Deadwood: The Movie

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Twin Peaks was like that even if you watched every episode leading up.
True. But L dog gets a pass.

I refuse invest any time in a Milch production after Deadwood. Milch said he was going to bring in another showrunner for the next season so he could concentrate on his stupid surfing abortion John From Cincinnati. Something you don't do when you're show is possibly being cancelled. I bet the years it took to get the movie made was 100% due to his erratic behavior and schedule.
I got my eye on you Bobobie.

I would have liked a second season of that.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
I also typically don't like anything longer than 2-3 seasons.
That's when shows usually lose the plot or are just very repetitive.

I sometimes come to shows late, when they're a couple seasons in. If I read that they've been cancelled before I watch all the episodes, I usually lose interest for some reason.

We need more shows with shorter seasons and definitive, planned endings. Legion is a great example. It's ending after season 3 because it was only meant to be 3 seasons.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Oz may be rewatchable. I want to get back into it.

And oddly enough, The Venture Bros was very entertaining the second time around.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
That's when shows usually lose the plot or are just very repetitive.

I sometimes come to shows late, when they're a couple seasons in. If I read that they've been cancelled before I watch all the episodes, I usually lose interest for some reason.

We need more shows with shorter seasons and definitive, planned endings. Legion is a great example. It's ending after season 3 because it was only meant to be 3 seasons.
I'm looking forward to going through Legion again before the third season.

Oz may be rewatchable. I want to get back into it.

And oddly enough, The Venture Bros was very entertaining the second time around.
I've done VB an odd amount of times. In that I watched the new season, then I rewatched the previous season plus the new season. Plus adult swim is rerunning it, so I'm DVRing and I'll probably rewatch all of it before the next season... in 2025. Still the best superhero show ever made.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Anyone watch Justified? That's one of those shows I really enjoyed but never got around to finishing.

Bobobie

I've the final season of Justified on my HD, but still have fifteen or more episodes to watch.

Last edited:

Haeder

South Dakota
Rewatching Deadwood. Al Swearengen rules. The evolution of Richardson was fantastic. I hope they kill Hearst in the movie.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'm fucking around with The Wire again. One thing that sticks out to me, I forgot what an odd character this guy is...

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Rewatching Deadwood. Al Swearengen rules. The evolution of Richardson was fantastic. I hope they kill Hearst in the movie.
"A.W. Merrick, meet my son ... William Randolph Hearst!"

Haeder

South Dakota
Finished rewatching the entire series.

Didn't enjoy season three nearly as much the first time around as the second. Al Swearengen is still the greatest character of all time. David Milch is an amazing writer.

I will see Deadwood in the theater on opening day.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I refuse invest any time in a Milch production after Deadwood. Milch said he was going to bring in another showrunner for the next season so he could concentrate on his stupid surfing abortion John From Cincinnati. Something you don't do when you're show is possibly being cancelled. I bet the years it took to get the movie made was 100% due to his erratic behavior and schedule.
When they dumped Deadwood for that surfing shit, I was an irritated boy.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Ever since Deadwood, I've wanted to throw a body into a pig pen.

Does that make me a bad person?

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
No, we should start a go fund me

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
Ever since Deadwood, I've wanted to throw a body into a pig pen.

Does that make me a bad person?
I've always wanted to throw my body onto Pigpen. Fuck that boy's stench right off him.

Bobobie

Do you think Snatch got the idea from Deadwood?

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator
Silence of the lambs too, or one of those books in the series