Derosa's Been Great On The Show

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
It was great to hear him sing "Easy" last week. Ever since the big debates on Uninformed about Joe's singing ability I've been curious. Beyond that he's hilarious and cracks me up whenever he's in studio. I hope he continues to come in more frequently.

I really love when Patrice is in as well and feel having different guests in is a nice change up, when Norton's out.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Yeah, I've become a big fan of DeRosa from his O&A appearances.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Derosa has replaced Bobby and Patrice as my favorite guest comedian person on the show. For the first time ever I actually believe there's a possibility the show could continue if it lost Jimmy to Hollywood permanently.

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I really like DeRosa on O&A and Bob Kelly's podcast. I love that he is one of the few comics that isn't a faggot addict. He seems like a pretty regular dude who likes to drink and fuck around. Everything doesn't have to lead back to being an addict.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I like DeRosa, he's funny. I also like how he has a lack of shoulders and trex body,

George Costanza

All Hail the Dragonslayer.
Aug 10, 2007
Lake Orion Michigan
Burr always railed on him about his shoulders on old episodes Uninformed. I see what Burr meant when I saw Derosa without a sportcoat on Opie's video about Romcom's and he really has sloped shoulders. I don't know if he's ready to do a solo podcast like Burr, Rogan and Maron yet. I like him best when he has someone to work off of. It has been great hearing him outside of the new episode of Uninformed. His story about coke was pretty good today too.

The Full Bug

Neuw Pleumes!
Nov 21, 2004
Listening to him on the replay now - I agree, he's great. Maron is a great add, too. His coke dealer stories are hilarious.

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
tss I thought you was gonna say he was on fire, I'da been like "stop and roll Joe, someone call 911 and get an ambulance or sumpthin!!"

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
I agree, DeRosa is great and Maron was great today too. They both worked well together.

Dec 19, 2005
I've been trying to remember...
there was a show where DeRosa turned the corner from comedian appearance to the dark side.
Does anyone recall the show or what he did that turned a lot of people on to his fitting in with the show?
Damn... what was it?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
there was a show where DeRosa turned the corner from comedian appearance to the dark side.
Does anyone recall the show or what he did that turned a lot of people on to his fitting in with the show?
Damn... what was it?
I was alway a fan of his from Uninformed but if I had to guess the episode, it was the one where Opie was out and he and Patrice were mocking Lady Gaga. That might have been the first episode that really showed just how much he fit. That might have also been around the time Colin Kane was in a lot, further showing how good he is with the crew.

I agree with the earlier poster who mentioned if Jimmy leaves, Joe would be the best possible third mic. Unlike other third mics, he's still young enough and not a headliner that a gig like this would be an extra, rather than a potential profession.

Hello=]

Jun 19, 2010
Texas
Derosa is awesome. When opie leaves and does his shit podcast maybe it'll be the jimmy and anthony show with derosa as third mic

espo222

Jul 4, 2010
Damn... what was it?
I think it was the one where he was on and he was railing against Jen Sterger and other hot chicks who flaunt their sexuality and then get pissed when we wanna see them naked. He ranted on her and girls like her for like 15 minutes and it was great.

boardsofcanada

You're a Charcoal Briquette..ditsoon..a moolinyan
Jun 8, 2006
Damn... what was it?
He's always been fairly dark. There was however, a point where he turned the corner from being the guy that everyone in the room just shits on to fitting in and being more respected.

blueribbie

registered dick hole
Jun 16, 2006
I really like DeRosa on O&A and Bob Kelly's podcast. I love that he is one of the few comics that isn't a faggot addict. He seems like a pretty regular dude who likes to drink and fuck around. Everything doesn't have to lead back to being an addict.
You nailed it. He's a comic yet still a regular dude who likes to party. He also gets honest & open without being weirdo shockingly honest guy.

He's great on Red Eye too.

AFROshow

Mar 14, 2010
It's been nice not having to hear about Jimmy's pictures for a few days. It's been the number one topic for the show over the past two or three months, which turned it from a cute side-story to an addict allowing his obsession to overtake the show, on and off the air.

Unlike Anthony (politics) and Opie ("I'm TELLING you!"), it's incredibly difficult to get frustrated with Jim, but this finally did it.

Also, I agree. DeRosa might be my favorite guest comic.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
It's been nice not having to hear about Jimmy's pictures for a few days. It's been the number one topic for the show over the past two or three months, which turned it from a cute side-story to an addict allowing his obsession to overtake the show, on and off the air.

Unlike Anthony (politics) and Opie ("I'm TELLING you!"), it's incredibly difficult to get frustrated with Jim, but this finally did it.

Also, I agree. DeRosa might be my favorite guest comic.
i find it quite easy to get annoyed with jimmy, he's such a preachy asshole when it comes to drugs or alcohol, yet you know there's more tranny cock in his future. Far be it from anyone to have their own musical opinion without a berating from all knowing Jim. Jimmy still makes me laugh from time to time, but his meaty breasted, angsty, self-deprecating bullshit is wearing thin after 10 years schtick. If another comic kept up this one trick pony bullshit, Jimmy would be all over them for it.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Damn... what was it?
This?

[video=youtube;cnWQKxsywL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnWQKxsywL8[/video]

I believe this was after the Jen Sturger thing that was mentioned already, though. Dark DeRosa is fucking great.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
i find it quite easy to get annoyed with jimmy, he's such a preachy asshole when it comes to drugs or alcohol, yet you know there's more tranny cock in his future. Far be it from anyone to have their own musical opinion without a berating from all knowing Jim. Jimmy still makes me laugh from time to time, but his meaty breasted, angsty, self-deprecating bullshit is wearing thin after 10 years schtick. If another comic kept up this one trick pony bullshit, Jimmy would be all over them for it.
Don't forget, your fetish is gross. His fetish is acceptable.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Don't forget, your fetish is gross. His fetish is acceptable.
That is the only minor gripe I have with James. You'd think someone like him would be a tad more understanding of other peoples' oddities (fetishes, hobbies, etc.). I still enjoy him a lot, though. His recent Kenny La La La La rant was one of the funniest things I've heard recently. "Loose-fitting cadaver jacket, la la la la." :haha7:

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
Joe is great but Jimmy is still 10x as naturally funny as anyone I can think of.

xingcat

May 26, 2011
The thing I like the most about Derosa is his laugh. A lot of comedians seem to think that laughing at other people's jokes is beneath them, but whenever Derosa laughs, I tend to laugh along with him. It's second only to Patrice's crazy laugh.