December 7th is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Each year on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Survivors, veterans, and visitors from all over the world come together to honor and remember the 2,403 service members and civilians who were killed during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. A further 1,178 people were injured in the attack, which permanently sank two U.S. Navy battleships (the USS Arizona and the USS Utah) and destroyed 188 aircraft.

On Aug. 23, 1994, the United States Congress designated Dec. 7 as National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. Every year, remembrance events are held at World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, culminating in a commemoration ceremony on Dec. 7.

https://www.nps.gov/valr/learn/historyculture/national-pearl-harbor-remembrance-day.htm

https://www.youtube.com/user/WWIIValorNPS

Aug 26, 2005
My grandpa was on Oahu, he had already been in the marines for over 20 years when the war started. He was a master gunnery sergeant by the time the war was over. He served from 1919 to 1950, 44-50 in the reserves. I have all his paperwork, including the original telegram he sent my grandma in 44 to tell her he was coming home.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
My grandpa was on Oahu, he had already been in the marines for over 20 years when the war started. He was a master gunnery sergeant by the time the war was over. He served from 1919 to 1950, 44-50 in the reserves. I have all his paperwork, including the original telegram he sent my grandma in 44 to tell her he was coming home.
Master gunnery sgt is a paygrade almost on par with Captain aint it $ wise? And its right under sgt major iirc. a sgtmajor hierarchy wise iirc reports directly to a Colonel and is actually above LTs and Capts but equal to a Major

Aug 26, 2005
Master gunnery sgt is a paygrade almost on par with Captain aint it $ wise? And its right under sgt major iirc. a sgtmajor hierarchy wise iirc reports directly to a Colonel and is actually above LTs and Capts but equal to a Major
I dunno about all that, I know it's the highest enlisted rank in the Marines.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
I dunno about all that, I know it's the highest enlisted rank in the Marines.
No sgt major is the highest enlisted rank which is a E9 which makes you the highest enlisted man in a marine division or sgtmaj of the usmc (also e9) which is highest enlisted man in the entire corps. Your grandpa was an e8 which depending on if you want to go mos training or admin is either mastrgysgt or 1stsgt. But i was talking money wise what O grade it compared to. Your gramps made good money in the corps and retired at 2nd highest enlisted rank with full pension. He made close to 80k a year in todays money in the corps