Deal from XM radio from woot

Prof Murder

May 7, 2007
NY
Good to see someone trolls Woot daily like I do...

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
I found a website to get it for free.

Dopie Opie

Oct 22, 2004
Better deals always sell out, guess this is as not as good as I thought

Mar 15, 2004
New Jersey
I think this is the perfect thing to get my grandmother. She's been wanting XM but she doesn't want too many wires and shit with attaching it to a regular radio. I know it's no big deal, but she needs something she just powers up all by itself.

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
Still a kick ass deal. The SkyFi2 rocks. Got one in the car and one of those boomboxes with the custom (black metal) speaker grills. That's at least $200 worth of stuff there.

blakesnake00

The name is Snake.
Jun 5, 2005
peoria Il
I had one of those like 3 yrs. ago.The boombox sounds like shit,the fabric grills on the front ripped at the edges when i traveled with it ,and dam that skyfi was the second hardest XM unit to read.The worst was my first the Sony plug and play.I sold it to my neighbor like 3 yrs. ago ,he still has it in his work van.I dont have the skyfi but I have the boombox on a shelf in the basement storage room.Oh yea it took 8 D cell batteries and they only lasted like and hour before the speakers started to distort.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
This is a good deal. I posted about it in our existing Woot thread in Off-Topic shortly after it was listed at 1AM EST (Midnight Central). Lots of Wackbaggers check out Woot. It's a cool site.

You can't go wrong for $49.99 for the Skyfi2, the car kit, and the boombox.

danny666

Oct 12, 2004
I bought a Slingbox from Woot for $70 the day before the XM went on sale.

Now I can watch my DirecTV on my cell phone. The quality is great on my Samsung Blackjack and I drove around and never lost reception. But the great thing is besides watching TV I also listen to the XM channels on DirecTV a lot. And it's actually better quality than my old Myfi. The streaming for TV viewing is great at 250 kbps. When I'm just listening to the DirecTV XM channels it's around 100 kbps.

I no longer need to subscribe to XM. I told you it was obsolete. The good thing is I can still get the O and A channel live. Listening via Slingbox is better than even logging on the web sites like Musicdock.com and xstreamxm.com which also feature XM online stations.

The only negative thing is streaming on the 'net uses a lot of cell phone battery power. I think I can get only 3 hours and a half hours on the extended battery using Slingbox or 'net radio. And although I have an unlimited data plan at 19.99 a month, I'm sure I'll raise some red flags using 30 gigs a month of data.

Little Chuckie

Jul 21, 2005
The only negative thing is streaming on the 'net uses a lot of cell phone battery power. I think I can get only 3 hours and a half hours on the extended battery using Slingbox or 'net radio. And although I have an unlimited data plan at 19.99 a month, I'm sure I'll raise some red flags using 30 gigs a month of data.
Try turning off the video when listening to XM, that should reduce the amount of data getting trasfered by a lot. You should be able to do it from the Slingplayer on your phone.