DD-WRT /NAS help

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I bought a new router (Asus) and installed DD-WRT based on recommendations from a few folks. I'm trying to get it to work with an Iomega Network home media hard drive and there must be some setting I am missing because the computer won't recognize it. I can see it is being assigned an IP address but immediately after nothing will allow me to access the files at that address. I think the firewall is off (unless there's more than one firewall somewhere). Iomega support is useless. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

GrammatonCleric

Nov 19, 2008
Is it assigned a static IP by MAC address? Also is your computer firewall set to accept communication on the necessary ports? And you may also have to map the drive on your computer.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I bought a new router (Asus) and installed DD-WRT based on recommendations from a few folks. I'm trying to get it to work with an Iomega Network home media hard drive and there must be some setting I am missing because the computer won't recognize it. I can see it is being assigned an IP address but immediately after nothing will allow me to access the files at that address. I think the firewall is off (unless there's more than one firewall somewhere). Iomega support is useless. Anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
Is UPnP turned on in DD-WRT? Also, what firewall is turned off?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
I justed turned on UPnP, it was off. The firewall I turned off was the SPI firewall. I can't seem to find any others.

One thing I noticed is that the drive apparently was assigned an IP of 192.168.1.221, and DD-WRT was only assigning IP ranges of 192.168.1.1-50. I edited the available ranges to 200-250, but that didn't seem to help.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I justed turned on UPnP, it was off. The firewall I turned off was the SPI firewall. I can't seem to find any others.

One thing I noticed is that the drive apparently was assigned an IP of 192.168.1.221, and DD-WRT was only assigning IP ranges of 192.168.1.1-50. I edited the available ranges to 200-250, but that didn't seem to help.
Try assigning the drive an ip from 1-50. Can you ping the drive?