Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
These fucks should rot in prison.

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/08/23/dea-orders-security-companies-to-stop-wo
Reason.com said:
DEA Orders Security Companies to Stop Working with Pot Dispensaries

August 23, 2013

SAN FRANCISCO --Less than two weeks after Attorney General Eric Holder announced plans for sweeping drug sentencing reform to help fix a "broken system," the Drug Enforcement Administration has ordered security and armored vehicle companies to quit serving state-legal cannabis providers, according to industry sources.

The DEA, an arm of Holder's Department of Justice, confirmed the order to The Huffington Post, but wouldn't elaborate.

Armored vehicles allow California's legal medical marijuana dispensaries a secure way to transport large amounts of cash. The services are critical, since federal authorities pressured banks and credit card companies to stop servicing the pot industry in 2011.

Source: Huffington Post. Read full article. (link)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
It's just fucking ridiculous. I don't even understand what the end game is at this point.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
And they break their word again, shocking. :meh:

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Make the plant legal, its value will drop, and reclaim all that money being wasted on this overpriced weed.

JackieImpression

Mar 25, 2013
It's just fucking ridiculous. I don't even understand what the end game is at this point.
Do you have any idea how much money goes into the war on drugs? Billions every year goes to local police, FBI, DEA, and so on. Then you get even more billions for the courts. And more billions for the prisons. Not to mention the billions to private companies that work with law enforcements. Millions in legal fees. The war on drugs is an entire multi-national industry.

mrbucket75

Jan 9, 2009
GJ. CO.
Stop paying taxes on it, then lower the cost. Thats all I got.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Make the plant legal, its value will drop, and reclaim all that money being wasted on this overpriced weed.
Not to mention the drop in revenue the Mexican cartels would experience, lessening their power. I say this in every drug legalization thread, but we need to look at Portugal's drug laws.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The end game is not having to admit that less government is the solution to a problem (and that, in fact, big government caused -- or even invented -- the problem in the first place).

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I don't even understand what the end game is at this point.
A one world government.

But first they want to make so many laws that no man, woman, or child, can go a day without breaking a law that they didn't know existed. And if you do something to get on a politician or bureaucrats bad side, they can lock you up or fine you for breaking a law that has no victim and is selectively enforced. Obama shut down a bunch legal dispensaries in Colorado because they were within 1000 feet of the precious schools. I want a few kid free states so these assholes can't use the children as an excuse to push their nonsense.

Do you have any idea how much money goes into the war on drugs? Billions every year goes to local police, FBI, DEA, and so on. Then you get even more billions for the courts. And more billions for the prisons. Not to mention the billions to private companies that work with law enforcements. Millions in legal fees. The war on drugs is an entire multi-national industry.
And the billions government makes to bring the drugs in and sell them on the black market. If drugs were legal they would be cheaper but making them illegal, drives up the price. Then you have the crime that the drug war creates and crime creates fear and people in fear demand more government and less liberty in the name of safety.

Production of Opium in Afghanistan has gone up every year since the US has been in Afghanistan.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Leahy is putting some more pressure on that fuck Holder. That ****** has had over 6 months to come up with how the feds will proceed in light of new state laws. He better not dick around with the states like he has in the past. Petition at your discretion.
The Washington Times
Monday, August 26, 2013

The Senate Judiciary Committee chairman announced Monday that the panel will hold a hearing on marijuana, the latest effort to smoke out the Justice Department’s input on the conflict between state and federal pot laws.

The hearing, scheduled for Sept. 10, comes 10 months after Colorado and Washington state voters legalized recreational marijuana in the November 2012 election.

Since then, federal and state lawmakers have repeatedly asked the Justice Department for guidance on how to proceed with the newly passed laws, which run afoul of federal law prohibiting marijuana consumption and sales.

Invited to testify at the hearing are Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. and Deputy Attorney General James Cole. Mr. Holder said in a speech before the National Association of Attorneys General that he would issue guidance “soon,” adding, “We’re in the last stages of that review.”

That was Feb. 26. So far, the department has released no advisory clarifying the state-federal conflict.

“It is important, especially at a time of budget constraints, to determine whether it is the best use of federal resources to prosecute the personal or medicinal use of marijuana in states that have made such consumption legal,” said Sen. Patrick J. Leahy, Vermont Democrat and the committee chairman, in a statement.
http://www.petition2congress.com/3216/

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
A one world government.

But first they want to make so many laws that no man, woman, or child, can go a day without breaking a law that they didn't know existed. And if you do something to get on a politician or bureaucrats bad side, they can lock you up or fine you for breaking a law that has no victim and is selectively enforced. Obama shut down a bunch legal dispensaries in Colorado because they were within 1000 feet of the precious schools. I want a few kid free states so these assholes can't use the children as an excuse to push their nonsense.
I knew it was only a matter of time before Kirk brought the crazy.