Cineverse DC Universe News, Rumors and Discussion

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...r-ezra-miller-writing-script-bid-star-1194937

Miller's deal to play The Flash ends in May, so he's now writing the script (what?) with comics legend Grant Morrison (now you have my interest). Their take is said to be darker than the lighter take the studio is pushing for. Normally I'd be piss on this, but I am interested to see what Grant Morrison does.

Though I know - just because I liked a bunch of things someone did before doesn't mean that I should take any of that into account when being interested in any future project.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...r-ezra-miller-writing-script-bid-star-1194937

Miller's deal to play The Flash ends in May, so he's now writing the script (what?) with comics legend Grant Morrison (now you have my interest). Their take is said to be darker than the lighter take the studio is pushing for. Normally I'd be piss on this, but I am interested to see what Grant Morrison does.

Though I know - just because I liked a bunch of things someone did before doesn't mean that I should take any of that into account when being interested in any future project.
I know you’re all butthurt, but....

Just because I liked a bunch of things someone did before doesn't mean that I should take any of that into account when being interested in any future project.

LiddyRules

I know you’re all butthurt, but....

Just because I liked a bunch of things someone did before doesn't mean that I should take any of that into account when being interested in any future project.
I still vehemently disagree with your "ignore the behind the scenes persons" philosophy.

But I have to give you a point for The Spirit.

Hence the indifference.

Pigdango

Donator
I still vehemently disagree with your "ignore the behind the scenes persons" philosophy.

But I have to give you a point for The Spirit.

Hence the indifference.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the next Christopher Nolan film. So it's not like my interest is never piqued by the behind the scenes peeps.

But comic book writers are...not good movie writers. First and foremost is their struggle with the compression of character development into a 2 hour story. Aquaman struggled with this tremendously. Most of these guys can't even get the job done in 22 pages. Their skill set is far more in tune with Television writing, which is why you've seen some of them have some success over there.

This is a terrible idea no matter who the comic book writer is, and if you're a fan of this particular guy's work, you should be annoyed that he's wasting his time on this nonsense rather than creating something interesting.

Also - throw out the name and focus on this:

Miller is said to want a darker take on the material.
And there you have the problem - Miller's take on the character in Justice League was anything but dark. Now he can pretend that's Joss Whedon's fault, but he was goofy even in the original trailer from the Snyder Cut. So this really makes no sense. Darker works for some superheroes, but not all. I thought WB had figured that out, but them throwing even a little bit of money at this seems really silly. Let Miller's deal expire and let the Flash sit on the back burner while the TV version remains popular.

Shit, if you really want to see Grant Morrison take on a movie, why not give him the scripting duties for Green Lantern? People seem to be digging his current take on the character.

LiddyRules

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about the next Christopher Nolan film. So it's not like my interest is never piqued by the behind the scenes peeps.

But comic book writers are...not good movie writers. First and foremost is their struggle with the compression of character development into a 2 hour story. Aquaman struggled with this tremendously. Most of these guys can't even get the job done in 22 pages. Their skill set is far more in tune with Television writing, which is why you've seen some of them have some success over there.

This is a terrible idea no matter who the comic book writer is, and if you're a fan of this particular guy's work, you should be annoyed that he's wasting his time on this nonsense rather than creating something interesting.

Also - throw out the name and focus on this:

And there you have the problem - Miller's take on the character in Justice League was anything but dark. Now he can pretend that's Joss Whedon's fault, but he was goofy even in the original trailer from the Snyder Cut. So this really makes no sense. Darker works for some superheroes, but not all. I thought WB had figured that out, but them throwing even a little bit of money at this seems really silly. Let Miller's deal expire and let the Flash sit on the back burner while the TV version remains popular.

Shit, if you really want to see Grant Morrison take on a movie, why not give him the scripting duties for Green Lantern? People seem to be digging his current take on the character.
Ok. I'll see a MorriLantern movie.

And I'm not saying this is the best idea. God knows how Miller is as a writer. But I've read some Morrison lately and dig him.

Pigdango

Donator
Now that James McAvoy is officially out of a job at Fox, he has thrown his name in for consideration as The Riddler in The Batman movie.

Yes, please.

LiddyRules

Now that James McAvoy is officially out of a job at Fox, he has thrown his name in for consideration as The Riddler in The Batman movie.

Yes, please.
And Michael Fassbender has thrown his hat in the ring for "come on, you need a guy to say 'Batman! Pshaw. He's an urban legend!' or, I know, "THANK you Superman. Thank YOU Superman. Thank you SuperMAN.' "

Pigdango

Donator
And Michael Fassbender has thrown his hat in the ring for "come on, you need a guy to say 'Batman! Pshaw. He's an urban legend!' or, I know, "THANK you Superman. Thank YOU Superman. Thank you SuperMAN.' "
I like Fassbender for Braniac.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Zack Snyder Fires Back at Fans Upset Batman Killed Someone

The filmmaker said people who disagree with his decision for Batman are "living in a f*cking dreamworld."

Zack Snyder received a lot of criticism for his 2016 tentpole “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” one of which was for his decision to have Ben Affleck’s Batman kill somebody during an action scene. The decision left many comic book fans upset considering Batman is famous for having a no-kill philosophy. At a recent Directors Cut fan event (via Digital Spy), Snyder ripped the fans who were bothered by his choice to make Batman bleak to the point of murder.

“Oh like, ‘Batman killed a guy’. I’m like, ‘Really? Wake the fuck up,'” Snyder said. “So I guess that’s what I’m saying about, once you’ve lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something like, ‘My superhero wouldn’t do that’, I’m like, ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the fucking road on that. You know what I mean?”

“It’s a cool point,” Snyder continued. “Look, I’m 100% fine with it. It’s a cool point of view to be like, ‘My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn’t lie to America. My heroes didn’t embezzle money. My heroes didn’t commit any atrocities.’ I’m like, ‘That’s cool but you’re living in a fucking dreamworld.'”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/zack-snyder-defends-batman-killed-person-1202053359/

LiddyRules

Zack Snyder Fires Back at Fans Upset Batman Killed Someone

The filmmaker said people who disagree with his decision for Batman are "living in a f*cking dreamworld."

Zack Snyder received a lot of criticism for his 2016 tentpole “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” one of which was for his decision to have Ben Affleck’s Batman kill somebody during an action scene. The decision left many comic book fans upset considering Batman is famous for having a no-kill philosophy. At a recent Directors Cut fan event (via Digital Spy), Snyder ripped the fans who were bothered by his choice to make Batman bleak to the point of murder.

“Oh like, ‘Batman killed a guy’. I’m like, ‘Really? Wake the fuck up,'” Snyder said. “So I guess that’s what I’m saying about, once you’ve lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something like, ‘My superhero wouldn’t do that’, I’m like, ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the fucking road on that. You know what I mean?”

“It’s a cool point,” Snyder continued. “Look, I’m 100% fine with it. It’s a cool point of view to be like, ‘My heroes are still innocent. My heroes didn’t lie to America. My heroes didn’t embezzle money. My heroes didn’t commit any atrocities.’ I’m like, ‘That’s cool but you’re living in a fucking dreamworld.'”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/zack-snyder-defends-batman-killed-person-1202053359/
@Pigdango and I were fucking, you know, discussing it in the Shazaam thread. So let me fucking bring it over, virgin.

PS. You don't want Bruce Wayne to embezzle money? Well guess what asshole, this isn't fucking Narnia. This is Gotham City. This shit is real.

LiddyRules

Speaking of which, Snyder has offered a surprisingly eloquent response to complaints about Batman murdering people.

Tldw

Fuck you, you're virgins, fuck you and yeah fuck you.
I'm ok with his general ideas, but here are the main problems with what he said:

1) Fuck him for comparing himself to Alan Moore
2) If he wanted to tell a story about morally corrupt superheroes, then
2a) Be honest about that when you're pitching your movie to Warner Bros (He wasn't)
2b) Do what your hero Alan Moore did and create your own fucking heroes rather than corrupting existing ones.
Also, did you see that Snyder admitted that he and Chris Terrio had no idea how and why to get Batman and Superman to stop fighting?

And here's the main problem - "He’s sort of embraced all the good parts of the human race, and so Batman’s able to sort of see, in a lot of ways, a thing that he is not."

When and where did Superman embrace all the good parts of the human race?
I agree with that. It's not the concept I have a problem with. It's trying to shoehorn that idea into a Batman Superman movie. That ends with them fighting a cave troll birthed by Zuckerberg cumming into space jello.

If the movie was well done, it wouldn't have been an issue. It would have probably been commended. But the movie was a senseless bloated clusterfuck outside of the murders. It wasn't some deep theme that played into all the characters, it was a "fuck you, this isn't fucking you know playtime."
They had no idea how to get them to start fighting either.

Remember, this is Snyder talking. The most greatest human thing Superman did in the movie was throw that guy through the wall.

"And this is where Superman embraces all the good parts of the human race!"
"Batman regained his humanity at the end of BvS so why didn't he drop the burglar off the roof at the beginning of Justice League?!? #RTSC !!"

LiddyRules

The thing is, I wouldn't mind a movie with a "deconstructionist," doubt-filled Superman if the message at the end was Hope. There's been plenty of comic stories that have played upon this issue of what it means to be a Superman but it normally ends with him realizing his importance because of the importance of humanity.

I misread the end of Man of Steel where - even though he destroys the drone, him joining the Daily Planet was him accepting himself as a human and being part of humanity.

With Batman v. Superman, I realized that the only person he actually cared about was Lois (and his mom). He never showed himself as actually caring about any other people. And his sacrifice at the end dying by killing Doomsday - I didn't consider it some amazingly noble act because a Cloverfield monster was running amok. What else was he going to do? What else would anyone do? It didn't show me that he cared about humanity. And let's face it, if Lois died, he wouldn't care.

So it's ridiculous to say anyone ever embraces humanity or the good parts of humanity. Even Batman in Justice League seemed to want to do good more because he had a crush on Superman than because he realizes doing good is good in and of itself.

As for his other statement of "You don't want your heroes to commit war crimes?!? What are you, a faggot?!?" I don't know.

Pigdango

Donator
Sup virgins @Pigdango @BIV

Want deets on Snyder League? It starts with this

Chris Terrio and I had finished the script to Justice League before Batman v Superman came out. Some people didn't like the movie. A vocal minority.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/just...time-travel-darkseid-and-major-deaths-a167370
In fairness to him, BvS did make a shitload of money, and to this day sits at 63% audience approval on Rotten Tomatoes. There are many people who say the Snyder Cut makes it some sort of masterpiece. Plus he's gone into social media siberia on Vero, where only his most devoted fans bothered to follow him. He continues to delight them and egg on their Snyder Cut nonsense by dropping cryptic images and high fiving people who celebrate his genius. When you live in that kind of delusional echo chamber long enough, the rest of the world can seem like a vocal minority.

We should watch BvS or Justice League on Wednesday just for the fuck of it.

LiddyRules

In fairness to him, BvS did make a shitload of money, and to this day sits at 63% audience approval on Rotten Tomatoes. There are many people who say the Snyder Cut makes it some sort of masterpiece. Plus he's gone into social media siberia on Vero, where only his most devoted fans bothered to follow him. He continues to delight them and egg on their Snyder Cut nonsense by dropping cryptic images and high fiving people who celebrate his genius. When you live in that kind of delusional echo chamber long enough, the rest of the world can seem like a vocal minority.

We should watch BvS or Justice League on Wednesday just for the fuck of it.
I think people would have really responded well going straight from BvS to Lois being killed, Superman succumbing to the anti life equation, the world turning into Mad Max, and characters we don't know trying to figure out time travel to send a cryptic message to Batman of all people.

Pigdango

Donator
I think people would have really responded well going straight from BvS to Lois being killed, Superman succumbing to the anti life equation, the world turning into Mad Max, and characters we don't know trying to figure out time travel to send a cryptic message to Batman of all people.
I've said all along that I believed Superman was intended to be the main villain in Justice League Part 1, but now it sounds as if they were going to have him be the villain for most of Part 2 as well. I think there was some sort of 5 movie plan he had for Supes.

"Just bear with us for this first 10 hours of Superman being a total dick and then we'll get around to him being heroic."

LiddyRules

I've said all along that I believed Superman was intended to be the main villain in Justice League Part 1, but now it sounds as if they were going to have him be the villain for most of Part 2 as well. I think there was some sort of 5 movie plan he had for Supes.

"Just bear with us for this first 10 hours of Superman being a total dick and then we'll get around to him being heroic."
Where being a hero involves embezzling money and committing atrocities.

LiddyRules

Do you think Luthor's scheme still makes total sense in Snyder's mind, or has he listened to the 100% criticism on that point?

LiddyRules

“We knew how to get them to fight.”

So...no.
When he pitched Justice League and DC said "you're crazy," he interpreted it in a Franko way of "you're a wild man dude." Instead of what they actually meant, which was "are you fucking crazy? This is nonsense. No one will like this."

And it shows his hubris that even after they nixed his original idea for Justice League, he left Knightmare and "Lois is the key" in a 3 hour movie because he was convinced that people would love his vision so much, they'd demand to see what his ultimate vision was.

And why would they send the message to Batman? He already horribly distrusts Superman before he did anything actually wrong. So their plan is to tell him "you distrust him when he's not insane, well, guess what, he can go insane very quickly." His job isn't protecting Lois. And since it's unclear when he realizes who Superman actually is, how do they know he'd know who Lois is? Send the message to Wonder Woman or Superman.

Pigdango

Donator
When he pitched Justice League and DC said "you're crazy," he interpreted it in a Franko way of "you're a wild man dude." Instead of what they actually meant, which was "are you fucking crazy? This is nonsense. No one will like this."

And it shows his hubris that even after they nixed his original idea for Justice League, he left Knightmare and "Lois is the key" in a 3 hour movie because he was convinced that people would love his vision so much, they'd demand to see what his ultimate vision was.

And why would they send the message to Batman? He already horribly distrusts Superman before he did anything actually wrong. So their plan is to tell him "you distrust him when he's not insane, well, guess what, he can go insane very quickly." His job isn't protecting Lois. And since it's unclear when he realizes who Superman actually is, how do they know he'd know who Lois is? Send the message to Wonder Woman or Superman.
“Hey Superman! You know how you’re a dick? Stop. Being. A. Dick. Lois’ life depends on it.”

or

“Lois - don’t go to Metropolis on May 6th, 2021. Just trust me. Write the date down.”

or even

“Bruce, I’m from the future. Superman turns bad and only Lois Lane, Daily Planet Reporter, can stop him.”

I hope Endgame deals with time travel just to know that Snyder will lose his fucking mind.

LiddyRules

“Hey Superman! You know how you’re a dick? Stop. Being. A. Dick. Lois’ life depends on it.”

or

“Lois - don’t go to Metropolis on May 6th, 2021. Just trust me. Write the date down.”

or even

“Bruce, I’m from the future. Superman turns bad and only Lois Lane, Daily Planet Reporter, can stop him.”

I hope Endgame deals with time travel just to know that Snyder will lose his fucking mind.
"How many people do I kill, Future Flash?"
"4 million."
"4 million is a slow Tuesday where I'm from."

Pigdango

Donator
"How many people do I kill, Future Flash?"
"4 million."
"4 million is a slow Tuesday where I'm from."
“Batman - stop killing people! This is key.”

“Wake the fuck up - I’m like, down the fucking road on that.”

LiddyRules