Democrats use dirty tricks to block illegal immigrant legislation

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
[yt]KQJYiGFkDX4[/yt]

[yt]2dgkV6gerTY[/yt]

House erupts in chaos

In a massive flare-up of partisan tensions (video link courtesy Breitbart.tv), Republicans walked out on a House vote late Thursday night to protest what they believed to be Democratic maneuvers to reverse an unfavorable outcome for them.

The flap represents a complete breakdown in parliamentary procedure and an unprecedented low for the sometimes bitterly divided chamber.

The rancor erupted shortly before 11 p.m. as Rep. Michael R. McNulty (D-N.Y.) gaveled close the vote on a standard procedural measure with the outcome still in doubt.

Details remain fuzzy, but numerous Republicans argued afterward that they had secured a 215-213 win on their motion to bar undocumented immigrants from receiving any federal funds apportioned in the agricultural spending bill for employment or rental assistance. Democrats, however, argued the measure was deadlocked at 214-214 and failed, members and aides on both sides of the aisle said afterward.

One GOP aide saw McNulty gavel the vote to a close after receiving a signal from his leaders – but before reading the official tally. And votes continued to shift even after he closed the roll call - a strange development in itself.

Whatever the final tally, acrimony quickly exploded between lawmakers on either side of the aisle as Democratic leaders tried to plot a solution, while parliamentarians on either side argued over protocol.

Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) eventually offered a motion to reconsider, according to floor staff on either side, ostensibly giving members a chance to recast their votes. But the maneuver sparked a chorus of angry protests from the Republicans, yelling “shame” on Democrats, while they returned fire with angry volleys of their own.

When Democrats finally moved to consider the spending bill as the last vote of the night, furious Republicans left the chamber en masse to protest the maneuver. The House eventually recessed at 11:18 p.m. But Republicans quickly discovered that there was no longer any record of the controversial vote and immediately charged Democrats with erasing the bad result.

“Obviously, the Democrats don’t want to stand up against illegal immigration – so much so that they’re willing to cheat in order to win a vote,” Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) said in an e-mail. “They’re desperate – and it shows.”

The official House website did not show a record of the vote as of 1 a.m. Friday.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0807/House_erupts_in_chaos.html

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Ho-lee shit. Things are getting really rough now.
Seriously, has there ever been this kind of bitter partisanship before?

Jesus, enough with the dirty tricks... just fucking take the vote. If it fails, doesn't that tell you that maybe you might have the wrong idea?

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
There's only one solution - stop voting for the incumbents. Let them know we won't put up with this waste of our tax dollars.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
I can't believe how much of a hardon the democrats have to give crap to illegal immigrants.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
I was going to say civil war 2, but ok.

FellowTraveler

Frank Reynolds is my hero
Jul 24, 2005
I can't believe how much of a hardon the democrats have to give crap to illegal immigrants.

Thats like 30 million votes right there. It is nothing but pandering

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
How long before we get to this;

[yt]voJ9c0BKJrY[/yt]

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Update on Drudge:

UPDATE: Dems resort to paper-ballot voting (c. 1938) as House electronic system undergoes mysterious 'engineering problems'...'The tally board is broken. Members can't see how colleagues voted or how much time is left,' says source... MORE...

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
There's only one solution - stop voting for the incumbents. Let them know we won't put up with this waste of our tax dollars.
I've e-mailed my senators with the following message:

Vote Amnesty, and we will vote you out.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Paper balloting is such a great thing when you want to ensure your side wins.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Excuse for not wanting this country to turn into a 3rd world shit-hole? which it is slowly becoming. I'm tired of graffiti all over once beautiful neighborhoods (which wasn't the case when these places were predominantly German, Italian and Irish immigrants), tired of our youth looking up to criminals and doing poorly in school because they aspire to be rap-artists with loose fitting "jail-house bitch" drawers, tired of the Hollywood gay mafia propaganda making straight couples seem like we aren't the "normal" people, tired of the racism against the straight, white Judeo-Christian male (we are the only ones that can be accused of a hate crimes you know), tired of Sean Penn and the rest of 'em which all seems to be a direct result of the 60's and the Kennedy clan.

Liberals want this "Fairness Doctrine" bill passed because the public air-waves is the one medium where they have failed horribly. How's that for freedom of speech ?

That's all.

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
Excuse for not wanting this country to turn into a 3rd world shit-hole? which it is slowly becoming. I'm tired of graffiti all over once beautiful neighborhoods (which wasn't the case when these places were predominantly German, Italian and Irish immigrants), tired of our youth looking up to criminals and doing poorly in school because they aspire to be rap-artists with loose fitting "jail-house bitch" drawers, tired of the Hollywood gay mafia propaganda making straight couples seem like we aren't the "normal" people, tired of the racism against the straight, white Judeo-Christian male (we are the only ones that can be accused of a hate crimes you know), tired of Sean Penn and the rest of 'em which all seems to be a direct result of the 60's and the Kennedy clan.

Liberals want this "Fairness Doctrine" bill passed because the public air-waves is the one medium where they have failed horribly. How's that for freedom of speech ?

That's all.
:clap::clap::clap:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Does this actually surprise anone? This is a governing body whose rules allow one side to block a vote by yammering on and on about nothing until the other side gets bored and goes home.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
doesnt anyone know what the term ILLEGAL means? i am still and always will be confused how someone can root for, vote for(help) or aide these individuals. they fucking shouldnt be here!!!! do it legally and we dont have a problem well maybe some would but thats another story

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
Oh yeah? Well, plenty of fucking Americans decided to "vote out the incumbents" last election, and it gave us a Democrat majority, which has been.......hmm, at a MINIMUM, as awful and corrupt as the Republican Congress it replaced.