Cineverse DC Universe News, Rumors and Discussion

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I agree. It will have to be something truly special to overcome my apathy. It's needs to be Logan or Blade Runner 2049 or both.
A 5 hour movie with third act issues and Jared Leto?

Runs and hides.

Pigdango

Donator
The biggest issue I have with him is age. I don't want another origin story. I want established Gotham.
He’s already older (32) than Bale was (31) when he made Batman Begins. Age wise he’s a good age to handle a trilogy. And think about the memes.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
At what point do we look around and realize that Batman sucks as a vehicle for any form of creative expression?

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
I want to see geriatric Batman.
The Dark Knight Returns. It would make absolutely zero sense in any live action Batverse and too bizarre to try to explain, but I've heard of that title so it must be done.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
The Dark Knight Returns. It would make absolutely zero sense in any live action Batverse and too bizarre to try to explain, but I've heard of that title so it must be done.
No, it needs to be really geriatric. Like "The Dark Knight Returned Several Years Ago And Is Still Trying To Fight Crime But Should Be Home By Seven For Wheel of Fortune"

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Are we assuming it'll be Bruce Wayne and not Dick Grayson?

LiddyRules

Now THAT would be different.
So probably it will just be more Bruce Wayne.
Introducing a new Batman who is Dick Grayson without a Wayne explanation wouldn't fly!

But I think this is the time for Robin. If we want ways for this Batman to be different, we need a Batverse with Robin. Like if in this world, Dick Grayson is already Nightwing and it takes place post Jason Todd (was he killed? who knows?), I think that could be something I was into. But we'd need a Bat in his 40s, which I'd like.

Pigdango

Donator
Introducing a new Batman who is Dick Grayson without a Wayne explanation wouldn't fly!

But I think this is the time for Robin. If we want ways for this Batman to be different, we need a Batverse with Robin. Like if in this world, Dick Grayson is already Nightwing and it takes place post Jason Todd (was he killed? who knows?), I think that could be something I was into. But we'd need a Bat in his 40s, which I'd like.
Why not a trilogy where Dick is Robin in film 1 but they have a falling out, Jason gets hired in film 2 and is killed, and comes back as Red Hood in film 3? And Bats can only stop him with Nightwings’s help?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Why not a trilogy where Dick is Robin in film 1 but they have a falling out, Jason gets hired in film 2 and is killed, and comes back as Red Hood in film 3? And Bats can only stop him with Nightwings’s help?
As long as I get my pearls in all three movies.

LiddyRules

I hate it.

LiddyRules

You’re right. Movies are always better when everything interesting happens off screen.
I thought holding back on the violence until the end was incredibly effective, so it had more resonance when we finally got to see it. It wouldn't have been as powerful had it started at 10.

But anyway... villerains. Let's talk villerains. Who do you want? Who don't you want? Rumours AND speculation?!?!?

Penguin in background?

Deathstroke oft referenced, but does he remain? If so, still Magianello in his goofy Justice League costume looking like Mugatu? Or he gone? I bet gone.

Riddler. Would like. He fit noir?

Would they go more sci-fy-y like Freeze, Ivy, or Mat-Bat? Don't think so, but would like the foundation of a universe for them to appear in Season 2.

Bring back mob? Don't think so.

Could they use it to reintroduce Lex Luthor?

Who else?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I thought holding back on the violence until the end was incredibly effective, so it had more resonance when we finally got to see it. It wouldn't have been as powerful had it started at 10.

But anyway... villerains. Let's talk villerains. Who do you want? Who don't you want? Rumours AND speculation?!?!?

Penguin in background?

Deathstroke oft referenced, but does he remain? If so, still Magianello in his goofy Justice League costume looking like Mugatu? Or he gone? I bet gone.

Riddler. Would like. He fit noir?

Would they go more sci-fy-y like Freeze, Ivy, or Mat-Bat? Don't think so, but would like the foundation of a universe for them to appear in Season 2.

Bring back mob? Don't think so.

Could they use it to reintroduce Lex Luthor?

Who else?
Gotta have some Killer Croc in there! And the Mad Hatter. The Ventriloquist? Wait, I remember some Egyptian motherfuckers from the old Batman TV show. Get those guys in there too.