DC's Titans - Thought Justice League was bad? Hold my beer.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Where is this playing?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Dec 12, 2007
When a show for children is better than you. You stink.

On a side note. Teen Titans Go is the last American super hero thing I actually enjoy. I wish I still smoked weed, because then I'd enjoy it 10 times more.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses

On a side note. Teen Titans Go is the last American super hero thing I actually enjoy. I wish I still smoked weed, because then I'd enjoy it 10 times more.
Sounds like you need to hit up a dispensary for some cartoon awesomeness.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

I've debated DVRing the entire series to have some random show I'll say I'll watch but never actually get around to but liking the idea of having a show I've never seen before that I can watch from the start.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
That was bad enough to make me me legitimately uncomfortable.
Disagree. Did you see when Robin said "Fuck Batman"? It was like "WOAH!!! This isn't my grandfather's Robin!" Rock and roll electric guitar.

Dec 12, 2007
I've debated DVRing the entire series to have some random show I'll say I'll watch but never actually get around to but liking the idea of having a show I've never seen before that I can watch from the start.

When the series first started off they tried SOME super hero'ing. By the second or third season they abandoned that idea and went for pure absurdity.

One episode Starfire becomes a crazy cat lady because Robin wont stop pretending to be a cat. There's an episode called "the 4th wall" where they break the 4th wall to try and get an emmy. Until they realize they're all too stupid to win one and fart till the episode ends.

It shouldn't work. Its shouldn't be enjoyable. It is though....its very confusing to most people.

The fact you know this sketch gets you a like.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
When the series first started off they tried SOME super hero'ing. By the second or third season they abandoned that idea and went for pure absurdity.

One episode Starfire becomes a crazy cat lady because Robin wont stop pretending to be a cat. There's an episode called "the 4th wall" where they break the 4th wall to try and get an emmy. Until they realize they're all too stupid to win one and fart till the episode ends.

It shouldn't work. Its shouldn't be enjoyable. It is though....its very confusing to most people.

The fact you know this sketch gets you a like.
I don’t go out of my way to watch it, but when I come across it I always enjoy it. Apparently there was another, more serious Teen Titans cartoon that this replaced, and there are a bunch of internet people as angry about the fact that this goofy shit replaced it as they are about purple hair lady from Star Wars.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
I don’t go out of my way to watch it, but when I come across it I always enjoy it. Apparently there was another, more serious Teen Titans cartoon that this replaced, and there are a bunch of internet people as angry about the fact that this goofy shit replaced it as they are about purple hair lady from Star Wars.
The original series was "Teen Titans" and was done more like anime.
It lasted several seasons then got dropped.
It reappeared as "Teen Titans GO!"
The current more kiddy, slap stick version.

Dec 12, 2007
That original show was back when Justice League was still airing. They reference that series from time to time to mock how poorly animated their show is by comparison. I've noticed many of the people who used to hate it seem to have embraced it now.

The same can't be said for the Thunder Cats new show. Lots of hatred for them going around.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That trailer was just... ugh.
Nothing I've seen from Teen Titans Go looks good. If you're going to dive headfirst into an animated DC series, I recommend either Teen Titans, which was much less cutesy and more serious while still being really fun, or Young Justice, which, for my money, is the best animated DC series since Justice League Unlimited.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
The original series was "Teen Titans" and was done more like anime.
It lasted several seasons then got dropped.
It reappeared as "Teen Titans GO!"
The current more kiddy, slap stick version.

This actually had some decent storylines and a fairly dark vibe. Very well done, shame they had to dumb it down to the level of kiddy humor. I genuinely enjoyed this iteration of Teen Titans.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
This actually had some decent storylines and a fairly dark vibe. Very well done, shame they had to dumb it down to the level of kiddy humor. I genuinely enjoyed this iteration of Teen Titans.
I have all 5 seasons plus the Titans in Tokyo movie that I still watch.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I have all 5 seasons plus the Titans in Tokyo movie that I still watch.
Saw just about all of them, I believe I saw the Tokyo movie too. Just a very well done series.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I’m willing to give it a chance.