Deus Ex 3 Announced!

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Go here.

theres also a non-gameplay teaser trailer here.

Once again being published by Eidos (unfortunately).

To me the only developers that are up to the task is Ken Levine and the rest of the Bioshock team. Unfortunately 2K Games owns their ass... :mad4:

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Well, the fact that they used a clip of the music from the original game is interesting. Perhaps this is a sign that Eidos is looking more to the original for direction as apposed to the should-have-been-an-abortion DX:IW.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Well, the fact that they used a clip of the music from the original game is interesting. Perhaps this is a sign that Eidos is looking more to the original for direction as apposed to the should-have-been-an-abortion DX:IW.
No doubt. The negative backlash they got over that game won't soon be forgotten. I didn't find the sequel all that bad but I know DE1 fans who wanted to cut Warren Spectors throat :rolleyes:

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
No doubt. The negative backlash they got over that game won't soon be forgotten. I didn't find the sequel all that bad but I know DE1 fans who wanted to cut Warren Spectors throat :rolleyes:
I didnt wanna cut Warren's throat, but I did want to cut someones throat over it. I actually used to be one of the staff writers at PlanetDeusEx. I need to get up with the site director and see if theyre going to de-mothball the site now that DX3 has been officially announced.

Oct 8, 2003
Chicago, IL
OMG!

This news is fucking gigantic for me. Deus Ex for PC (and re-bought for PS2) is one for my favorite games ever.

I own Deus Ex:IW, but never played too much of it. My PC is too slow for the game (someday I'll upgrade). And fucking 360 will not offer backwards compatibility for the game.

This could be great. Loved Bioshock, Mass Effect missed the mark for me with the awful AI and combat, but put that level of decision making and story into DE3, and it could be amazing. Or flop.

Here's hoping it doesn't suck a bag of dicks.

Also, any Deus Ex fans, check out "Project: Snowblind" for PS2.

HumpX

Character Assassin
Oct 30, 2004
Rhode Island
Also, any Deus Ex fans, check out "Project: Snowblind" for PS2.

I had it for the PC. It was goofy but a lot of fun nonetheless. The multiplayer was an absolute blast. I think Gametap has it as part of their service now. Not sure why they removed any connections with the Deus Ex universe.

Also, how old is your rig Cokelogic? IW is a few years old at this point. Unless its using an intel graphics on-board graphics chip you should be able to run it.