 2) a well done Lex Luthor. Smart as Batman, as beloved as Superman, too smart to be taken down. Their rivalry has a lot of potential.

So they killed Clark Kent and made Lex whatever the fuck.

Believe they had it at $200 million and Bay is trying to get it down.

Does another big blockbuster first? Edwards, Trank, or Whedon?
Depends. I think if Whedon wanted to do another blockbuster, he could probably get one. Justice League was an impossible situation and Ultron did what he needed to do, albeit very poorly. Edwards might be the most interested in grabbing one right now because he's not a name like Whedon so he still might want a chance at his own prestige and he didn't piss off people with Rogue One, which did well with his name on it.

Trank is a lunatic.

LiddyRules

That should be item number one on Warner Bros.' and DC's "How the Fuck to Get Out of This Mess We've Gotten Ourselves Into" plan.
The white board:

"How the Fuck to Get Out of This Mess We've Gotten Ourselves Into"

1. Eliminate Zack Snyder (w/ a red line strike out)
2. Show Superman not hating people, at least once (w/ a red line strike out)
3. Eliminate Jared Leto
4. How Important is The Affleck??

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
The white board:

3. Eliminate Jared Leto
5. Beat Mojo about the face and neck with the white board until dead

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I wonder if that would be too close to Thor: Ragnorak. Two of the better elements of a Superman story are 1) Clark Kent and 2) a well done Lex Luthor. Smart as Batman, as beloved as Superman, too smart to be taken down. Their rivalry has a lot of potential.

So they killed Clark Kent and made Lex whatever the fuck.

Believe they had it at $200 million and Bay is trying to get it down.

Depends. I think if Whedon wanted to do another blockbuster, he could probably get one. Justice League was an impossible situation and Ultron did what he needed to do, albeit very poorly. Edwards might be the most interested in grabbing one right now because he's not a name like Whedon so he still might want a chance at his own prestige and he didn't piss off people with Rogue One, which did well with his name on it.

Trank is a lunatic.
I just looked at Edwards' IMDB page and he has nothing going for him right now. I think the Rogue One experience may have scarred him for life. Trank shouldn't even be allowed to own a camera. So my money would be on Whedon. But I could see him going back to television first.

Lord Zero

The white board:

3. Eliminate Jared Leto
5. Beat Mojo about the face and neck with the white board until dead
6. Explain to Jason Momoa that he's supposed to be playing Aquaman, not Jason Momoa.
7. Age the Flash up slightly, establish him as already working as an accomplished CSI tech, make him a bit more mature, and most importantly, get him a suit that doesn't look like it was cobbled together from a pile of plastic Iron Man Halloween costumes.
8. Eliminate Jared Leto!
9. No more CGI everything.
10. Movies have lightning departments for a reason.
11. Tell Jesse Eisenberg to stop basing his Lex Luthor on the Starburst Berries & Cream commercial.
12. ELIMINATE JARED LETO!!!

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Trank kinda fucked himself out of any blockbuster gigs for a while (if not forever), so I wouldn't even include him in the discussion.

Out of Edwards and Whedon, I'll take a guess and say Whedon.

Pigdango

Donator
I just looked at Edwards' IMDB page and he has nothing going for him right now. I think the Rogue One experience may have scarred him for life.
Edwards quit Godzilla 2 shortly before the Rogue One test screening fiasco story broke, so I’m sure you’re right.

Pigdango

Donator
Trank kinda fucked himself out of any blockbuster gigs for a while (if not forever), so I wouldn't even include him in the discussion.

Out of Edwards and Whedon, I'll take a guess and say Whedon.
Trank at least got Tom Hardy for his upcoming Al Capone movie. That’s something.

Of course, Tom Hardy doesn’t always make the best career choices. He agreed to do the Venom movie that Trank turned down to do Fant4stic.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
@Lord Zero , could you think of and tell us some actors that you would enjoy playing Robin and/or Nightwing?

Lord Zero

@Lord Zero , could you think of and tell us some actors that you would enjoy playing Robin and/or Nightwing?
Honestly, I think Ezra Miller would be perfect for it, but he's committed to playing the Flash. Beyond him, I was pushing for them to go the opening casting route, which it looks like they're doing.