Deftones Bassist Chi Cheng 1970-2013 RIP

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
Deftone's original bassist Chi Cheng passed away Saturday. He's been in a coma since 2008 Sergio Vega filled in for their last two albums and tours. Cause of death has yet to be released. Sucks RIP.

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
Read on the ap that his heart stopped. Didn't he come out of the coma not too long ago?

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
I'm pretty bummed about this. My heart sank when I read it on twitter. For the best though.

Don't drink and drive. And at least wear a fuckin seat belt if you do.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I'm pretty bummed about this. My heart sank when I read it on twitter. For the best though.

Don't drink and drive. And at least wear a fuckin seat belt if you do.
Yeah, super sad man. I was playing cards saturday night and one of the guys said it at the table. Pretty sad. The deftones haven't made an announcement yet. If they don't cancel this leg of the tour, I may try to go catch them in OKC at the end of the month.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Yeah, super sad man. I was playing cards saturday night and one of the guys said it at the table. Pretty sad. The deftones haven't made an announcement yet. If they don't cancel this leg of the tour, I may try to go catch them in OKC at the end of the month.
I dont see why they would cancel the tour. He has been in a coma for ~5 years, they probably expected this to happen a lot sooner. Either way, it sucks but he is done suffering.

RIP Chi.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
I dont see why they would cancel the tour. He has been in a coma for ~5 years, they probably expected this to happen a lot sooner. Either way, it sucks but he is done suffering.

RIP Chi.
True... maybe not the tour, but a few shows to mourn and go to the funeral. Sad day....

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
Somebody backed out, and my buddy called me and said he had an extra ticket for me.

I'm goin Sunday. When I saw them in Dallas in October, they fucking rocked. I wish they could get a decent opener. Every time I've seen them it has been a pretty weake opening band.

It's gonna be intense on Sunday.

Chino Kapone

Jun 10, 2005
Okay, the opener last night was pretty fucking sick. I had never heard of 'Everybody Panic!', but they fucking rocked. Will listen to them again.

Multiple 'CHI!' chants last night. They opened, that's right, opened with 'Be Quiet and Drive' instantly went into shove it, and as always, closed with '7 words.'

By far the coolest thing to happen last night was that there was a 7 year old kid on the rails. During 'Bloody Cape' he pulled that kid up during the break down, and the kid sat there head banging right beside Chino on the speakers up front. The crowd went crazy. Awesome moment... I'm pissed that I got zero pictures because my phone was dead the moment I got there.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Does this mean less Defftones music? 'Cuz if it does, this is awesome.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
Does this mean less Defftones music? 'Cuz if it does, this is awesome.
They've had another bassist for years, so no. Ass.