Dick's Sporting Goods Suspends Sales of modern Sporting Rifles(i.e. AR-15's)

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
Guess I won't be shopping there anymore.

Sporting goods chain suspends sale of certain semi-automatic after shooting

By Susan Candiotti, CNN
updated 5:33 AM EST, Tue December 18, 2012
Mourners leave Honan Funeral Home after attending the funeral for Jack Pinto, 6, one of the youngest victims of the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting, on Monday, December 17, in Newtown, Connecticut. As more funerals are scheduled for the rest of the week, investigators in Connecticut work to better understand what happened.

HIDE CAPTION
Newtown funerals: A community says goodbye

• It is unclear how long the suspension will last
  • Firearms were not sold to Adam Lanza, the store says
(CNN) -- Dick's Sporting Goods, one of the largest sporting goods retailers in the world, says it has removed all guns from its store nearest to Newtown, Connecticut, and is suspending the sale of certain kinds of semi-automatic rifles from its chains nationwide.
The move was made out of respect for the victims and families of last week's Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting "during this time of national mourning," the store said in a statement Tuesday morning.
"We continue to extend our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy," the statement said.
It was unclear how long the store will keep the suspension in place for the guns, known as 'modern sporting rifles.'
Comfort dogs bring joy to Newtown
Victim's mom: 'I have a hole in my heart'
Funerals for Newtown victims begin
It's also not known whether this is the first time the store has taken such a step after a shooting that made national headlines.
A search of Dick's Sporting Goods website early Tuesday morning showed a blank page for "modern sporting rifles."
The move comes after reports that investigators were trying to determine whether the gunman in the Newtown shooting, Adam Lanza, tried to buy a gun from a Dick's Sporting Goods store in the city of Danbury, about 12 miles away.
"At this time, reports that the suspect visited one of our stores last week have not been confirmed by law enforcement," the sporting goods store said in a statement. "Based on our records, we can confirm that no firearms were sold to the suspect identified in this case."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/justice/connecticut-dicks-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
what a crock of shit, i also just saw this on the news, what a shame, i used to like dick's i even bought a gun there a few years ago, but fuck them now, i wont buy shit from them anymore, i used to buy a lot of stuff there, a lot of fishing shit, fancy Columbia clothes, guns, ammo, my gun safe, shoes. fuck em, they wont get my business anymore.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
The headline should have read "In a political move that in reality makes no difference what so ever, Dick's Sporting Goods..."

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
That's a bad sign.. This is worse.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-to-sell-gunmaker-freedom-group/

Investment firms only care about money, if they are dumping gunmaker stock it only means they think it will go down in value.

There was just a thing about that on CNN this morning and I think they are dumping the stock more because there is a teachers union that has stock in Cerberus and it would be an ugly link if teachers were making money off of Freedom Group which owns Bushmaster. They didn't dump because they thought Bushmaster is going down in value.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i dont think any gun manufactures are going to go down any time soon, if this horse shit is going to go even slightly like the last bullshit AWB then guns are just going to skyrocket in price, the AWB really did NOTHING other than raise prices. the public is booo hoooing today, the lefty gun grabbers are on there soap boxes yet for some odd reason gun sales are through the roof, CCW licenses are at an all time high, and violent crime is at an all time low, i really wish some one would point this out to all of these fucking head in the sand gun grabbers

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
That sucks, I was going to go to Dicks and buy a 10/22 for a Christmas present. Oh well, no reason to ever go there again.

Off to Cabela's and hope they have one in stock.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
I saw a Bushmaster I liked at one of the local ranges. Maybe I ought to pick it up now.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Purely symbolic move for Dick's since guns are on a 6 month backorder anyway. Once supplies recover, they will be readily available again.

Jun 30, 2005
The Irony is if he did try to buy a gun at Dick's and was turned away...that means that Dick's is EXACTLY who we want selling guns...a responsible retailer that forced that nut job to seek a gun elsewhere because he didn't want to go through the legal process of obtaining a gun...

Dec 8, 2004
I'll stick with either KTP or that guy in NH... KTP is easier as it is in state and I don't have to prove residency.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
I saw a Bushmaster I liked at one of the local ranges. Maybe I ought to pick it up now.
I would. The wife and I are
going gun shopping after
Christmas.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
How well did Kmart fair with their outspoken spokesperson libtard anti-gun rant?

Gorilla Pimp

Popped a molly i'm sweatin, WOO
Nov 2, 2009
Who the fuck buys their guns from Dick's Sporting Goods in the first place? Let them make some political stand, and the working class white people who support guns will stop going to them and spending money on their kids sports equipment and take their business elsewhere.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Dicks has some pretty good prices on hunting rifles

but not now

Dec 8, 2004
An announcement from Windham Arms (where Bushmaster used to be made)...

Our Thoughts on the Newtown, CT Tragedy

"All of Windham Weaponry's owners and employees are sickened and shocked by the senseless tragedy at Newtown, Connecticut. Many of us have small children and find it impossible to make sense of such a horrific act by a very sick individual. Our hearts are also broken for the victims and their grieving families. We sincerely hope that our country can come together to find solutions to the very complex issues of preventing these very disturbed and unstable people from ever getting to the point where they act out in this way.”

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
What a bunch of faggots

Oh well big chains are never the best places to buy guns

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Favorite gun store in my home town did over $40,000 in sales yesterday. Almost every store there is all but sold out of AR-15s and magazines. Cheaper Than Dirt has pulled all online firearms sales, and is now selling PMAGs (common AR-15 magazine) for the whopping low price of $60 each - they were less than $12 a few days ago. 5.56 ammunition prices have double on their website, as well. Price-gouging fucks.

the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
CTD is now sold out of PMAG's as far as I can tell. This is getting to be beyond ridiculous. I am glad I got my 10 pack of Magpul EMAG's ordered last week before this happened. That will give me 20 EMAG's plus the several HK mags that I have.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
CTD is now sold out of PMAG's as far as I can tell. This is getting to be beyond ridiculous. I am glad I got my 10 pack of Magpul EMAG's ordered last week before this happened. That will give me 20 EMAG's plus the several HK mags that I have.
They had one PMAG SKU left as of 10 minutes ago, but they dropped the price to $30 after massive protests on their facebook page.

Also, NRA just announced a press conference for this Friday in Washington, DC. No time given yet.

They better not be caving in.