Democrats Want To Make Self Defense Illegal, To Protect Us

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
I was joking in my thread about the UK banning self defense classes and then I see that democrats want to make laws to outlaw self defense.

By JONATHAN ALLEN | 5/8/12 1:41 PM EDT
House liberals want the government to cut funding for state and local police programs in places that have “Stand Your Ground” laws like the Florida statute at the center of the Trayvon Martin shooting case.
Reps. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), co-chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, will offer an amendment to a Justice Department spending bill as early as Tuesday evening that would slash 20 percent of Byrne Grant funding for states with such laws on the books.

The authors know the amendment has no chance of winning adoption in the Republican-dominated House. But they hope to make a point about Martin’s shooting: that states and municipalities become less safe when citizens are given the right to shoot people who they believe represent a threat of death or great bodily harm.

“The message here is if you have this kind of law that your federal funding is going to take a hit because they make states less safe,” said Adam Sarvana, communications director for Grijalva.
Progressives want lawmakers to choose “whether they want that law or the appropriate level of public safety funding,” Sarvana said. “I think that’s a position they need to be put in and that they should have to explain to voters why are these laws more important than police funding.”

The Byrne grant program provides $370 million to state and local police forces to enforce the law, prosecute crimes, fund drug treatment programs, provide assistance to victims and witnesses, pay for drug treatment programs and other purposes.

George Zimmerman has been charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin, an unarmed black Florida teen-ager who was killed in late February after Zimmerman came upon him while volunteering for a neighborhood watch program in a gated community. Zimmerman had called police to report suspicious activity before the shooting.
Who said all of this Zimmerman stuff was just to push anti self defense laws? Me, I said that.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Your conspira-meter is slow today, this has already been discussed in the Zimmerman thread.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA
I was joking in my thread about the UK banning self defense classes and then I see that democrats want to make laws to outlaw self defense.

Who said all of this Zimmerman stuff was just to push anti self defense laws? Me, I said that.
good call Nostradumbass. All of us that carry were saying that from the start of that thread. Stop trying to be a visionary and enjoy the mountains. Jesus dude.... if I lived in Colorado, the only time I would be in my house would be to eat, shower and sleep

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Dec 6, 2004
Lower Bucks Co, PA

good call Nostradumbass. All of us that carry were saying that from the start of that thread. Stop trying to be a visionary and enjoy the mountains. Jesus dude.... if I lived in Colorado, the only time I would be in my house would be to eat, shower and sleep

MTJonny

Donator
Apr 24, 2009
Greater Seattle area
Kirk heard you! (Not me, I think two posts is fine, but that Kirk really hates the mods....)

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Is it too late to call Kirk a Nostradumbass because "Stand your Ground" and Self-defense are two completely different laws and circumstances?