Deputy shows up at house and shoots family dog

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
not sure why ya want to smack the owner... besides him keeping the dog outside? Treatment of the wounds?

Maybe the fact that they didn;t seem to know that the dog was still alive. (who the fuck was this deputy? Roscoe Peeee Coltrane?)

Nov 29, 2006
FL
I want to smack the shit out of the cop and the owner. The whole incident reeks of retardation.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Yeah, for the whole thing about having the dog tied outside and the less-than-great medical treatment. That really, really bugs me. But there's more to it than that.

Let me do a little role-play:

Deputy: I'm here to shoot your dog. We've gotten complaints.

Me: What dog? I don't have a dog. You must be at the wrong house. Go get some documentation and come back with some documentation and a warrant of some kind.

(Meanwhile, begin Operation Dogs Hit The Mattresses. I send them on a road trip with my father to West Virginia to stay with my aunt until I sort out these shenanigans).

Deputy returns

Me: Feel free to come search. Like I said before, we have no dogs here.

(End of roleplay).

This jackass took the deputy out back AFTER he got a rifle out of his car and showed him the dog. Then after the deputy shot the dog and left, he just went in the house. They just left the dog there. It was admittedly DAYS later that they found the dog was still alive.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
Dammit, I thought this said, Deputy shows up at house and shoots Dog.

Nov 29, 2006
FL
Yeah, for the whole thing about having the dog tied outside. That bugs me. But there's more.

Let me do a little role-play:

Deputy: I'm here to shoot your dog. We've gotten complaints.

Me: What dog? I don't have a dog. You must be at the wrong house. Go get some documentation and come back with some documentation and a warrant of some kind.

(Meanwhile, begin Operation Dogs Hit The Mattresses. I send them on a road trip with my father to West Virginia to stay with my aunt until I sort out these shenanigans).

Deputy returns

Me: Feel free to come search. Like I said before, we have no dogs here.

(End of roleplay).

This jackass took the deputy out back AFTER he got a rifle out of his car and showed him the dog. Then after the deputy shot the dog and left, he just went in the house. They just left the dog there. It was admittedly DAYS later that they found the dog was still alive.
I agree wholeheartedly. As a dog owner, I see how idiotic this guy is. But since when do deputies come to your home and put down a dog with a rifle in front of your family? Never mind leaving without confirming the dog's death... The deputy is just as stupid as the dog owner.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Deputy Suspended after Dog Shooting; Family Suing County

More of the story..this aired today:
http://www.kidk.com/news/local/11726496.html

A Channel 3 Eyewitness News investigation has led to the suspension of a Teton County deputy accused of shooting a dog.

Deputy Joseph Gutierrez has been suspended and the Tri-county Sheriff's organization is now investigating the shooting incident.

It all stems from an exclusive story channel 3 told you about Tuesday night concerning a family who says Gutierrez showed up at their house and shot their dog three times.

Gutierrez told the Barboza family he was there because the dog had bitten someone. When the family asked for proof, they say the deputy said he didn't need any.

After our story aired, Justin Frandsen emailed me. He said he was arrested the night before the dog was shot and was in the Teton County Sheriff's Office when he heard officers talking about the dog.

Justin Frandsen, Resident: "They were joking and laughing about what weapons they wanted to shoot him with and how they were gonna shoot him. At the end of the conversation they were almost feuding over who got to shoot the dog."

Fransden was shocked by what he heard and says he felt obligated to say something.

Frandsen: "You guys must feel like you're real big cops, real tough guys, to have to go out and basically assassinate somebody's house pet."

After Teton County resident Nancy Nead saw our story, she emailed me and believes facts are probably being left out of the story.

Frandsen: "I would bet that the deputy was either protecting himself because I have hard time believe that the deputy would just come and shoot the dog without a reason."

We want to know why deputy Guiterrez shot the dog and hear his side of the story.

We personally invite him to talk with us and answer our questions.

When we spoke with Teton County dispatch, they say they've received multiple death threats against their officers.

We do not support or encourage that type of behavior.

Channel 3 has also learned the Barboza's attorney has filed a tort claim against Teton County.

That means the county will be notified in writing, that the Barboza's will pursue legal action.

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I would have told the cop to go fuck himself if he showed up to my place saying he wanted to shoot my dog.

But the cop should be fired, not only for not killing a dog with THREE SHOTS, but for shooting a dog because of a baseless complaint. He had no legal authority to execute an animal in such a manner.

He should also be charged with felony animal abuse for causing such harm to an animal that posed no threat to anyone's life.

People are charged with animal abuse all of the time for lesser offenses and cops shouldnt be that stupid.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Apparently the dog has gotten treatment.. is on meds and will be getting stitched up after the holiday.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Why the fuck would you just leave the dog out there anyway? If the fucking dog is shot take it to the vet, or bury it IF ITS FUCKING DEAD! fucking retards.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i have to agree with the "some thing is fishy" if that is the whole story then, yes i want to smack both of them.

that being said, there is only one person that is going to shoot my dog and that is me.

some one comes to my house to shoot my dogs, they better bring the swat team and a warrant.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
That video made me want to cry. That poor little dog, with his open wounds. It looked so incredibly sad.

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
Why would anyone let someone shoot his dog? Someone shows up to shoot my dog, well, he might get shot himself.