Cineverse DC Universe News, Rumors and Discussion

Is anyone watching Doom Patrol? I popped on the first episode and it's great! Reminds me of Legion but less mind-fucky.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
Is anyone watching Doom Patrol? I popped on the first episode and it's great! Reminds me of Legion but less mind-fucky.
I really want to but I'm not getting DC Universe for it. I'm pissed that I might do Disney+.

I really want to but I'm not getting DC Universe for it. I'm pissed that I might do Disney+.
Right now the best analogy that comes to mind watching it is an R-rated Ron Perlman Hellboy.

And there are ways, Lids. THere are ways.

I can probably find you a torrent or file site link for the show. Last thing I wanna see is you getting Disney+ and watching you and BIV talk about how amazing Star Wars Rebels is.

LiddyRules

I can probably find you a torrent or file site link for the show. Last thing I wanna see is you getting Disney+ and watching you and BIV talk about how amazing Star Wars Rebels is.
I can find my own God damn torrent!

OK I was wrong. This does get to Legion levels of meta mindfuckery.

LiddyRules

To celebrate the 80th anniversary of Batman, Fathom Events is re-releasing four “Batman” movies back in theaters this summer – each for one night only.

Tim Burton’s 1989 “Batman” will arrive May 4th, Burton’s 1992 “Batman Returns” is on May 6th, Joel Schumacher’s 1995 “Batman Forever” is on May 12th, and Schumacher’s 1997 “Batman & Robin” is on May 14th.

I know which one I'm going to try to see.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
To celebrate the 80th anniversary of Batman, Fathom Events is re-releasing four “Batman” movies back in theaters this summer – each for one night only.

Tim Burton’s 1989 “Batman” will arrive May 4th, Burton’s 1992 “Batman Returns” is on May 6th, Joel Schumacher’s 1995 “Batman Forever” is on May 12th, and Schumacher’s 1997 “Batman & Robin” is on May 14th.

I know which one I'm going to try to see.
Batman Returns, so you can see how truly bad it is?

I'm going to a Star Wars concert on May 4th or I'd have gone to see OG Batman.

I may go to Batman and Robin just for the fuck of it. When I saw that in the theaters originally, I had to sit on the floor because the theater was so full.

LiddyRules

Batman Returns, so you can see how truly bad it is?

I'm going to a Star Wars concert on May 4th or I'd have gone to see OG Batman.

I may go to Batman and Robin just for the fuck of it. When I saw that in the theaters originally, I had to sit on the floor because the theater was so full.
I saw Batman Returns last Christmas. I didn't hate it. Penguin and Catwoman were horned up creeps.

It's Batman and Robin. Is anyone in the theater not going to be zonked?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Swamp Thing's production was shut down early. This news station says it's because WB may be scrapping their DC streaming service entirely.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20190416/swamp-thing-to-shut-down-production-early

DC having it's own separate streaming service never made any sense. There's simply not enough content. More than likely DC will be folded in to WB's new streaming service, which apparently will also include HBO. Seems like this may have been the plan for a while now:

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/w...er-streaming-service-john-stankey-1202975598/

“We expect financial support to launch this product to come from a combination of incremental efficiencies within the WarnerMedia operations, consolidating resources from sub-scale D2C efforts, fallow library content, and technology reuse,” AT&T said in the filing. “We expect to defer some licensing revenues to later periods in the form of increased customer subscription revenues.”

By “sub-scale D2C efforts,” AT&T is likely referring to existing WarnerMedia properties such as Boomerang (featuring classic cartoons), DramaFever (a Korean programming service) and the fledgling DC Universe streaming platform. It’s understood that those ventures will be rolled into the larger new service in an effort to cut operating costs and more quickly aggregate audiences by offering a wider menu of programs.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I think Swamp Thing is more of a cult favorite than a story that has mass appeal.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Swamp Thing's production was shut down early. This news station says it's because WB may be scrapping their DC streaming service entirely.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20190416/swamp-thing-to-shut-down-production-early

DC having it's own separate streaming service never made any sense. There's simply not enough content. More than likely DC will be folded in to WB's new streaming service, which apparently will also include HBO. Seems like this may have been the plan for a while now:

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/w...er-streaming-service-john-stankey-1202975598/

“We expect financial support to launch this product to come from a combination of incremental efficiencies within the WarnerMedia operations, consolidating resources from sub-scale D2C efforts, fallow library content, and technology reuse,” AT&T said in the filing. “We expect to defer some licensing revenues to later periods in the form of increased customer subscription revenues.”

By “sub-scale D2C efforts,” AT&T is likely referring to existing WarnerMedia properties such as Boomerang (featuring classic cartoons), DramaFever (a Korean programming service) and the fledgling DC Universe streaming platform. It’s understood that those ventures will be rolled into the larger new service in an effort to cut operating costs and more quickly aggregate audiences by offering a wider menu of programs.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Swamp Thang would be so much more fun--Octavia Spencer floating around in a pool wearing a poorly made ghillie suit and getting pissed at random stuff.

LiddyRules

Swamp Thang would be so much more fun--Octavia Spencer floating around in a pool wearing a poorly made ghillie suit and getting pissed at random stuff.
You've already convinced me to see Ma over Godzilla. Not need to get me horny baby, yeah. Shagadelic.

LiddyRules

DC not coming to ComicCon. Here's the Wonder Woman one-sheet, which for some reason is her dressed as Aquaman splattered with Cinemark Unicorn jizz