Deadwood: The Movie

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
HBO Says the Deadwood Movie is Finally Happening
This time it looks like it could be real.
By Matt Porter

HBO
's president Michael Lombardo has said what all Deadwood fans wanted to hear.

Lombardo has given Deadwood creator David Milch the green light to create a movie, reports TV Line. "David has our commitment that we are going to do it," said Lombardo, at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour. "He pitched what he thought generally the storyline would be — and knowing David, that could change. But it’s going to happen.”

"Preliminary conversations," took place in August last year about a possible movie, but now it looks like it's becoming a reality.

Lombardo also added that he had a sense that Milch "has left something unsaid" with Deadwood. "I've known him for a while and it feels like it's something he's not done talking about."

Milch is currently working on another project, "But the understanding is that when he is done with that he will turn his attention to [writing the] script for the Deadwood film," commented Lombardo.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
I'm glad this trend of finishing unfinished TV shows has caught on.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Man, I hope they really do it justice.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
San Francisco cocksucka.

I just rewatched this. What an abrupt ending this show had. Nothing was solved that last season. Hearst just left and that was it.

Wonder what the plot will be? Will it pick up from where it left off or how many years ahead? How much have the actors aged in all this time? I hope it gets made from a closure point of view but I still am doubting we'll see it. Might just be a re-do with new characters and the old ones sprinkled in for fans of the show. IF it ever happens...

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Don't know how this one got past me, and didn't see a thread. You cocksuckers appear to have gone slack on me.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/07/hbo-deadwood-movie-happening

Deadwood

Posted January 7 2016 — 10:43 PM EST

The rumors are real: The long, long, long-awaited Deadwood movie is really, truly in development at HBO.

Related
HBO confirms 'Deadwood' may live again

No less a source than the network’s programming president Michael Lombardo said “it’s going to happen,” TV Line reported at the Television Critics Association’s press tour party in Pasadena on Thursday. Creator David Milch has apparently pitched a story for the profanity filled and critically acclaimed cult-favorite Western’s reunion.

RELATED: 10 Best (and 5 Worst) Movie-Inspired TV Shows

Last August, HBO confirmed early talks of a Deadwood movie, so this has been in the works for awhile. Actor Garret Dillahunt, who played Francis Wolcott on the show, first leaked the news on Twitter.
And then what happened?

After almost a decade of industry tittle-tattle, fan speculation and hopeful tweets from former cast members, HBO has finally addressed the Olyphant in the room. Last week, the network confirmed that Deadwood – David Milch’s peerless, profane exploration of frontier psychology in gold-rush South Dakota – would belatedly return in the form of a movie tying up all the loose ends left over after its abrupt cancellation in 2006.

As reported by TVLine, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo said that he had given series creator Milch the go-ahead.

“David has our commitment that we are going to do it,” Lombardo told TVLine. “He pitched what he thought generally the storyline would be – and knowing David, that could change. But it’s going to happen.”

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Something, something, cunts.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
I think the rest of the cast is probably fine, but I'm betting 'ol Alma Garrett hasn't held up at all.....freckled bitches fade fast.

Haeder

South Dakota
We knew about this months ago you fucking cocksucker.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Once again it may be far too late for many people to care. There's been no buzz for Deadwood for years.

That being said, I can't wait.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I like this thread better, but only because I hate @BIV.

But will the Hoopleheads come out in droves like they did for Sex in the City 2 even? Unless this is just a TV movie i don't see this working.

Never watched more than a few minutes when it was airing, only know the show uses the words "cock sucker" a whole big bunch.