Diaz/Gracie Camp Keeping It Classy

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Diaz wasted no time ripping GSP's performance against Condit (which was obviously a lot better than his) & today his "guru" shows he is a dick too

It was noticed today that Cesar Gracie said the world jiu jitsu champion Caio Terra is no longer affiliated to his team.
According to Gracie, it’s against the ethics of the team to help another fighter who have already fought somebody of the team. As everybody knows, and it was shown during UFC Primetime and UFC Countdown prior to UFC 154, Caio Terra helped Carlos Condit to prepare for Georgrs. St. Pierre, and Condit fought against Nick Diaz last February for the interim welterweight title.
Cesar Gracie had some harsh words about Caio Terra in his Facebook account:
- OK we all saw that someone from our team got a camera and a few bucks put in their face and decided to show his true colors and stab his team mates in the back. No worries, that person is gone for good and I can’t be happier. That person would also be wise not to show his sissy little face around here again.
He has every right to fire him, but the last line just makes him look like a dick

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Seems a bit convoluted as well, not really seeing the direct connection.

Dec 9, 2004
Baton Rouge
So, they can't help someone that someone else has fought before? Seems legit.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
No shock Diaz is in a camp that acts like they are a gang

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
The whole dynamic between fighters from different camps is very tricky.

Look at the BJ Penn and Fitch situation.

BJ pretty much started out at AKA with Caramillo and Cook, but now that Fitch is there, Fitch doesn't want him anywhere near AKA. What if BJ goes to AKA and asks Caramillo to train with him? You think Fitch wouldn't throw a fit? The moment BJ mentioned he was thinking of going down to AKA, Fitch went into panic mode and said BJ wasn't welcomed.

Or just look at Greg Jackson, GSP and Condit. GSP trains at Jackson's part time, Condit is a full time fighter there, yet Jackson decided to not coach either guy. You think if Jackson had picked either GSP or Condit, the other wouldn't have been upset and cut ties with him?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
The whole dynamic between fighters from different camps is very tricky.

Look at the BJ Penn and Fitch situation.

BJ pretty much started out at AKA with Caramillo and Cook, but now that Fitch is there, Fitch doesn't want him anywhere near AKA. What if BJ goes to AKA and asks Caramillo to train with him? You think Fitch wouldn't throw a fit? The moment BJ mentioned he was thinking of going down to AKA, Fitch went into panic mode and said BJ wasn't welcomed.

Or just look at Greg Jackson, GSP and Condit. GSP trains at Jackson's part time, Condit is a full time fighter there, yet Jackson decided to not coach either guy. You think if Jackson had picked either GSP or Condit, the other wouldn't have been upset and cut ties with him?
Agreed & I can see him losing interest in working with him again, but he acted like a dick & did it publicly so you can only imagine how much of a dick he is in private

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
People who fight for a living are hothead douchebags? No way....

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
People who fight for a living are hothead douchebags? No way....
Funny part is not as many as you would guess are (MMA)
Maybe it stems from the "discipline/respect"

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Mobile, AL
Funny part is not as many as you would guess are (MMA)
Maybe it stems from the "discipline/respect"
The interviews I've heard on O&A they seem like ok guys... But I imagine in real life situations and not media shit, a lot of them are pricks.... Ever since UFC got big, every wannabe tough guy around here goes to some jujitsu class and thinks they are Billy Badass. There is at least one in every bar I've been to in the last 5 years.

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
The interviews I've heard on O&A they seem like ok guys... But I imagine in real life situations and not media shit, a lot of them are pricks.... Ever since UFC got big, every wannabe tough guy around here goes to some jujitsu class and thinks they are Billy Badass. There is at least one in every bar I've been to in the last 5 years.
There are a few bad apples, but MMA fighters are way more fan friendly that athletes from other sports. In fact, that's one of the things the UFC always brags about.