DHS Purchases Fun Shooting Targets

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Related – Tally: Feds Buy 2 Billion Rounds Of Ammo In 10 Months
Via Reason:
What if I told you police in your town could desensitize themselves to the idea of shooting a (armed) child, pregnant woman, or young mother, for just a couple of bucks? The “No More Hesitation” series from Law Enforcement Targets Inc. offers exactly that. For less than 99 cents per target, police can shoot at real-life images “designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.”
Update: The marketing team at Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. sends along this helpful explanation for the “No More Hesitation” series:
“The subjects in NMH targets were chosen in order to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training. I found while speaking with officers and trainers in the law enforcement community that there is a hesitation on the part of cops when deadly force is required on subjects with atypical age, frailty or condition (one officer explaining that he enlarged photos of his own kids to use as targets so that he would not be caught off guard with such a drastically new experience while on duty). This hesitation time may be only seconds but that is not acceptable when officers are losing their lives in these same situations. The goal of NMH is to break that stereotype on the range, regardless of how slim the chances are of encountering a real life scenario that involves a child, pregnant woman, etc. If that initial hesitation time can be cut down due to range experience, the officer and community are better served.”

The series contains seven targets in all, titled Pregnant Woman, Older Man 1, Older Man 2, Older Woman, Young Mother, Young Girl, and Little Brother. Each of the depicted subjects is armed.
Link - http://patdollard.com/2013/02/dhs-o...on/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Take a look at the webpage and the targets. You might notice all targets are white people, no hispanics, blacks or other races (Muslims).

Remember that our US Goverment has bought a shit load of bullets and has issued everybody in the government including guys that work for the NOAA (weather guys) rifles, handguns and bullets. Tin foil hat??

Dec 12, 2007
Muslims don't commit crimes MotorHead, your being a racist.

Now if you'll excuse me, I just won 2 million dollars from a guy in Africa.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
As far as the ammo thing goes I'm thinking they bought up all the ammo just so there would be no ammo left for anyone else and to make the cost of ammo go up. They also ended the practice of the military selling spent brass to the private sector for civilian use.

I really don't think they need targets of civilians to get a state worker to shoot a child or pregnant woman, look at Ruby Ridge, they didn't hesitate at all to kill the entire family over a quarter of an inch too short barrel.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Take a look at the webpage and the targets. You might notice all targets are white people, no hispanics, blacks or other races (Muslims).
Those targets are in the "Never Had Any Hesitation" series.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
Those targets are in the "Never Had Any Hesitation" series.
Exactly. The purpose of these new targets are to train on what would normally not need to be shot.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
As far as the ammo thing goes I'm thinking they bought up all the ammo just so there would be no ammo left for anyone else and to make the cost of ammo go up. They also ended the practice of the military selling spent brass to the private sector for civilian use.

I really don't think they need targets of civilians to get a state worker to shoot a child or pregnant woman, look at Ruby Ridge, they didn't hesitate at all to kill the entire family over a quarter of an inch too short barrel.
Kirk, most of those contracts for ammo are future deliveries. Please stop taking everything InfoWars posts as the gospel truth, and learn to read a government solicitation. Meanwhile, those DHS ammo orders (over the amount of time deliveries are expected) will barely put a dent in US ammunition production.

Also, they attempted to stop military sales of spent brass, but it was reversed after a couple senators and several ammo companies raised a stink. The DRMS is still happily selling used brass to companies that want to buy it.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
These targets are in fact real, but the source is Pat Dollard - I was just told he has the credibility of Alex Jones and Jerry Springer. Not a good source if anybody decides to check the website for stories.

KRSOne

Dec 8, 2011
Sunnydale
Kirk, most of those contracts for ammo are future deliveries. Please stop taking everything InfoWars posts as the gospel truth, and learn to read a government solicitation. Meanwhile, those DHS ammo orders (over the amount of time deliveries are expected) will barely put a dent in US ammunition production.

Also, they attempted to stop military sales of spent brass, but it was reversed after a couple senators and several ammo companies raised a stink. The DRMS is still happily selling used brass to companies that want to buy it.
Call Mark "The Great One" Levin and let him know because hes saying one agency stockpiled 1.6 billion rounds.

Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities. The rounds are used for basic and advanced law enforcement training for federal law enforcement agencies under the department’s umbrella. The facilities also offer firearms training to tens of thousands of federal law enforcement officers. More than 90 federal agencies and 70,000 agents and officers used the department’s training center last year.
The rest of the 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition would be purchased by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the federal government’s second largest criminal investigative agency.
ICE’s ammunition requests in the last year included:
—450 million rounds of .40-caliber duty ammunition
—40 million rounds of rifle ammunition a year for as many as five years, for a total bullet-buy of 200 million rounds
—176,000 rifle rounds on a separate contract
—25,000 blank rounds
After looking at those numbers the more concerning part is the number of federal agents and agencies and not the number of bullets they bought.

Last edited:

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Call Mark "The Great One" Levin and let him know because hes saying one agency stockpiled 1.6 billion rounds.

After looking at those numbers the more concerning part is the number of federal agents and agencies and not the number of bullets they bought.

Ahem...

"Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities."

Also, many of these contracts are for large training centers that host training courses for employees of multiple agencies. Some of them are for the internal training by those individual agencies. For gun-carrying federal agents, it's not unusual to see 250 rounds being fired per qualification, and being required to qualify 4 times a year - PLUS other training requirements.

In short, none of this is the least bit unusual, and the fed has been buying ammo in these quantities (give or take a few percent for changes in numbers of agents and training budget) for a long time.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
the govt could be just releasing the info that they are buying all of this ammo to prompt the citizens to buy more thus give barry more of a case to go ahead with his gun grab

jimmyslostchin

Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?
Jun 8, 2005
NJ
These targets are in fact real, but the source is Pat Dollard - I was just told he has the credibility of Alex Jones and Jerry Springer. Not a good source if anybody decides to check the website for stories.
Hey, did you read that on Twitter by any chance? Maybe another 'Bagger ya follow? :action-sm

Yeah but for real, Pat Dollard is Alex Jones in desert camo. Same schtick. Inflammatory attention grabbing headline, fairly innocuous story follows.

I'll make the obvious joke here: of course they're all white targets. No one has a problem shooting the hispanics or blacks.

And as always, Plank is correct about the ammo contracts. But Pat Dollard is convinced they're for suppressing the inevitable insurrection when Obama refuses to abdicate/sends the secret police after everyone/goes to personally grab every gun ever manufactured etc etc.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Ahem...

"Dixon said one of the contracts would allow Homeland Security to buy up to 750 million rounds of ammunition over the next five years for its training facilities."

Also, many of these contracts are for large training centers that host training courses for employees of multiple agencies. Some of them are for the internal training by those individual agencies. For gun-carrying federal agents, it's not unusual to see 250 rounds being fired per qualification, and being required to qualify 4 times a year - PLUS other training requirements.

In short, none of this is the least bit unusual, and the fed has been buying ammo in these quantities (give or take a few percent for changes in numbers of agents and training budget) for a long time.
Federal law enforcement in the United States

Plus some of the lesser known uniformed services like the NOAA and PHS...

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State

Mark is only slightly less of a fearmonger than your pal Alex.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
yet at some ranges in nazi gun states it is illegal or "against the rules" to shoot targets depicting actual people. a buddy of mine that had a pistol in mass, had to join a range up there that banned there use. the only thing you were allowed to shoot there were round slow fire rifle targets.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
yet at some ranges in nazi gun states it is illegal or "against the rules" to shoot targets depicting actual people. a buddy of mine that had a pistol in mass, had to join a range up there that banned there use. the only thing you were allowed to shoot there were round slow fire rifle targets.
Guess that includes Zombie targets...

Bought a bunch of these after someone went on a shopping spree...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
If I were a congressman, I'd cut off all funding to DHS until they answered the question.

mr. sin

Mar 30, 2005
RALEIGH, NC
Army officer: Obama's DHS intends to kill "you and me!"
http://www.examiner.com/article/army-officer-obama-s-dhs-intends-to-kill-you-and-me?cid=db_articles
On Thursday, Terry M. Hestilow, a retired Army officer with nearly 30 years of service under his belt, as well as combat experience in both Vietnam and Afghanistan issued a dire warning to all Americans.
The following warning was posted on Hestilow's Facebook page:
I fully intend to address this in far greater detail within days, but ask yourself, with all the law enforcement available in the United States, who the DHS is preparing to declare war on inside the U.S.?
With the massive purchases of almost 3,000 new armored vehicles (MRAPs) and 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammunition, with associated weapons, who in the U.S. do they intend to kill? Short answer: You and me! Anyone they think is standing in their way to impose a new Marxist government! Anyone who stands for the U.S. Constitution!
We must demand that our representatives (Senators and U.S. Representatives) stand firm and immediately force, by law if necessary, the DHS turn over their arsenal of war making equipment to the Department of Defense. Nothing justifies this massive arms build up of an agency whose jurisdiction is internal within the United States of America! They are preparing to go to war against American citizens!
Don't wait on people like John McCain or Lindsey Graham to recognize the threat! Citizens you must demand Congress act to force these weapons, ammunition, and armored vehicles be turned over immediately to the DoD! Then let us dissolve the DHS (or SA, or SS... whatever you call them)!
Hear me, America. The DHS can only be preparing to declare war on us with the arsenal of weapons and equipment they are purchasing as they methodically dismantle our legitimate military made up of patriotic Americans! If I live and still have a page to speak out on later this week, I will discuss a proper Constitutional response in a couple of days. Standby. Out.
Captain Terry M. Hestilow, United States Army, Retired​
Of course, this comes on the heels of the news that DHS is purchasing 2,717 'Mine Resistant Protected' vehicles for urban use.
In light of the Obama administration's push for gun-grabbing legislation, a flurry of "multi-agency training drills" inside our cities and towns, the dismissal of several well-respected military leaders and the purchase of urban tanks, along with 2 billion rounds of ammunition...one need not be a conspiracy theorist to be genuinely concerned about the imminent threat to our freedoms, as well as to our very lives.

KR1288

Mar 23, 2012
Lower Bucks
Army officer: Obama's DHS intends to kill "you and me!"
http://www.examiner.com/article/army-officer-obama-s-dhs-intends-to-kill-you-and-me?cid=db_articles
On Thursday, Terry M. Hestilow, a retired Army officer with nearly 30 years of service under his belt, as well as combat experience in both Vietnam and Afghanistan issued a dire warning to all Americans.
The following warning was posted on Hestilow's Facebook page:
I fully intend to address this in far greater detail within days, but ask yourself, with all the law enforcement available in the United States, who the DHS is preparing to declare war on inside the U.S.?​
With the massive purchases of almost 3,000 new armored vehicles (MRAPs) and 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammunition, with associated weapons, who in the U.S. do they intend to kill? Short answer: You and me! Anyone they think is standing in their way to impose a new Marxist government! Anyone who stands for the U.S. Constitution!​
We must demand that our representatives (Senators and U.S. Representatives) stand firm and immediately force, by law if necessary, the DHS turn over their arsenal of war making equipment to the Department of Defense. Nothing justifies this massive arms build up of an agency whose jurisdiction is internal within the United States of America! They are preparing to go to war against American citizens!
Don't wait on people like John McCain or Lindsey Graham to recognize the threat! Citizens you must demand Congress act to force these weapons, ammunition, and armored vehicles be turned over immediately to the DoD! Then let us dissolve the DHS (or SA, or SS... whatever you call them)!
Hear me, America. The DHS can only be preparing to declare war on us with the arsenal of weapons and equipment they are purchasing as they methodically dismantle our legitimate military made up of patriotic Americans! If I live and still have a page to speak out on later this week, I will discuss a proper Constitutional response in a couple of days. Standby. Out.​
Captain Terry M. Hestilow, United States Army, Retired​
Of course, this comes on the heels of the news that DHS is purchasing 2,717 'Mine Resistant Protected' vehicles for urban use.
In light of the Obama administration's push for gun-grabbing legislation, a flurry of "multi-agency training drills" inside our cities and towns, the dismissal of several well-respected military leaders and the purchase of urban tanks, along with 2 billion rounds of ammunition...one need not be a conspiracy theorist to be genuinely concerned about the imminent threat to our freedoms, as well as to our very lives.