Dead Island: Riptide

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Had some serious issues with the first one when I rented it recently. The two biggest were the lack of storage (Something Borderlands needs to learn as well. You have a game filled with random and unique weapons. Take the bottom out of the fucking storage bins.) and the save system, which was just shit. (Borderlands also has this issue, but it's not nearly as bad.)

A third problem was the shitty, ghetto ass map the game had.

I can't believe companies are still fucking these basics up.

Must have's for any type of open world game:
1. Clearly defined spawn points (if you are not using a "continue from last save point" feature.)
2. Scrap #1 and let us save wherever the fuck we want.
3. Bottomless storage, and early.
4. Easy to read and navigate maps.

So that being said, they will have to show me some serious improvement if they want my money.

LZMF1

Semi-Eviscerated
Jul 7, 2005
Morris Plains, NJ
i never played the 1st. have no intentions of getting of playing the 2nd.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
I had a blast with the first. Thought it was really well done. Had a couple issues, but overall? Good shit. Didn't overly mind the lack of storage, as I wasn't really looking for Skyrim/F:NV amounts of space. I had my go to 3-5 weapons, and I pitched the rest. Which reminds me, I should really play it over, and get the DLC off steam.

I'll get this one also on general principle.

Would've tried DayZ also, but that's more of a walking sim than a zombie game.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Just grabbed Dead Island 1 on a whim... I happened to go to Amazon as soon as it popped up as a lightning deal for the 360... $15. Seemed like a steal based on how fast it was selling out. If i like the game play maybe I'll check out the 2nd one.

Cool Dude

New Wackbag
May 17, 2012
I rented the first one and liked it, its one of those games that is the most fun when you are playing with people you know.